Tomac and that Kawasaki

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2020 3:30 PM

So, wonder how the vibe and the conversation was back in the Kawi truck after the 2nd moto.

|

Powerband in every gear !

8/22/2020 3:34 PM

FGR01 wrote:

So, wonder how the vibe and the conversation was back in the Kawi truck after the 2nd moto.

Well, you can always call in to the show tomorrow and ask Steve?
grin

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/22/2020 3:35 PM

Congrats to AC on his 2nd overall!

|

8/22/2020 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2020 3:50 PM

Electric malfunction JK

|

8/22/2020 3:44 PM

I don't keep up with bikes as much as I used to, but Savatgy had a bunch of problems last year.

Could he be experiencing whatever those were?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/22/2020 3:46 PM

Could put a fair compilation together of tomacs mechanicals with the kx

|

8/22/2020 3:47 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't keep up with bikes as much as I used to, but Savatgy had a bunch of problems last year.

Could he be experiencing whatever those were?

They also brought this new model machine to MXdN and had the same thing happen in soft conditions.....

|

8/22/2020 3:48 PM

Well there's the problem lol Photo

|

8/22/2020 3:50 PM

No 4 peat that is for sure. We will have a new first time 450 champ when this is over

|

8/22/2020 3:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2020 3:51 PM

Tomac doesn't have a long history of DNF's in the mud but now that I think of it the few he has had have come on that generation of bike. 2018 Red Bud MXdN and now today. Although in all fairness the bike made it through both motos at Millville last year as well as the San Diego SX, but I realize a SX main is much different than 30 + 2 in the heat.

I'm not sure if all the fault can be placed on him and his riding but it seems it certainly played a factor today.

|

8/22/2020 3:56 PM

and yet one of the largest threads on this form is for how people love the 19+ kx450

|

8/22/2020 3:57 PM

|

8/22/2020 3:59 PM

neysbo wrote:

No 4 peat that is for sure. We will have a new first time 450 champ when this is over

Never say never, if it happened to Tomac it can happen to anyone, Zacho almost didn't qualify! It ain't over till it's over

|

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

8/22/2020 4:00 PM

Double mechanical DNFs, a 40 point hole to the leader in a shortened 9 round series, no indication yet that you are the dominant rider on speed. Not a good situation right now for Tomac. Might still be able to pull it off, but he better start taking a bite out of that points gap next race.

|

8/22/2020 4:08 PM

A lot of bikes didn’t survive today. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/22/2020 4:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2020 4:42 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

and yet one of the largest threads on this form is for how people love the 19+ kx450

You think any one on here push’s the bike as hard as any of top pros?

|

8/22/2020 4:21 PM

It was nice weather today at Washougal. 🤫

|

8/22/2020 4:37 PM

Eli has been known to be extremely hard on the clutch even on a dry racetrack.

Did he burn up the clutch in both motos? Who knows, but I noticed that as he was pushing his bike off at the end of the first moto, the bike appeared to be running.

what would allow the motor to run but not drive the bike forward?

|

8/22/2020 4:57 PM

Brent wrote:

Did he burn up the clutch in both motos? Who knows, but I noticed that as he was pushing his bike off at the end of the first moto, the bike appeared to be running.

He went from 40th to 8th in 10 minutes, stayed in 8th for another 15 minutes and then the bike fails, again.

What a shame. So many dnfs from that team I was honestly surprised to see him re-sign with them when he did.

|

8/22/2020 5:06 PM

History says four in a row is nearly impossible. No one but RC4 has ever done it.

But that bike should have been able to finish one moto. It was smoking after just ten minutes in the 2nd moto . That is nuts.

You could tell he started backing off, trying to save the bike when he got up to 6th or 7th. That must be a lousy feeling too. So you have a bike you can't even ride hard?

I was hoping to see him charge like a madman the whole moto!

|

8/22/2020 5:08 PM

Oh, and how things go in life...he could have easily gone 1-1 today in Washougal.

|

8/22/2020 5:19 PM

Brent wrote:

I wondered that myself, more than likely we won’t find out. One DNF would have made the title interesting. Two makes it very very difficult.

|

8/22/2020 5:20 PM

You mean the bike he’s won 3 MX and 1 SX title on? It’s racing and racing in the mud in this case. Stuff happens.

|

8/22/2020 5:30 PM

I really don’t think this has to be over analyzed. Track condition were tough on all the bikes today. It’s no secret tomac is tough on the clutch. Moto 2 he probably went a little too hard during his charge from the first lap crash . I don’t think it’s a kawi thing, or tomac thing. He could easily win next weekend and I don’t think he is completely out of this title yet...

|

8/22/2020 5:37 PM

His bike was popping and spitting fire out of the exhaust with no drive at all.

|

8/22/2020 5:38 PM

280driver wrote:

You mean the bike he’s won 3 MX and 1 SX title on? It’s racing and racing in the mud in this case. Stuff happens.

No. New bike. Like saying “you mean the bike JS7 went 24-0 on?”

|

8/22/2020 5:56 PM

Yes, he now has a 2013-style deficit to make up. He might be able to do it if he gets 'angry.'

|

8/22/2020 6:22 PM

Mud races are part of motocross but often not a true indication of a riders speed. Plus..unexpected shit happens in mud races and Eli got a double shit burger today which will likely cost him this years championship in a shortened season. I feel bad for the dude. I can't say that I wan't a couple of mud races to have such a massive impact on the series

|

8/22/2020 6:22 PM

Tomac has notoriously been very hard on clutches. Whether that was the final issue or not is a bit of an unknown, but somewhere to start. Bummer for sure, but mudders create that sort of chaos.

|

8/22/2020 6:24 PM

Elbows wrote:

A lot of bikes didn’t survive today. Photo
Photo
Photo

Yea but 2nd moto bikes weren’t under as much stress and it still let go...

|