Tomac and that Kawasaki

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2020 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2020 2:24 PM

kpiper wrote:

Ok, GuyB...you go to all the races. Does Tomac abuse his clutch more than other riders at that level?

I realize some riders ...more

I’ll answer for Steve.....yes!

Also, Tomacs motor is not detuned to ride like a 350. That bike barks hard.

|

8/31/2020 3:25 PM

Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his competition? Just a thought, obviously there isn’t one correct way to ride but the way Eli does sure seems to work pretty well.

I tend to think the amount of races he’s finished, on top of the fact that many bikes failed in the mud at Loretta’s would speak for itself that sometimes shit just happens.

|

8/31/2020 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2020 8:24 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his ...more

I agree. I don't think anything he has done anything to the bike has cost him a championship in the past due to mechanical DNF.

He is very entertaining to watch ride though so hope he does not change that.

|

8/31/2020 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2020 5:18 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Maybe there’s a correlation between the way Eli rides the bike and the amount of race wins and titles he has compared to his ...more

At this point in his career, I would surmise that his competitive mode splits the difference of a Stew and a Dungey, which is not at all surprising, because that's about where he sits on the historical points tower.

|

8/31/2020 5:16 PM

There was talk up thread about Eli possibly running a 3-speed. Is the reason that's kind of an unknown is because it's not exactly legal per the rulebook?

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

8/31/2020 5:32 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Everyone has a plan until your punched in the face!

When Tomac is back in the pack (punched in the face).....his plan goes ...more

Shaq shot 80%+ on free throws in practice.

|

8/31/2020 7:30 PM

Eli should definitely read this thread carefully so he can finally learn how to ride. Apparently, he's been doing it wrong all.............this............................................ time.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................What the actual hell is wrong with this place?

|

8/31/2020 9:51 PM

Momus wrote:

Bronze plates get used in some applications but with metal to metal the risk of nasty particles going through is a big factor. ...more

Especially since the oil is not separated between trans and crankcase.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/1/2020 7:53 AM

Wiff3 wrote:

Eli should definitely read this thread carefully so he can finally learn how to ride. Apparently, he's been doing it wrong ...more

Too many team managers and factory mechanics in here. That's what the hell is wrong with this place.

|

No brains, No headaches.

9/1/2020 8:27 AM

They actually asked Eli about this...somewhat, yesterday on the zoom call.

He said the smoke we saw last Saturday is 'nothing' to worry about.

And that in the second moto at LL he had no warning, the bike just all of a sudden stopped. First moto he felt it slowing three laps before it let go.

|

9/1/2020 8:44 AM

queen of spodes wrote:

There was talk up thread about Eli possibly running a 3-speed. Is the reason that's kind of an unknown is because it's not ...more

You are allowed to run different ratios but must have the same amount of gears as stock. Gears can be blocked off to create 3 or 4 speed transmissions and has been done many times over the years.

Who knows when the last time the AMA split some cases to check compliance.

|

9/1/2020 9:04 AM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Anyone who has a Kawi knows how crazy hot they run. I off road mine sometimes, so I have a fan, a high pressure cap, and run ...more

I’ve been on Kawasaki for 8 years and have had zero issues with overheating in all conditions.

|

9/1/2020 10:17 AM

kpiper wrote:

Ok, GuyB...you go to all the races. Does Tomac abuse his clutch more than other riders at that level?

I realize some riders ...more

Let's just say...he gets occasional reminders like this...

Photo

|