Tomac and working on the ranch fencing

8/23/2019 6:07am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 7:44am
If you own or work a ranch with cattle and you have Eli’s money and responsibilities, why not have a powered auger and/or post driver? One...
If you own or work a ranch with cattle and you have Eli’s money and responsibilities, why not have a powered auger and/or post driver? One can buy a gas powered T post driver for $300 shipped to your door, and drastically reduce fatigue, and increase productivity. Maybe he’ll buy one now with that championship bonus money.
oldblood wrote:
Have you ever driven a t-post
I own and live and work on a 27,000 acre ranch in New Mexico. I have 80 miles of fences and we use a driver mounted on a skid steer to pound T-posts and a drill for corner braces. We can do about 3 miles of posts a day if nothing breaks.

Having said all that... I know the Tomacs have a vineyard and for all I know they didn't want a skid steer ripping up the ground in there. Plus, in our country you can't get a skid steer down the rocky mesa slopes and gotta do 'em by hand there. Nothing like pounding T-posts into rocks to make you think about buying a high clearance 4WD skid steer, if such a thing existed.

So... who knows the full story?

Guarantee that pounding a dozen posts will shake up your arms, though! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgO6VSLlng0
kkawboy14
8/23/2019 6:07am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 6:07am
If you have never pounded fence post or tree stakes all day, you don’t really know!
Natester551v
8/23/2019 6:20am
Max D wrote:
Nothing like a blue collar Pro Motorcycle rider! ET3 is my new #1!! Baggett is still up there too though
Totally - I'm a huge fan of those guys.

I recall his dad talk about how much they actually held back implementing a gnarly structured training program before he turned pro, so as to not burn him out early.

Eli is one of the fittest dudes on the AMA circuit...he's a worker...

The Shop

Post a reply to: Tomac and working on the ranch fencing

The Latest