Tomac happy

mxer15
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 8:14am
After watching post race interviews with tomac I was surprised how happy he was. At first I was taken back, but as a former racer I realized he was happy with his performance, in which he proved he is the fastest supercross rider ever. The championship being lost didn't appear to be the end all that we as fans make it out to be. Yeah the money he didn't win for the championship sucks, but he certainly doesn't need it. It was refreshing to see a racer in 2019 actually seems to truly ride with the spirit we all started riding and racing. For the love of it...
|
Robgvx
5/6/2019 4:45am
“The fast supercross rider ever”...?
Deja New
5/6/2019 4:46am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2019 4:46am
Bold statement “fastest sx rider ever” not sure on that one but I bet he is happy being healthy and showing the field what speed he is bringing to the outdoors.
offroad44b
5/6/2019 4:50am
I said the same thing after his heat. First he was absolutely flying, then after the race you could tell he was just having fun. He's gonna take it into outdoors and blow everyone away.
280driver
5/6/2019 4:52am
I️ think he was happy with his result, happy that his team and bike are now dialed in, happy the season is over. Ready to rock it outdoors.

The Shop

aees
5/6/2019 5:13am
He said in earlier interview that his focus was to get the bike dialed for next season sx.

He knew the championship hunt was over several rounds ago so only thing to care for is that he can go into 2020 sx and work everyone from A1.

Let's now see if they can get the bike setup for Tomac speed outdoors.
Silas444
5/6/2019 5:53am
It would appear Tomac prefers the Outdoor series over Supercross. Well, me too - big time - so perhaps that's why he seemed so happy; he's relieved that the overhyped indoor stuff is now over, that he ended it with a bang, and that now, at last, the thing he's REALLY interested in winning is about to start.
5/6/2019 8:20am
Silas444 wrote:
It would appear Tomac prefers the Outdoor series over Supercross. Well, me too - big time - so perhaps that's why he seemed so happy; he's...
It would appear Tomac prefers the Outdoor series over Supercross. Well, me too - big time - so perhaps that's why he seemed so happy; he's relieved that the overhyped indoor stuff is now over, that he ended it with a bang, and that now, at last, the thing he's REALLY interested in winning is about to start.
Absolutely nothing wrong with him preferring MX either if that is the case. Listening to the Whiskey Throttle Show with Marty Smith and while supercross was in its infancy then he still very much preferred it and has gone down as a legend of the sport.

At the end of the day outdoor MX is where this whole thing started.
sandman768
5/6/2019 8:33am
Would love to see Tomac head over to MXGP at some point, SX is just a meat grinder...
BroFoSho
5/6/2019 8:36am
aees wrote:
He said in earlier interview that his focus was to get the bike dialed for next season sx. He knew the championship hunt was over several...
He said in earlier interview that his focus was to get the bike dialed for next season sx.

He knew the championship hunt was over several rounds ago so only thing to care for is that he can go into 2020 sx and work everyone from A1.

That's the exact same thing they said about the 2017 season... and the 2018 season... and the 2019 season...
Johnny Ringo
5/6/2019 8:41am
aees wrote:
He said in earlier interview that his focus was to get the bike dialed for next season sx. He knew the championship hunt was over several...

BroFoSho wrote:
That's the exact same thing they said about the 2017 season... and the 2018 season... and the 2019 season...
Actually, no
5/6/2019 8:00pm
He said a couple of times once he realised the championship was out of reach his goal was to finish the SX season with the new KX450 dialed in so they're not leaving Vegas with any doubts about the new machine.

Looks to me like he's happy with his new machine and ready for the outdoors to start!
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
5/6/2019 8:07pm
You had me until “fastest supercross rider ever”...that’s hilarious. Dude has 0 titles. A truckload of dudes have multiple supercross titles. Silly.
just James
5/6/2019 8:10pm
He was happy with himself because he just raced to win in Vegas, and let whatever happened behind him happen.
No silly games this time.
Ranman68
5/6/2019 8:18pm
I think he accepted the fact that the title was probably out of reach two or three races prior, so he just set his sights on blowing everybody's doors off at Vegas and clearly he did just that. I can't help but think that there was conflict at Kawasaki between him and whoever over setting the bike up and now that's over. Not saying it was to do or not to do with Mike Williamson. It just seems to be, and Tomac has seemed happier and faster on the bike in recent weeks. I'm guessing he likes his set up now, feels good for the outdoors, and had some fun in beast mode to remind everybody of what he can do on any given night.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/6/2019 8:49pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I think he accepted the fact that the title was probably out of reach two or three races prior, so he just set his sights on...
I think he accepted the fact that the title was probably out of reach two or three races prior, so he just set his sights on blowing everybody's doors off at Vegas and clearly he did just that. I can't help but think that there was conflict at Kawasaki between him and whoever over setting the bike up and now that's over. Not saying it was to do or not to do with Mike Williamson. It just seems to be, and Tomac has seemed happier and faster on the bike in recent weeks. I'm guessing he likes his set up now, feels good for the outdoors, and had some fun in beast mode to remind everybody of what he can do on any given night.
I can't say it had anything to do with MW or not. No way really to know for sure. That said, since Daytona on he has been a different rider and his statistics back that up. Prior to Daytona (first 9 races), he had only led 16 laps on the season, won only 2 races, and had an average starting position of 8.3. From Dayonta on (last 8 races), he won 4 races, led 84 laps, and had an avg starting position of 3.8. Statistically speaking, the improvement was substantial. Can't say what the real reason was, but it was evident it all started at Daytona. And in Vegas, he looked like he has the bike fully dialed in now and he's happy with it. I'm sure there will be some days it's not perfect but he's in a much better place than he was in A1.
Ranman68
5/6/2019 11:55pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I think he accepted the fact that the title was probably out of reach two or three races prior, so he just set his sights on...
TbonesPop wrote:
I can't say it had anything to do with MW or not. No way really to know for sure. That said, since Daytona on he has...
I can't say it had anything to do with MW or not. No way really to know for sure. That said, since Daytona on he has been a different rider and his statistics back that up. Prior to Daytona (first 9 races), he had only led 16 laps on the season, won only 2 races, and had an average starting position of 8.3. From Dayonta on (last 8 races), he won 4 races, led 84 laps, and had an avg starting position of 3.8. Statistically speaking, the improvement was substantial. Can't say what the real reason was, but it was evident it all started at Daytona. And in Vegas, he looked like he has the bike fully dialed in now and he's happy with it. I'm sure there will be some days it's not perfect but he's in a much better place than he was in A1.
Interesting stats. It's easy to see there were changes made and a drastic improvement in his results and in his demeanor. His starts got better also. I don't know how much is mental or mechanical, but his potential is unreal. He's untouchable when he's clicking. If only they could find a way to keep him clicking at all times. They better figure out how, and very soon, because Webb is going to get stronger and stronger.
tek14
5/7/2019 12:20am
He knows he will get another million from Monster Cup as his bike finally working for him at Vegas.
5/7/2019 12:29am
He's just happy to go outdoors knowing he'll get a huge payday for barely being in the top 10 of fastest motocross riders on the planet right now.
5/7/2019 5:28am
He's just happy to go outdoors knowing he'll get a huge payday for barely being in the top 10 of fastest motocross riders on the planet...
He's just happy to go outdoors knowing he'll get a huge payday for barely being in the top 10 of fastest motocross riders on the planet right now.
Your bait stinks.
5/7/2019 5:30am
He's just happy to go outdoors knowing he'll get a huge payday for barely being in the top 10 of fastest motocross riders on the planet...
Your bait stinks.
But accurate.
VoR
5/7/2019 7:12am
He had an amazing save, came back to pass Cooper, won the main going away, tied Hannah for all time SX wins... Yeah I'd say he was happy
mxer15
5/8/2019 12:54am
I didn't mean to say fastest ever I meant fastest this year. Pain meds talking a little there lol. I think some races he had bike issues that perhaps made him ride conservative and Kawasaki was trying to hide some after all the clear bike issues E3 had and JS had. I know I would shitting my pants not knowing if the bike would cut out as I was jumping a triple scary. Thoughts?
5/9/2019 2:30am
sandman768 wrote:
Would love to see Tomac head over to MXGP at some point, SX is just a meat grinder...
That would be a terrible business decision.
Crush
5/9/2019 4:01am
sandman768 wrote:
That would be a terrible business decision.
Wasn't for RV. Eli could do it, there's a fairly solid argument he's better outdoors.
5/9/2019 4:04am
sandman768 wrote:
Has Tomac been seriously injured racing SX ever? Only time I can think of that he missed an extended period of time was when Weimer (I think it was Weimer) moved over on him. I think he’ll be just fine.
Ranman68
5/10/2019 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2019 6:29pm
Ranman68
5/10/2019 6:30pm
Your bait stinks.
But accurate.
"Accurate" my ass. It's outright ignorant and way off. If you've watched motocross in recent years, you should know better. Don't be a moron. Step up.
gnarwhip
5/10/2019 7:28pm
Tomac has always been an outdoor guy. No one will be close to him this summer, just like last summer. He also knows 90% of motocross people would rather have an outdoor title than a supercross title. That’s why he’s happy.
Shaned9326
5/10/2019 7:32pm
He’s gonna hurt some feelings next weekend for sure!!

Post a reply to: Tomac happy

The Latest