Tomac depressed about Kawabunga not racing MXON?

BlueChip
8/11/2019 10:49pm
He'll be hunting and enjoying some time off I'd imagine he'd be the furthest away from depressed?
8/11/2019 11:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 11:02am
Lucifa. wrote:
I'm referring to him being Mr Inconsistent due to being on fire one day, then not the next race. The Vitards around here reckon he's the...
I'm referring to him being Mr Inconsistent due to being on fire one day, then not the next race.

The Vitards around here reckon he's the FMOTP.

Well there's a FMOTP thread about Kenny and it was only three weeks ago he got lapped one moto and nearly won the next. Guess he was just on it in that moto? Kenny said his bike setup was off but the Vital experts/Tomac haters claim bike set up can't make that much of a difference. Or does that rule only apply to Tomac? I just want to make sure I have the facts straight here.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
8/12/2019 1:01am
Eli Tomac watching MXoN, Colorado 2019, colorized

The Shop

8/12/2019 2:01am
mxb2 wrote:
Add a few other names to tomac that arent going by choice. Funny his name is the only one brought up.
You keep spewing this same statement again & again but won’t give any thought to the fact that Tomac is the biggest name NOT going. He’s USA’s hero.
Other riders not going arent their countries biggest stars.

That’s the difference.
robkinuk
8/12/2019 3:16am
Heard that after the Davi Millsaps lockergate affair, Kawasaki remodelled the interior of their semi truck to include a safe place, secure room, mood lighting etc, soft cuddly toys where their riders could retire to and re-group after days like Unadilla!🤔😉😂😂
Mr. Afterbar
8/12/2019 3:35am
You keep spewing this same statement again & again but won’t give any thought to the fact that Tomac is the biggest name NOT going. He’s...
You keep spewing this same statement again & again but won’t give any thought to the fact that Tomac is the biggest name NOT going. He’s USA’s hero.

That’s the difference.
Roczen isn’t Germany’s biggest star? Who is? Ferrandis isn’t France’s biggest star 250 rider? Who is? Musquin is right up there with Febvre, bigger star than Pailin. Nice try.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
8/12/2019 5:06am
langhammx wrote:
So he’s NOT on another level, or .......? Laughing

Where is the Tomac fan club now ??

Roczen is on his game today !!!
Tomac just managing his title. Roczen never had a chance.
mxb2
8/12/2019 5:10am
You keep spewing this same statement again & again but won’t give any thought to the fact that Tomac is the biggest name NOT going. He’s...

That’s the difference.
Roczen isn’t Germany’s biggest star? Who is? Ferrandis isn’t France’s biggest star 250 rider? Who is? Musquin is right up there with Febvre, bigger star than...
Roczen isn’t Germany’s biggest star? Who is? Ferrandis isn’t France’s biggest star 250 rider? Who is? Musquin is right up there with Febvre, bigger star than Pailin. Nice try.
Bingo. Thank you. You get my point.
deluxeman
8/12/2019 5:32am
Simple fact, Tomac is just not into MXoN and this year is just another excuse. Personally, I'm glad he's not going because I want people on...
Simple fact, Tomac is just not into MXoN and this year is just another excuse. Personally, I'm glad he's not going because I want people on this team who want to be there. For all those people who say it doesn't matter they are full of it. Win on this team and you are legendary, not going and you are a villain. The optics of it don't sell jerseys or gain him endorsement when his career ends basically. These guys don't understand the long term impact of what fandom can do for a career in motocross.
Once you get your ass handed to you on home soil it probably makes the event a whole lot less appealing.
mxb2
8/12/2019 5:41am
Simple fact, Tomac is just not into MXoN and this year is just another excuse. Personally, I'm glad he's not going because I want people on...
Simple fact, Tomac is just not into MXoN and this year is just another excuse. Personally, I'm glad he's not going because I want people on this team who want to be there. For all those people who say it doesn't matter they are full of it. Win on this team and you are legendary, not going and you are a villain. The optics of it don't sell jerseys or gain him endorsement when his career ends basically. These guys don't understand the long term impact of what fandom can do for a career in motocross.
deluxeman wrote:
Once you get your ass handed to you on home soil it probably makes the event a whole lot less appealing.
Tomac got 4th overall. You know that right?
Crush
8/12/2019 8:07am
Isn’t it better to take a 4th or whatever and not risk the title if for whatever reason you’re not feeling it?

He’s likely gonna win his 3rd straight 450 title, that’s pretty fuckin consistent.
Rab
8/12/2019 8:27am
lostboy819 wrote:
I am waiting for the Vitards who will says its because the 2019 is a whole new bike and its not dialed in yet. Cool
I like how when Eli has an off day everyone and their moms come on here to post “IS ELI’S TOWEL WHITE?, DID HE NOT HAVE A GOOD BREAKFAST?” I don’t see Eli making any excuses, people on vital make them for him. Come on now
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
8/12/2019 8:36am
Tomac went 7-3 for a 4th overall. For an "off" day that is amazing. It's like RC always says, you win your titles on your off days. That is what Tomac is doing.

You guys saying something is wrong with Tomac because he got a 4th are ridiculous.

stop making these dumb posts already.
8/12/2019 8:39am
kpiper wrote:
You have to admit Eli's first moto was puzzling, to say the least. Could see a third or even fourth but dropping all the way to...
You have to admit Eli's first moto was puzzling, to say the least. Could see a third or even fourth but dropping all the way to 7th? It even looked like Joey did 'not' want to pass him but finally just had to go by.

Second moto was ok although he still did not look real comfortable.

Is it just me or does ET not do as well after a week off??? I feel bad for him. He just added a little stress to his week (and next race) that should not have been. But it was self-induced so guess you can't really feel bad for him.

I'm not gonna feel bad for him because I doubt he's sweating any of this. He's got his biggest points lead of the last 3 seasons heading into Budds. He rides well there and most likely will win. Weather is showing it hot and muggy like Budds usually is so Ken will probably fade if he stays true to form
hamncheeze
8/12/2019 8:44am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Tomac went 7-3 for a 4th overall. For an "off" day that is amazing. It's like RC always says, you win your titles on your off...
Tomac went 7-3 for a 4th overall. For an "off" day that is amazing. It's like RC always says, you win your titles on your off days. That is what Tomac is doing.

You guys saying something is wrong with Tomac because he got a 4th are ridiculous.

I agree, however remind me of the number of motos where RC got the hole shot and slid back to 7th without a crash? I can't really think of any, especially in the premiere class. That is why the 7-3 looks so bad and why people freak out on Tomac's performances. Last time he was on the track he was beyond untouchable, then drops that 7th. It's just weird.

However, this thread does highlight the corner Tomac is painted into by the fans. If he wins, well it's expected and no big deal. If he gets beat, then everyone hates on him. Unfortunately Eli's "highs" have been incredible, like the first 5 motos of outdoors in 2015, or the run he had in March/April 2017 in Supercross. Those performances have set the bar so high, it's impossible for him to consistently live up to them.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
8/12/2019 8:50am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Tomac went 7-3 for a 4th overall. For an "off" day that is amazing. It's like RC always says, you win your titles on your off...

hamncheeze wrote:
I agree, however remind me of the number of motos where RC got the hole shot and slid back to 7th without a crash? I can't...
I agree, however remind me of the number of motos where RC got the hole shot and slid back to 7th without a crash? I can't really think of any, especially in the premiere class. That is why the 7-3 looks so bad and why people freak out on Tomac's performances. Last time he was on the track he was beyond untouchable, then drops that 7th. It's just weird.

However, this thread does highlight the corner Tomac is painted into by the fans. If he wins, well it's expected and no big deal. If he gets beat, then everyone hates on him. Unfortunately Eli's "highs" have been incredible, like the first 5 motos of outdoors in 2015, or the run he had in March/April 2017 in Supercross. Those performances have set the bar so high, it's impossible for him to consistently live up to them.
i can agree with that statement. But really, all it that happened was he got a great holeshot, but when it came to racing he was having an off day. Think of how many people you've seen pull a great start, but they don't have it after that(mike Alessi comes to my mind lol).

And you are completely right there, it's a lose lose for him. When he wins nobody is saying great job, just another day, but dang if he doesn't podium people act like he is pathetic or something. That is tough.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
8/12/2019 9:13am
Eli Tomac 2019 mx champ...
Crush
8/12/2019 9:28am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 9:29am
hamncheeze wrote:
I agree, however remind me of the number of motos where RC got the hole shot and slid back to 7th without a crash? I can't...

I think this every time Matthes brings up he’s like James etc for wins. Eli got his big fuck off injury and since we’ve seen more “not feeling it back it down days... ” the other guys didn’t do that. And they didn’t win three straight.

Sx is different but realistically it wasn’t just him there either. It’s just his occasional speed advantage that makes everyone believe he should win every round going away. Hard to use RC as the stick. It’s short but girthy, that chode, too hard an argument to pose.
Ranman68
8/12/2019 9:40am
The double standards and unjustified hate onTomac is due to Tomac Derangement Syndrom.
teamddr
8/12/2019 9:41am
Eli Tomac watching MXoN, Colorado 2019, colorized [img]https://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/94EQmVHkveNck/giphy.gif[/img]
Eli Tomac watching MXoN, Colorado 2019, colorized

Lol
Who wants to go through all the sand when you can win a million at home right.
https://m. https://youtu.be/VVxYOQS6ggk
8/12/2019 9:44am
Tomac will most likely go 1-1 at Budds if it doesn't rain, he does well there.

Depends on which Roczen shows up....
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/12/2019 10:02am
zehn wrote:
Bobby why did you delete the thread you made last night about the positions Tomac auctioned away
He didn't.
BobbyM
8/12/2019 10:03am
zehn wrote:
Bobby why did you delete the thread you made last night about the positions Tomac auctioned away
No deletion from me here.
huck
8/12/2019 10:08am
BobbyM was also a diehard Alessi fan... so that says all we need to know about that guy.
GIwasB4
8/12/2019 10:22am
huck wrote:
BobbyM was also a diehard Alessi fan... so that says all we need to know about that guy.
Bobby Myersdork has more moto in 1 leg than all you do in 2
Lucifa.
8/12/2019 1:45pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I'm referring to him being Mr Inconsistent due to being on fire one day, then not the next race. The Vitards around here reckon he's the...
I'm referring to him being Mr Inconsistent due to being on fire one day, then not the next race.

Well there's a FMOTP thread about Kenny and it was only three weeks ago he got lapped one moto and nearly won the next. Guess he...
Well there's a FMOTP thread about Kenny and it was only three weeks ago he got lapped one moto and nearly won the next. Guess he was just on it in that moto? Kenny said his bike setup was off but the Vital experts/Tomac haters claim bike set up can't make that much of a difference. Or does that rule only apply to Tomac? I just want to make sure I have the facts straight here.
Calling Kenny FMOTP is just wrong as well IMO.

There's only one FMOTP until the next MXON and thats Coldenhoff. We shall see after that.
mxb2
8/12/2019 8:48pm
Lucifa. wrote:

Well there's a FMOTP thread about Kenny and it was only three weeks ago he got lapped one moto and nearly won the next. Guess he...
Lucifa. wrote:
Calling Kenny FMOTP is just wrong as well IMO.

There's only one FMOTP until the next MXON and thats Coldenhoff. We shall see after that.
Yep
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
8/13/2019 10:14am
Lucifa. wrote:
So is Mr Inconsistent still the FMOTP or is that only reserved for "Beast mode". days?
Funny you say Mr. Inconsistent but yet over the past few years of all the guys who are capable of winning races he has been the...
Funny you say Mr. Inconsistent but yet over the past few years of all the guys who are capable of winning races he has been the most consistent guy on either side of the pond and I don't think you can question it. Pretty much everyone else has missed multiple races at a time due to injury, I believe the only one who hasn't is Musquin who has only beat Tomac in one series (2018 SX) since moving to the 450 class so I don't really think you can make the case that he is more consistent.
Lucifa. wrote:

Call me crazy, but i don't know how a person can call him Mr Inconsistent lol.

Here are is finishes thus far in 2019 mx.

So his worst was that 4th. Would you only consider him consistent if he finished 1 every race?

Post a reply to: Tomac depressed about Kawabunga not racing MXON?

The Latest