Tomac airs out Matthes

ChrisB10
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 3:33pm
Tomac just aired out Matthes on IG really hard because he said Tomac's starts weren't good enough. Then Eli listed his starting stats including heats and semis which were 3 for 9. I'm a huge ET3 fan, hence the avi, but this is such bullshit.

Matthes was talking about his starts in the main which are 6th, 2nd, 6th and 7th. Ken Roczen's are 1st, 1st, 2nd and 3rd so how Eli thinks those are good enough to erase a huge points gap and win a title is beyond me. I'm really getting sick of how sensitive riders are when someone isn't blowing smoke up their ass 24/7.
|
Crush
1/30/2015 4:40am
Funny how people read stuff... They've got a great rapport, I took it as busting balls and in good fun... and there are people on the post going crazy at Steve and others who think it's a joke.

I do agree with you that riders need to calm the fuck down on media writing what media should write, ie commentary. Maybe if they didn't have so many man friends blowing them all the time they'd be able to take some constructive criticism and just look in the mirror and say I need to get better.

If not, it's a good thing they're in a sport where the media is like it is, because in pro stick and ball sports, fucking hell our media writes nothing compared to those fuckers!
Crush
1/30/2015 4:41am
Just like Dungey carrying on the podium... silly.
brocster
1/30/2015 4:57am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 4:59am
Crush wrote:
Just like Dungey carrying on the podium... silly.
from a different perspective: ever thought that they are tired of a bunch of keyboard jockey's (people) talking shit????

I would think a top 5 start IS a good start....

disclaimer: they are out there giving it there all every time out and people pic them apart based on some asinine assumptions...

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/no-respect-no-respect-at-…
mx965
1/30/2015 4:58am
"We dont want robots" ....

"Stop bitching about everything"....

The Shop

Crush
1/30/2015 5:19am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 5:21am
brocster wrote:
from a different perspective: ever thought that they are tired of a bunch of keyboard jockey's (people) talking shit???? I would think a top 5 start...
from a different perspective: ever thought that they are tired of a bunch of keyboard jockey's (people) talking shit????

I would think a top 5 start IS a good start....

disclaimer: they are out there giving it there all every time out and people pic them apart based on some asinine assumptions...

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/no-respect-no-respect-at-…
Keyboard jockeys us? I hope to god they're not paying any attention to any forum.

Keyboard jockeys Media? You're a professional athlete, media/Sports journos, are there to write, offer opinion, report. Pro sportsman down here don't cry if someone reports they're not doing great in the weekend paper... Does it happen there? It's ridiculous to think that someone should only write good things.

In Dungey's case, referring to people getting on his balls about passing better or being more aggressive, it's simple, his comp does it better. You could argue that was basically the sole difference between him and Kenny last year outdoors. He should be able to hear that and take it in, or just ignore it. Either way, lashing out, "I'd like to see you do it", serves no one, and it's not ours/media's job. It's yours, and your comp are better than it, it's not offensive to point it out, and if it is, free country, best toughen up.

As for bitching versus giving robot-like interview... there is an alternative... give good interview. Weimer is great at it. Chad is too. MC was. RJ was. Ramsey was. Tomac generally is, Bowers is, AC is.. Why are the options don't say anything except sponsor brand names or lash out with sillyness? Home-schooling?
Sandberm
1/30/2015 5:22am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 5:23am
Didn't Weege say that during Eli's first or second season that his parents pulled him(Weigandt) aside and ask him not to be so critical of their son, reason being that he was just a kid and it wouldn't do his confidence any good?

So... he learned that its ok to talk back to the media and respond to criticisms. No big deal I think as long as he doesnt shut down and stop doing interviews with Mathess or RacerX.
Olson
1/30/2015 5:32am
Just read the post from Eli. Man was his feelings hurt. Sounds like a whiny kid with snot hanging out of his nose. Cry me a river.

I bet this will trigger Eli though, looking for good starts tomorrow or end up stuck in the gate. Seldom good to be too fired up.
Sandberm
1/30/2015 5:37am
Pfft...now that I've seen it, thats no big deal.

It reminds me of when JT$ disagrees with Steve and he calls him an idiot. 5 minutes later they are laughing about minotuars.
1/30/2015 5:43am
Steve is right. Eli is fast enough but isn't getting the starts Roczen is getting. The truth hurts.
Grieby54
1/30/2015 5:45am
I am a big Matthes fan, but I have to admit I lost some respect for him over the last few weeks. He was smoking Chad's pole hard every time he talked to him.
gharmon
I'm pretty sure Eli and Matthes are good friends. I would take that as one friend bs'ing with the other.
DonM
I just look at that as Eli having a little fun with Steve...pretty cool actually.
MotoMo165
1/30/2015 5:51am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 5:53am
Har!! I love tomac and matthes. But you have to see it from Elis perspective, especially if he has a 33% holeshot rate as he says. Crush, just because it's Matthew doesn't give him a free pass, that's dumb. Matthes said something and Eli didn't agree, so he's a whining baby, he just doesn't want false statements being stated as fact, and who would? Eli isn't the best starter but he really isn't the worst. It also seems like Eli is busting Matthes balls here, I doubt he'll stop giving interviews. Yeah it's just the media and the riders shouldn't care, but really they all do, they're human and like to know what people are saying about them, for the most part, wouldn't you?
1/30/2015 6:03am
i don't know where everyone including Matthes get the idea that Eli's starts were bad , hes been in front of Roczen 3 out of 4 main events Roczens strong point is the first corners!!!

Pics to back this up

A1 Eli 2nd - Roczen 5th

PHX Eli 1st - Roczen 4th

A2 Eli 6th - Roczen 4th

OAK Tomac 3th - Roczen 6th

So 3 out of 4 times Tomac has been in front of Roczen in the first corner

i rest my case
1/30/2015 6:16am
What!!??? You guys made something out of THAT!!?? That's Eli having fun with Matthes and busting his chops a little.... fun banter. wow... Midol.... get some!
Sully22
1/30/2015 6:18am
Looks like Eli was having fun with Steve and giving him shit...
hvaughn88
1/30/2015 6:21am
It blows my mind that riders pay attention to this stuff.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
1/30/2015 6:30am
I think he was mostly just busting Steve's balls, but there may have been just a tiny bit of bitterness in there since he's heard about him having bad starts his whole career.
bama205
1/30/2015 6:31am
Moens_Andy wrote:
i don't know where everyone including Matthes get the idea that Eli's starts were bad , hes been in front of Roczen 3 out of 4...
i don't know where everyone including Matthes get the idea that Eli's starts were bad , hes been in front of Roczen 3 out of 4 main events Roczens strong point is the first corners!!!

Pics to back this up

A1 Eli 2nd - Roczen 5th

PHX Eli 1st - Roczen 4th

A2 Eli 6th - Roczen 4th

OAK Tomac 3th - Roczen 6th

So 3 out of 4 times Tomac has been in front of Roczen in the first corner

i rest my case
Thank you. The Matthes love is worse than any fanboy here.
Eric238
1/30/2015 6:33am
It is ridiculous how many riders feel the need to bag on Matthes. This particular comment may be a joke b/c I think Tomac and Matthes are fine w/ each other, but some others haven't been. It's pathetic how RC and other riders will pile on as well.

Let Matthes do his job and understand that no one means harm, we're just bench racing about a sport we love. That's it.

1/30/2015 6:35am
I'm surprised Eli gives even a rat's ass about what Mathes says or anyone else for that matter.
mxb2
1/30/2015 6:44am
Social media is good and bad, if you do not want comments good or bad stay off and do not post stupid pics, or make stupid comments. People love attention until its something they do not want to hear.
zippy895
1/30/2015 6:48am
mx965 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/30/78625/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

yea,it really pissed him off ......check his 3 emotions......
my god people..stop reading into this.
IWreckALot
1/30/2015 7:02am
zippy895 wrote:
yea,it really pissed him off ......check his 3 emotions......
my god people..stop reading into this.
Lol. It was real serious until those three emoticons were put down there. I'm so glad someone invented those things so we knew people were joking. I bet emoticons have saved some wars in fact.

I like to imagine a real big emoticon after everything Kim Jong Un says in fact.
hvaughn88
1/30/2015 7:04am
IWreckALot wrote:
Lol. It was real serious until those three emoticons were put down there. I'm so glad someone invented those things so we knew people were joking...
Lol. It was real serious until those three emoticons were put down there. I'm so glad someone invented those things so we knew people were joking. I bet emoticons have saved some wars in fact.

I like to imagine a real big emoticon after everything Kim Jong Un says in fact.
and then an elaborate handshake routine with dennis rodman
BobbyM
1/30/2015 7:11am
Thing is you only have just a few worry tokens... Spend em wisely. Worry bout things that matter.. Spend the tokens on important shit.
1/30/2015 7:13am
The fact that Eli is even responding to Matthes just goes to show that Kenny has a little edge over Eli this year ! Eli is a awesome rider it just doesn't look like he has the intensity every weekend that he normally has and Kenny is at the top of his game right now .
joeellis
1/30/2015 7:28am
The only thing I hate more than the media voicing their OPINION, is the sad fact that so many thrive on those opininions. Pretty much all the media is good for is stirring up controversy to make people read or watch. The media is also responsible for the sickening amount of hyperbole that surround athletes and entertainers. It is sad that so many need their egos stroked. That for the most part is the modern era we live in imo.

Post a reply to: Tomac airs out Matthes

The Latest