Tomac and that Kawasaki

8/31/2020 3:25pm
Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his competition? Just a thought, obviously there isn’t one correct way to ride but the way Eli does sure seems to work pretty well.

I tend to think the amount of races he’s finished, on top of the fact that many bikes failed in the mud at Loretta’s would speak for itself that sometimes shit just happens.
kpiper
8/31/2020 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2020 8:24am
Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his competition? Just...
Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his competition? Just a thought, obviously there isn’t one correct way to ride but the way Eli does sure seems to work pretty well.

I tend to think the amount of races he’s finished, on top of the fact that many bikes failed in the mud at Loretta’s would speak for itself that sometimes shit just happens.
I agree. I don't think anything he has done anything to the bike has cost him a championship in the past due to mechanical DNF.

He is very entertaining to watch ride though so hope he does not change that.
8/31/2020 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2020 5:18pm
Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his competition? Just...

At this point in his career, I would surmise that his competitive mode splits the difference of a Stew and a Dungey, which is not at all surprising, because that's about where he sits on the historical points tower.
8/31/2020 5:16pm
There was talk up thread about Eli possibly running a 3-speed. Is the reason that's kind of an unknown is because it's not exactly legal per the rulebook?

The Shop

8/31/2020 5:32pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Everyone has a plan until your punched in the face! When Tomac is back in the pack (punched in the face).....his plan goes out the window...
Everyone has a plan until your punched in the face!

When Tomac is back in the pack (punched in the face).....his plan goes out the window! He rides with abandon and abuse. I wish I could abuse a 450 like that guy!
Shaq shot 80%+ on free throws in practice.
Wiff3
8/31/2020 7:30pm
Eli should definitely read this thread carefully so he can finally learn how to ride. Apparently, he's been doing it wrong all.............this............................................ time.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................What the actual hell is wrong with this place?
captmoto
8/31/2020 9:51pm
Momus wrote:
Bronze plates get used in some applications but with metal to metal the risk of nasty particles going through is a big factor.
Especially since the oil is not separated between trans and crankcase.
Keith72
9/1/2020 7:53am
Wiff3 wrote:
Eli should definitely read this thread carefully so he can finally learn how to ride. Apparently, he's been doing it wrong all.............this............................................ time.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................What the actual hell...
Eli should definitely read this thread carefully so he can finally learn how to ride. Apparently, he's been doing it wrong all.............this............................................ time.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................What the actual hell is wrong with this place?
Too many team managers and factory mechanics in here. That's what the hell is wrong with this place.
kpiper
9/1/2020 8:27am
They actually asked Eli about this...somewhat, yesterday on the zoom call.

He said the smoke we saw last Saturday is 'nothing' to worry about.

And that in the second moto at LL he had no warning, the bike just all of a sudden stopped. First moto he felt it slowing three laps before it let go.
Adam43
9/1/2020 8:44am
There was talk up thread about Eli possibly running a 3-speed. Is the reason that's kind of an unknown is because it's not exactly legal per...
There was talk up thread about Eli possibly running a 3-speed. Is the reason that's kind of an unknown is because it's not exactly legal per the rulebook?
You are allowed to run different ratios but must have the same amount of gears as stock. Gears can be blocked off to create 3 or 4 speed transmissions and has been done many times over the years.

Who knows when the last time the AMA split some cases to check compliance.
Mr. Afterbar
9/1/2020 9:04am
Anyone who has a Kawi knows how crazy hot they run. I off road mine sometimes, so I have a fan, a high pressure cap, and...
Anyone who has a Kawi knows how crazy hot they run. I off road mine sometimes, so I have a fan, a high pressure cap, and run water (with wetter) which is the BEST coolant...and the thing still scares me with how hot it runs. If I knew it was a mud race, I would put in thicker oil so that it still had decent viscosity when the motor overheats. I bet the oil just got too thin...and that was all she wrote.
I’ve been on Kawasaki for 8 years and have had zero issues with overheating in all conditions.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/1/2020 10:17am
kpiper wrote:
Ok, GuyB...you go to all the races. Does Tomac abuse his clutch more than other riders at that level? I realize some riders like Kenny probably...
Ok, GuyB...you go to all the races. Does Tomac abuse his clutch more than other riders at that level?

I realize some riders like Kenny probably don't...but is there a noticeable difference in riders when you see them every race?
Let's just say...he gets occasional reminders like this...

FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
1/22/2022 10:02pm
So, it appears maybe Tomac wasn't the problem....

Kinda new spin on Team Fried also......

RalphS
1/22/2022 10:04pm
FGR01 wrote:

I just got popcorns
1/22/2022 10:07pm
FGR01 wrote:

How do you dig up an old thread so quick when the search function is garbage?
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
1/22/2022 10:09pm
Mouse finger quicker than the life expectancy of a visor on a Lawrence Brother helmet.
Pop Shmoke
1/22/2022 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2022 10:11pm
Cant lie Kawi looks like absolute shit right now. Anderson is clearly going for the win and the bike shits the bed… on only the 3rd race on the new bike. What is it amateur hour over there? Ando would have the red plate right now. Eli must have been laughing as he went by that smoking pos.
Bacon_n_Egg'r
Fantasy
1816th
1/22/2022 10:46pm
FGR01 wrote:
Mouse finger quicker than the life expectancy of a visor on a Lawrence Brother helmet.
This made me spit my post-race beer Grinning
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
1/22/2022 10:47pm
That bike needs more oil it seems or rider that never uses the clutch. This better be a one off incident caused by some collision damage, because if it keeps happening. Oh boy, the keyboard warriors are gonna be all over it.
Pop Shmoke
1/22/2022 10:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2022 10:51pm
Makes me think of the massive oil coolers that both eli and febvre were running in outdoors. They were talked about as being “trick” accessories, but now in hindsight it looks like compensating for a massive r&d problem.
1/23/2022 1:16am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2022 1:19am
Leeham wrote:
That bike needs more oil it seems or rider that never uses the clutch. This better be a one off incident caused by some collision damage...
That bike needs more oil it seems or rider that never uses the clutch. This better be a one off incident caused by some collision damage, because if it keeps happening. Oh boy, the keyboard warriors are gonna be all over it.
it wasnt the clutch , but cooler cap problem

speedwise Anderson beats Tomac these days , who expected that to happen with both switching brands
Moto24
1/23/2022 6:00am
Mugeneco wrote:
it wasnt the clutch , but cooler cap problem

speedwise Anderson beats Tomac these days , who expected that to happen with both switching brands
Anderson has been faster so far, but Tomac is coming on.

Post a reply to: Tomac and that Kawasaki

The Latest