Tomac had a great night.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2019 7:17 AM

Nothing crazy.

He got better as the night went on, took away a 3rd place and can come to Phoenix ready to build on it.

Maybe this is his year.

|

1/6/2019 7:23 AM

Yep. Obviously it was a bad night for him. Salvaging a podium was awesome.

|

1/6/2019 7:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2019 7:40 AM

I can see him having the red plate in the near future. He rode like a mature rider last night that knows what's at stake. It's what I was expecting out of him given the last couple of yrs..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/6/2019 7:28 AM

They better watch out for Tomac. With 3:30 left in the race he was 16.2 behind the leaders. When he crossed the checkers in 3rd, he was 4.8 behind the leaders. And that was coming through traffic.

|

So long as we are dirty, we are pure.

1/6/2019 7:30 AM

He seemed to be doing the same thing he was last summer outdoors. Just get into the flow of the race and then start clicking off laps and be blowing them away by the end.

|

1/6/2019 7:30 AM

ET's ride was one of my big surprises from A1. I did not expect that. I thought he would either throw it away charging or lay it up and finish around MM. Maybe he's turned a page with his early season SX struggles. If so, this could get boring real quick.

|

1/6/2019 7:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2019 7:33 AM

kb228 wrote:

Not really a bad night for him considering that was his best A-1 finish.

Last year He had 1 point, then zero points and one other race with one point.

I think last year he lost by 39 points, He just took 20 more than he started with in 2018

|

1/6/2019 7:38 AM

Solid lap times riding strong all the way to the end when he took the podium from Wilson. Photo

|

Classic start from Tomac but he was getting closer lap by lap and he was just a couple of seconds beind Barcia at the end. That is bad news for the rest of the guys.

|

KX125

kb228 wrote:

500guy wrote:

Not really a bad night for him considering that was his best A-1 finish.

Last year He had 1 point, then zero points and one other race with one point.

I think last year he lost by 39 points, He just took 20 more than he started with in 2018

For sure. I guess i was comparing him to a typical night where he goes from 10th to 1st with a 15 second lead.

But yea better than last year thats for sure.

|

1/6/2019 7:42 AM

I'm a Barcia fan first and I am quietly rooting for Kenny as well but Eli is going to be hard to beat over the course of this season. I would love to see any of those three get this title.

|

1/6/2019 7:54 AM

I couldn’t believe it when they said it was his first time on the podium at A1.

|

1/6/2019 7:59 AM

I've never seen him so happy for a third.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

1/6/2019 8:02 AM

HenryA wrote:

Classic start from Tomac but he was getting closer lap by lap and he was just a couple of seconds beind Barcia at the end. That is bad news for the rest of the guys.

Mike Alessi to the courtesy phone......there is call for Mike Alessi on the courtesy phone

|

1/6/2019 8:03 AM

EMARacing wrote:

They better watch out for Tomac. With 3:30 left in the race he was 16.2 behind the leaders. When he crossed the checkers in 3rd, he was 4.8 behind the leaders. And that was coming through traffic.

I was watching how much time he was making up on the broadcast from the leaderboard and was discouraged he wasn't getting any airtime at all. He picked up what, 3-4 spots along with Webb in the last 5 minutes of the main?

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

1/6/2019 8:04 AM

The championship will be a run away if he rides like that ...

|

1/6/2019 8:07 AM

EMARacing wrote:

blusmbl wrote:

I was watching how much time he was making up on the broadcast from the leaderboard and was discouraged he wasn't getting any airtime at all. He picked up what, 3-4 spots along with Webb in the last 5 minutes of the main?

It was frustrating they didn’t show him the last few laps, he was in late race Tomac mode and we didn’t get to see it.

|

So long as we are dirty, we are pure.

1/6/2019 8:07 AM

Cautious, patient, perfect damage control.

|

1/6/2019 8:25 AM

With the A1s mud track conditions it was a 20 lap test of patience and strength.

|

1/6/2019 8:35 AM

Tomacs fastest sector 1 time was on the last lap, i dont think he ever truely unleashed it the whole race if i had to guess

|

1/6/2019 8:37 AM

Tomac had a Dungey-like night. Salvage points without wadding up.

|

1/6/2019 8:52 AM

Highlight of the night was tomacs last 6 laps, full on assasin, he did great last night

|

1/6/2019 9:00 AM

He kept it in check and rode smart. He didn't light the wick until the last few laps. Looked good.

That takes nothing away from Barcia and Ken. Both look confident and happy also. This could be a great season!

|

2018 CRF250R

1/6/2019 9:30 AM

motogrady wrote:

Mike Alessi to the courtesy phone......there is call for Mike Alessi on the courtesy phone

Why?

|

1/6/2019 9:38 AM

HenryA wrote:

motogrady wrote:

uk125250 wrote:

Why?

I believe he’s alluding to how good of a starter Alesia is. Tomac could possibly learn from him.

|

Honda Rules!

1/6/2019 9:40 AM

If Tomac could get more hole shots, he’d practically be unbeatable.

|

Honda Rules!

1/6/2019 9:45 AM

Some guys don't really want the holeshot...

|

1/6/2019 9:46 AM

Eli was impressive, the sort of night he might have lost a lot of points in the last. Great damage limitation and great ride.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

1/6/2019 9:56 AM

Something to remember too is that Kenny and Barcia were probably holding back and pacing themselves to get to the finish. I think both of them just wanted to make it out of A1 healthy. I'm sure they really were not worried about Eli's last minute charge along with Webb considering it is basically impossible to make up that amount of time with the time left on the clock. On the other hand, I would think that they were very surprised to see Tomac make up that much time so quick. I also feel that Webb is still going to be slept on coming into Glendale, and if that is the case, a lot of people would be making a huge mistake by underestimating him now.

|

1/6/2019 9:58 AM

Nighttrain wrote:

Tomac had a Dungey-like night. Salvage points without wadding up.

That's how I saw it too, I'd say this has been discussed in length during the off season and will be a focal point for him this year. Guys that are so ragged edge have trouble dialing back even a notch though it means a more positive outcome sometimes, like JS (used to be #7).

Dungey was a guy that it seemingly came natural to, his awareness of his limits was crazy, seldomly making a wrong step, with some calling his style boring. The Dunge should consider racing on asphalt either two or four wheels cause he's all precision.

If ET3 can master this element he'll be unstoppable IMO.

|