Tomac and Arlington......

stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
2/18/2020 2:30am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2020 2:32am
Ranman68 wrote:
Tomac's starts aren't consistent, so I think triple crowns are better for Roczen, Webb, and AC. Tomac can win it but I think the odds of...
Tomac's starts aren't consistent, so I think triple crowns are better for Roczen, Webb, and AC. Tomac can win it but I think the odds of him winning a triple crown are a little less than it would be in a normal event. Just my opinion.
I do think Tomac is the only one who could pull off a win in a triple crown with mediocre starts. He's got that "can't touch this" speed to fall back on if he has to.
stremme12 wrote:
He's pulled off more Gang Bang wins and overall triple crowns than anyone.
Ranman68 wrote:
Yeah well this year Roczen is the best he's been in 3 yrs, Webb is the defending champ and on it, Barcia is at his best...
Yeah well this year Roczen is the best he's been in 3 yrs, Webb is the defending champ and on it, Barcia is at his best, AC (fast and good starter) is in the mix, Anderson, Hill, etc etc etc etc. We've had a triple crown already and Roczen went 1-1-1. I was just stating that I dont think Tomac is as likely to win a triple crown as he is to win a regular race. This year is a different deal no matter what triple crowns he won in past seasons. And "gang bang wins". Whatever the hell that is.
I'm not saying Tomac isn't the best. I'm saying his competition is stouter than ever, his starts aren't the best, and in triple crowns with short motos, the starts matter more.
Bud I'm just giving you the facts. Add in the monster cup results and the facts are probably even better. This isn't my opinion. It's literal facts. You said the odds of him winning a triple crown are less. Well statistically you're wrong and you can't argue that.
NateDawg
2/18/2020 7:30am
NateDawg wrote:
Well I'd also say Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years and he's the most consistent he's been in his SX career. He's been...
Well I'd also say Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years and he's the most consistent he's been in his SX career. He's been the most consistent guy so far and he's the fastest.
hamncheeze wrote:
We should back it down on saying Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years. Go back and watch San Diego, he was awful in...
We should back it down on saying Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years. Go back and watch San Diego, he was awful in both the heat and the main. Same with St Louis. In his entire career his best starting average was during the 2017 run, that was maybe the most he ever had his starts figured out. But he'll never be like Dungey or Roczen, who rarely gate outside the top 5.
We're talking averages here. And 2017 was 3 years ago, so my original statement still stands. Tomac hasn't suddenly become Mike Alessi on the starts, but he has improved a lot lately.
kkawboy14
2/18/2020 9:02am
Tomac needs to go to the Andrew Short 3rd gear starts school for those getting dropped shifting from 2nd to 3rd on the starts!

Because I don’t know why but when he shifts from 2nd to 3rd they leave him!
DPR250R
2/18/2020 9:30am
Him getting bad starts just makes the race that much more exciting.

Hoping for some great racing on Saturday night!

The Shop

Post a reply to: Tomac and Arlington......

The Latest