Tomac and Arlington......

Racer111
2/16/2020 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2020 9:30am
So this is the first year I’ve done RM Fantasy......

Going by this year so far. I want to pick Tomac for the win, BUT...

2017 - 15th place
2018 - win
2019 - 12th place

Texas hasn’t been great for Tomac. Who do you all have for the win.
|
SWOHIO GUY
2/16/2020 6:35pm
Racer111 wrote:
So this is the first year I’ve done RM Fantasy...... Going by this year so far. I want to pick Tomac for the win, BUT... 2017...

2017 - 15th place
2018 - win
2019 - 12th place

Looks like it is the turn for him to win!
NateDawg
2/16/2020 6:46pm
I think he's going to have a point to prove in that stadium and it looks like his year to win. Roczen could be tough with his starts, but Eli typically does well in these Triple Crown races.
ktmdan
2/16/2020 6:49pm
I believe he cut his brake line in 2017
2/16/2020 6:52pm
Racer111 wrote:
So this is the first year I’ve done RM Fantasy...... Going by this year so far. I want to pick Tomac for the win, BUT... 2017...

2017 - 15th place
2018 - win
2019 - 12th place

If you are ranked that high in fantasyMX keep doing what you are doing and don't listen to anyone else, because whatever you are doing is working for you.

It seems that 99% of the time when I make last minute changes to my team it bites me in the ass....but for some reason I keep doing it because I think my luck will eventually turn. Last night I swapped Eli to Webb for the win last minute and paid the piper for it. I should have just left my team as is

The Shop

TDeath21
2/16/2020 6:54pm
Nobody has won back to back races this year. Is this the time? We will have to see the track first. I swear there are a handful of tracks that you’ll see how it’s breaking down about 450 heat 2ish and you just think to yourself, “Yep this one has Tomac’s name all over it” and you’re right 99.99% of the time.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
2/16/2020 6:57pm
Kenny for the win this weekend. He's better at starts and the races are shorter. I think Eli will be on the podium, but I like Ken this weekend. Webb likely to podium too.
tingo
2/16/2020 6:59pm
I’ve never been a big believer in the “______” city is always good to a particular rider theory. Reed always said that about San Diego, as one example. Either you’re a contender for the year or you’re not. Race wins in particular cities are just coincidence. So yeah, pick Tomac if you’re inclined. Or Roczen, AC, or Webb. Odds are, one of them will win it.
2/16/2020 8:04pm
AC might actually get his first win because he's been getting great starts and we know he's good for 10 laps. If not AC, then Webb or Roczen with their good starts might take another one.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/16/2020 8:38pm
I think the TC format is good for Webb, Roczen and AC... But all it does is close the gap some to Tomac.

Fantasy will be tough this week for sure.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/16/2020 9:57pm
if Tomac gets starts like he did last weekend, all bets are off, he was in the top 3 in both heat and main,
2/16/2020 10:02pm
scott_nz wrote:
if Tomac gets starts like he did last weekend, all bets are off, he was in the top 3 in both heat and main,
I noticed this weekend he was using starting blocks in practice which I’ve never seen him use before. I never got a chance to see if he used them in the night show but if so maybe they have got something figured out there.
mx196
Fantasy
3991st
2/17/2020 4:09am
Racer111 wrote:

2017 - 15th place
2018 - win
2019 - 12th place

Based off those stats he’s the best pick for you. I expect ET with the win and going on a little streak, but this could be ACs weekend if it’s the hard packed Arlington like years ago not like last year.
2/17/2020 4:21am
He’ll go on a run here.. Arlington, Atlanta and then Daytona is a lock..
As he did in outdoors last year he’ll want to get this points lead out to a race (+26) and manage it.
He needs guys to get in between him and Webb. AC crashing out of 2nd last week didn’t help and also KR might of dispatched him.
Webb is too consistent to give up bulk amounts of points so it won’t be easy.
Webb probably thinks if he can keep the points within 20 or so then Tomac is going to cough up a bunch at some point.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
2/17/2020 4:40am
If Tomac ride well the next two races and win Daytona. I think he will be the champ.
kb228
2/17/2020 4:50am
Idk how he will do. All i know is hes ripe for his seasonal outside the top 10 finish.
mxtech1
2/17/2020 5:00am
I get nervous picking Tomac to win Triple crowns because he doesn't always have enough time to get into the lead with the shorter mains. If his starts are on point, no big deal, but it is very common for him to start somewhere around the top 5 and then spend the first 10 minutes passing forward.

AC9 could really be a solid pick this weekend.

Hill and Stewart are both capable with a good start and short race.

Webb, Roczen, and Baggett will all be in there as usual.

I will probably go:
AC9
Tomac
Roczen
Webb
Baggett
Dudley
2/17/2020 7:26am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 7:27am
Red plate and Arlington for Tomac could be a bad combination if you’re the superstitious type like me. I’m thinking it’s a roczen round.
SWOHIO GUY
2/17/2020 8:03am
I also believe the triple crown format lessens the chance of disaster. Look at Cooper in Phoenix for example, 17-8-1 for 8th overall. Tomac could theoretically have 1 bad main event and still come our smelling like a rose to an extent. He also has won 3 of 6 triple crown races as well so I think it’s top 3 at the worst this week.
Ranman68
2/17/2020 8:07am
Tomac's starts aren't consistent, so I think triple crowns are better for Roczen, Webb, and AC. Tomac can win it but I think the odds of him winning a triple crown are a little less than it would be in a normal event. Just my opinion.
I do think Tomac is the only one who could pull off a win in a triple crown with mediocre starts. He's got that "can't touch this" speed to fall back on if he has to.
JeremyK
2/17/2020 8:23am
I'll wait til I hear the keys to victory before the gate drop to make a determination on if tomac can pull off the win(s)
IWreckALot
2/17/2020 8:53am
mxtech1 wrote:
I get nervous picking Tomac to win Triple crowns because he doesn't always have enough time to get into the lead with the shorter mains. If...
I get nervous picking Tomac to win Triple crowns because he doesn't always have enough time to get into the lead with the shorter mains. If his starts are on point, no big deal, but it is very common for him to start somewhere around the top 5 and then spend the first 10 minutes passing forward.

I will probably go:
AC9
Tomac
Roczen
Webb
Baggett
I'd like to see AC get his first win but you're asking him to go three main events in a row without hitting the dirt. Possible but not probable.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
2/17/2020 8:54am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 8:57am
mxtech1 wrote:
I get nervous picking Tomac to win Triple crowns because he doesn't always have enough time to get into the lead with the shorter mains. If...

I will probably go:
AC9
Tomac
Roczen
Webb
Baggett
I'm pretty sure Tomac has the most triple crown Gang bang wins over anyone and the most overall triple crown wins as well.

He's the definition of safe when it comes to Gang Bangs.

Ya'll need some stats in your life.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
2/17/2020 8:59am
Ranman68 wrote:
Tomac's starts aren't consistent, so I think triple crowns are better for Roczen, Webb, and AC. Tomac can win it but I think the odds of...
Tomac's starts aren't consistent, so I think triple crowns are better for Roczen, Webb, and AC. Tomac can win it but I think the odds of him winning a triple crown are a little less than it would be in a normal event. Just my opinion.
I do think Tomac is the only one who could pull off a win in a triple crown with mediocre starts. He's got that "can't touch this" speed to fall back on if he has to.
He's pulled off more Gang Bang wins and overall triple crowns than anyone.
joshflo
2/17/2020 9:06am
I checked out the track map and it looks like a long start straight. He usually gets better starts the longer they are
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
2/17/2020 9:10am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 9:21am
These stats were before this years triple crown. Atleast RacerX keeps track of these since the AMA won't.

Fuck now people are going to think my name's Dylan......

kkawboy14
2/17/2020 2:31pm
Racer111 wrote:

2017 - 15th place
2018 - win
2019 - 12th place

Based on that he’s do a win there this year!
Ranman68
2/17/2020 9:24pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Tomac's starts aren't consistent, so I think triple crowns are better for Roczen, Webb, and AC. Tomac can win it but I think the odds of...
stremme12 wrote:
Yeah well this year Roczen is the best he's been in 3 yrs, Webb is the defending champ and on it, Barcia is at his best, AC (fast and good starter) is in the mix, Anderson, Hill, etc etc etc etc. We've had a triple crown already and Roczen went 1-1-1. I was just stating that I dont think Tomac is as likely to win a triple crown as he is to win a regular race. This year is a different deal no matter what triple crowns he won in past seasons. And "gang bang wins". Whatever the hell that is.
I'm not saying Tomac isn't the best. I'm saying his competition is stouter than ever, his starts aren't the best, and in triple crowns with short motos, the starts matter more.
NateDawg
2/17/2020 9:29pm
Ranman68 wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Yeah well this year Roczen is the best he's been in 3 yrs, Webb is the defending champ and on it, Barcia is at his best...
Yeah well this year Roczen is the best he's been in 3 yrs, Webb is the defending champ and on it, Barcia is at his best, AC (fast and good starter) is in the mix, Anderson, Hill, etc etc etc etc. We've had a triple crown already and Roczen went 1-1-1. I was just stating that I dont think Tomac is as likely to win a triple crown as he is to win a regular race. This year is a different deal no matter what triple crowns he won in past seasons. And "gang bang wins". Whatever the hell that is.
I'm not saying Tomac isn't the best. I'm saying his competition is stouter than ever, his starts aren't the best, and in triple crowns with short motos, the starts matter more.
Well I'd also say Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years and he's the most consistent he's been in his SX career. He's been the most consistent guy so far and he's the fastest.
Ranman68
2/17/2020 10:21pm
stremme12 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Yeah well this year Roczen is the best he's been in 3 yrs, Webb is the defending champ and on it, Barcia is at his best...
NateDawg wrote:
Well I'd also say Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years and he's the most consistent he's been in his SX career. He's been...
Well I'd also say Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years and he's the most consistent he's been in his SX career. He's been the most consistent guy so far and he's the fastest.
I can agree with all of that. I'm just saying starts arent his strong point even if they are better than in the past. I'm not digging at Tomac or saying he won't win. Just saying I dont like his odds as well in triple crown events as I do in regular events..if he doesnt holeshot, he has less time to get to the front than in a regular 20 plus 2 moto, and his superb fitness doesnt benefit him as much. Tomac is at his best ever I agree, but so is Roczen and he's a good starter. So is Webb. So is AC. Sure Tomac can win in Dallas. I'd never say he can't. I just think he's still a little more suited to regular 20 plus 2 motos where he's got more time. Look at San Diego and St. Louis. Bad starts and could only get up to 4th while Roczen was gone in one and Webb, AC, and Baggett were gone in the other. The other riders are better than ever too and hard to get by or chase down sometimes. Even for the best Tomac ever.
hamncheeze
2/17/2020 11:14pm
NateDawg wrote:
Well I'd also say Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years and he's the most consistent he's been in his SX career. He's been...
We should back it down on saying Tomac's starts are the best they've been in years. Go back and watch San Diego, he was awful in both the heat and the main. Same with St Louis. In his entire career his best starting average was during the 2017 run, that was maybe the most he ever had his starts figured out. But he'll never be like Dungey or Roczen, who rarely gate outside the top 5.

Post a reply to: Tomac and Arlington......

The Latest