Tomac could have been dirty if he wanted.

suprtrukr425
Yes, he took Dungey high...3 times, but he only slowed him. Do you honestly think if he wanted to, he couldn't have made Dungey get a taste of that LV soil? He did what he had to and no matter what anyone here says, you would have done the same in that situation.
|
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
5/7/2017 1:34am
Yep, could have put him in the cheap seats. Never did. You know, the game he played was the only card he had, Dungey, has not finished worse than 4th all year......he had to try to make something happen. Congrats to all...I'm ready for some outdoors!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/7/2017 1:46am
Because Anderson would have punted him if he did. Wink
Rowlands
5/7/2017 1:49am
Well played by Eli didn't get to carried away with it but pushed his limits just enough. Dungey was very well composed to put up with that pressure and deserves the title this season.

Great race !
suprtrukr425
5/7/2017 1:50am
lostboy819 wrote:
Yeah, because he didn't try to get a wheel in there before he "let Brock bye", right? Only thing he did was save Dungey from Reed, then got a lucky break.

The Shop

5/7/2017 3:29am
Tomac could have won the title.... 3 times he could have done what Oz did to Savatgy. But he did not. Taking the line away and even forcing someone off the track is not dirty when a title is at stake. Oz....THAT was dirty.
bd
5/7/2017 3:36am
lostboy819 wrote:
This. I agree 110%.....

JA21 is Dunge's Sammy Gravano. JA21 destroyed Reedy and did the same two laps later to JG33. He wanted to be third just in case Dunge needed him. Reed would of won that race..... he was on the gas and had Reedy caught Dungey it add a big dynamic to title fight.
bd
5/7/2017 3:37am
Rowlands wrote:
Well played by Eli didn't get to carried away with it but pushed his limits just enough. Dungey was very well composed to put up with...
Well played by Eli didn't get to carried away with it but pushed his limits just enough. Dungey was very well composed to put up with that pressure and deserves the title this season.

Great race !
A fan that gets it.
5/7/2017 4:56am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 5:02am
Live in Europe so just saw the race. What brilliant strategy and ride by ET. Really phenomenal.

Too bad his behavior with RD destroys that image. Letting someone pass you so that you can "target" them and take them out is as low as you can go. The first two attempts were designed to put RD on the ground or out of the race. The last one was childish.

Some will say "that is racing" and in fact it is. The problem is that it isn't good racing. It just creates a spectacle. To prove the point, next time I do a running race I'll put my shoulder into my competitors and run them wide. If they trip I'll just say that's racing and some will agree. It's unfortunate that people like this are on the grid.

What ET needed to do was win and let bad luck find RD. This is something he could have easily done (and was actually doing by stacking them up). That would have been a massive statement to everybody that he controlled their fortunes. Instead, he looks like a clown, he has previously complained about others tactics but in the end is no better.

Ultimately he failed to win the race, take RD out, win a championship, and prove that he is the best: skill and/ or character wise. Pathetic.
Crush
5/7/2017 5:02am
He should have waited on that second one and fucking punted the shit out of him.
5/7/2017 5:10am
Crush wrote:
He should have waited on that second one and fucking punted the shit out of him.
agree!!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
5/7/2017 7:56am
Crush wrote:
Bingo. I like Dunge....but it's for a title, I wouldn't have been mad at him. Wink
5/7/2017 8:06am
Tomac really wasn't that dirty. If you honestly think that was over the top dirty youre crazy. It's motocross not golf. Riding dirty is part of the sport. Stop being such babies about it. It's not like it was A1 or something it was round 17 in vegas going for a championship.
5/7/2017 8:08am
Live in Europe so just saw the race. What brilliant strategy and ride by ET. Really phenomenal. Too bad his behavior with RD destroys that image...
Live in Europe so just saw the race. What brilliant strategy and ride by ET. Really phenomenal.

Too bad his behavior with RD destroys that image. Letting someone pass you so that you can "target" them and take them out is as low as you can go. The first two attempts were designed to put RD on the ground or out of the race. The last one was childish.

Some will say "that is racing" and in fact it is. The problem is that it isn't good racing. It just creates a spectacle. To prove the point, next time I do a running race I'll put my shoulder into my competitors and run them wide. If they trip I'll just say that's racing and some will agree. It's unfortunate that people like this are on the grid.

What ET needed to do was win and let bad luck find RD. This is something he could have easily done (and was actually doing by stacking them up). That would have been a massive statement to everybody that he controlled their fortunes. Instead, he looks like a clown, he has previously complained about others tactics but in the end is no better.

Ultimately he failed to win the race, take RD out, win a championship, and prove that he is the best: skill and/ or character wise. Pathetic.
EXACTLY...anything with Dungey automatically turns bad and hate towards whatever rider did it. I bet if Tomac did that to someone other then Dungey everyone would be loving it.
Excaliburbmx
5/7/2017 8:08am
Live in Europe so just saw the race. What brilliant strategy and ride by ET. Really phenomenal. Too bad his behavior with RD destroys that image...

Ace doucheter this isnt a running race. Watch the 250 main last lap That's what he could have done.
FolkLoar
5/7/2017 8:12am

Ace doucheter this isnt a running race. Watch the 250 main last lap That's what he could have done.
Get real.. Tomac tried everything he could to put Dungey in the dirt. Difference was Dungey was ready for it, Joey was not.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/7/2017 8:40am
Tomac didn't even win the race, much less the championship. That's some strategy!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
5/7/2017 8:43am
Either way, I finally feel like I got my money's worth out of a pro race. Both classes had action!
Bultaco
5/7/2017 8:49am
disbanded wrote:
Tomac didn't even win the race, much less the championship. That's some strategy!
This!

5/7/2017 8:52am
Actually, after ETs first attempt, that is what RD could have done. He didn't. It is also what Anderson could have done if the conditions had been right. They weren't and he didn't.

Aren't the 250s generally teenagers? If you are justifying this by saying pro 450 riders should act like teenagers that says a lot.
5/7/2017 9:03am
EXACTLY...anything with Dungey automatically turns bad and hate towards whatever rider did it. I bet if Tomac did that to someone other then Dungey everyone would...
EXACTLY...anything with Dungey automatically turns bad and hate towards whatever rider did it. I bet if Tomac did that to someone other then Dungey everyone would be loving it.
I don't think that as I have always been impressed with his talent and speed. ET was brilliant up until he started doing the things he has criticized others of doing. He had the chance to be great but instead lost the race, lost the championship, didn't put RD out, and is now a clown who doesn't look very smart. At least Reed has championships to hide his stupidity with. ET just has a sad face because he was almost a champion.
nytsmaC
5/7/2017 9:11am
No they're not teenagers.

There's a million + $$$ riding on the championship. Eli should have done everything in his power to stop Dungey, short of injuring him. It looked to me like he stayed on the right side of that line. Great effort by Eli and great defence by Dungey.

I guarantee his bosses told him what they expected of him. Cruising to an easy win with Dungey taking 2nd or 3rd would not have gone over well, he was hired to win championships. Good grief, they're not racing for a plastic trophy.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/7/2017 9:24am
nytsmaC wrote:
No they're not teenagers. There's a million + $$$ riding on the championship. Eli should have done everything in his power to stop Dungey, short of...

There's a million + $$$ riding on the championship. Eli should have done everything in his power to stop Dungey, short of injuring him. It looked to me like he stayed on the right side of that line. Great effort by Eli and great defence by Dungey.

I guarantee his bosses told him what they expected of him. Cruising to an easy win with Dungey taking 2nd or 3rd would not have gone over well, he was hired to win championships. Good grief, they're not racing for a plastic trophy.
This and this.
5/7/2017 9:29am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 9:30am
Tomac really wasn't that dirty. If you honestly think that was over the top dirty youre crazy. It's motocross not golf. Riding dirty is part of...
Tomac really wasn't that dirty. If you honestly think that was over the top dirty youre crazy. It's motocross not golf. Riding dirty is part of the sport. Stop being such babies about it. It's not like it was A1 or something it was round 17 in vegas going for a championship.
That's true and nobody is asking for golf. How boring was Schwartz vs Rainey, Lawson vs Gardner, Mamola vs whoever. Yawn fests I guess. Schwartz, Mamola, and Gardner could have won more championships by taking out their competition since it's racing after all. Maybe someone should teach these techniques to Rossi. I guess he isn't really racing either.

Let's make it real, if taking people out isn't dirty, maybe they should be given a hand gun with bean bags and told they could only use it while in the air. Since it would be considered "aerial combat" they would also be gentlemen as well. Sounds more fun and it could be argued that it's still racing.

In the end you want to beat them. Pushing them off the track or knocking them down doesn't prove you could beat them.
tickleme20
5/7/2017 9:31am
disbanded wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughing
5/7/2017 9:32am
nytsmaC wrote:
No they're not teenagers. There's a million + $$$ riding on the championship. Eli should have done everything in his power to stop Dungey, short of...

Putting your competitor off the track or in the dirt means you are willing to hurt them.
TDeath21
5/7/2017 9:36am
You could argue that it did work. Dungey cut the track and definitely gained an advantage. By the letter of the law, he could be docked two positions.
nytsmaC
5/7/2017 9:37am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 9:38am
Tomac really wasn't that dirty. If you honestly think that was over the top dirty youre crazy. It's motocross not golf. Riding dirty is part of...
That's true and nobody is asking for golf. How boring was Schwartz vs Rainey, Lawson vs Gardner, Mamola vs whoever. Yawn fests I guess. Schwartz, Mamola...
That's true and nobody is asking for golf. How boring was Schwartz vs Rainey, Lawson vs Gardner, Mamola vs whoever. Yawn fests I guess. Schwartz, Mamola, and Gardner could have won more championships by taking out their competition since it's racing after all. Maybe someone should teach these techniques to Rossi. I guess he isn't really racing either.

Let's make it real, if taking people out isn't dirty, maybe they should be given a hand gun with bean bags and told they could only use it while in the air. Since it would be considered "aerial combat" they would also be gentlemen as well. Sounds more fun and it could be argued that it's still racing.

In the end you want to beat them. Pushing them off the track or knocking them down doesn't prove you could beat them.
In the end, you want to make money.
This is a job and these guys are getting paid very handsomly. In the end their job description is to win the championship.

A championship pays Eli a lot more than a win bonus. What's so hard to understand about this? It's a business.
nytsmaC
5/7/2017 9:39am
Putting your competitor off the track or in the dirt means you are willing to hurt them.
Are you serious?
5/7/2017 9:40am
TDeath21 wrote:
You could argue that it did work. Dungey cut the track and definitely gained an advantage. By the letter of the law, he could be docked...
You could argue that it did work. Dungey cut the track and definitely gained an advantage. By the letter of the law, he could be docked two positions.
RD was pushed off the track. I think the rules probably state he needs to safely get back on without an advantage. Didn't that happen?

Post a reply to: Tomac could have been dirty if he wanted.

The Latest