Tomac Tops, Roczen drops.

carlosmacho
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 1:27pm
The unheralded American rookie wins his first AMA Supercross while the highly touted German juggernaut again falls victim to the pressure of having the fastest lap time in practice.
[url]http://www.mxphotos.net/sandiego2011[/url]

|
kongols
2/20/2011 7:26am
Cool story , bro. Was worth a thread.WhistlingDryHuh
MXR
2/20/2011 7:45am
I am a big fan of both riders .

The Shop

mccread
2/20/2011 7:48am
What a jOke. Eli is a cool kid. Don't throw him in to some make believe rivalry. Roczen is doing fine. And is a good kid...
What a jOke.

Eli is a cool kid. Don't throw him in to some make believe rivalry.

Roczen is doing fine. And is a good kid too.

Cheer for them both.
Exactly both are awesome... If Ken had got a start like in the heat.. it would have been some race...very similar speed in supercross...
jamma10
2/20/2011 7:50am
MXR wrote:
Sadly, as you may have guessed with this thread, CluelessMucho is not. Grinning
carlosmacho
2/20/2011 8:29am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 8:31am
mccread wrote:
Exactly both are awesome... If Ken had got a start like in the heat.. it would have been some race...very similar speed in supercross...
I find it interesting that everyone is talking about Roczen being the European superstar, but very few are talking about the fastest rookie MX2 rider on the planet Laughing
Doesn't look like too bad of a start to me considering Rattray got second.Woohoo Not bad considering Roczen got a 7th in the 450s last weekend as well.

T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
2/20/2011 8:34am
Oh, so he had a bad start due to pressure? At least we have the scoop on what really happened.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
2/20/2011 8:36am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 8:37am
mccread wrote:
I find it interesting that everyone is talking about Roczen being the European superstar, but very few are talking about the fastest rookie MX2 rider on...
I find it interesting that everyone is talking about Roczen being the European superstar, but very few are talking about the fastest rookie MX2 rider on the planet Laughing
Doesn't look like too bad of a start to me considering Rattray got second.Woohoo Not bad considering Roczen got a 7th in the 450s last weekend as well.

carlosmacho
2/20/2011 8:38am
T-Fish wrote:
I was taking pictures and didn't see it, did Roczen go down again?
chrisbuehler
2/20/2011 8:41am
And Roczen will steal his lunch money come outdoors in a non-regional championship so.........
carlosmacho
2/20/2011 9:24am
And Roczen will steal his lunch money come outdoors in a non-regional championship so.........
Isn't that the same drum that the Euro cheer leaders keep bangin'? Unfortunately, you can't build a reputation on what you are GOING to do.
RickRolled
2/20/2011 10:03am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 10:08am
mccread wrote:
I find it interesting that everyone is talking about Roczen being the European superstar, but very few are talking about the fastest rookie MX2 rider on...

FISH ON!

#1 - You are absolutely right, he is the rookie with the most points. No argument there.

#2 - Big fan of Tomac b/c I've been around cycling more than moto. I dig the legacy, met the old man a couple of times in the '90s and I've owned a couple of Tomac rigs in the past. Seems to be a great kid, from a great family, good work ethic, and rides smooth like butter. Seems to have a VERY bright future IMHO. Was very happy for his first win. Can't wait to see him outdoors this year, I expect he will be a podium contender week in week out and a possible championship contender. I am a fan.

#3- Flame me if the numbers aren't right, but Roczen went from what, 16 to 6 or 7 on a slick track, pretty much the same as RV? Did RV's ride not impress you last night? Per your start pic. looks like he was about to get squeesed out, but I'll have to go re-watch. I'd give my right nut and a pinkie toe just to be able to have a ride like that ONCE in my life in a lites main.

The kid is 16, in a foreign land, and is blazing fast on a brand that supposedly Kan't Take Motocross. You mention his last week results in the 450 class and honestly can't tell if you're clowning him or not. He took 7th, on a "piece of shit bike", per BobbyM and other vitals, with 100 less cc.s that even RD is now saying probably should not be used in SX. And I'm sure the swinger crowd will answer the usual "straight up" BS, but he beat Metty, MA, IT, T Hahn, Wey, Brayton and STEWART among other 450 vets. While JS7 got caught up in a 1st corner pile up and landed on JT$, he still beat Bubba in his FIRST 450 race. In no way am I implying that he is faster than or he could beat JS7 weekly, but last week he did. Last time I raced, my first corner pile up and washing out x2 still had to be counted in my result. There were no "straight up" trophies given that day despite my heated protests.Wink

Because of the aforementioned, Roczen it just a great story for the media and the sport in general don't you think? No need to be butt hurt or going on fishing trips b/c Tomac isn't getting the attention you feel he deserves . Perhaps a little Preparation H is in order. Tongue

Hopefully we get to see these two battle for years to come.
carlosmacho
2/20/2011 11:22am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 11:24am
RickRolled wrote:
FISH ON! #1 - You are absolutely right, he is the rookie with the most points. No argument there. #2 - Big fan of Tomac b/c...
FISH ON!

#1 - You are absolutely right, he is the rookie with the most points. No argument there.

#2 - Big fan of Tomac b/c I've been around cycling more than moto. I dig the legacy, met the old man a couple of times in the '90s and I've owned a couple of Tomac rigs in the past. Seems to be a great kid, from a great family, good work ethic, and rides smooth like butter. Seems to have a VERY bright future IMHO. Was very happy for his first win. Can't wait to see him outdoors this year, I expect he will be a podium contender week in week out and a possible championship contender. I am a fan.

#3- Flame me if the numbers aren't right, but Roczen went from what, 16 to 6 or 7 on a slick track, pretty much the same as RV? Did RV's ride not impress you last night? Per your start pic. looks like he was about to get squeesed out, but I'll have to go re-watch. I'd give my right nut and a pinkie toe just to be able to have a ride like that ONCE in my life in a lites main.

The kid is 16, in a foreign land, and is blazing fast on a brand that supposedly Kan't Take Motocross. You mention his last week results in the 450 class and honestly can't tell if you're clowning him or not. He took 7th, on a "piece of shit bike", per BobbyM and other vitals, with 100 less cc.s that even RD is now saying probably should not be used in SX. And I'm sure the swinger crowd will answer the usual "straight up" BS, but he beat Metty, MA, IT, T Hahn, Wey, Brayton and STEWART among other 450 vets. While JS7 got caught up in a 1st corner pile up and landed on JT$, he still beat Bubba in his FIRST 450 race. In no way am I implying that he is faster than or he could beat JS7 weekly, but last week he did. Last time I raced, my first corner pile up and washing out x2 still had to be counted in my result. There were no "straight up" trophies given that day despite my heated protests.Wink

Because of the aforementioned, Roczen it just a great story for the media and the sport in general don't you think? No need to be butt hurt or going on fishing trips b/c Tomac isn't getting the attention you feel he deserves . Perhaps a little Preparation H is in order. Tongue

Eli already got the credit and accolade he deserved because he actually won a supercross race.
Huckster
2/20/2011 12:02pm
Eli rode great and deserved his first win. Roczen rode very good as well. Roczen is really likeable and showed in a one off race that he has the speed to compete with almost anyone on any given day. With all the hype there comes great expectations and only a few young kids have been able to live up to that. He is doing just fine and I am really looking forward to watching him when he brings his skills over for good in a season or two. Hopefully he can win a GP championship this year and solidify his greatness over there before embarking on his quest for an AMA SX/MX championship like those before him........The fact that he is a German makes it even more fun to watch.
RickRolled
2/20/2011 3:27pm
RickRolled wrote:
FISH ON! #1 - You are absolutely right, he is the rookie with the most points. No argument there. #2 - Big fan of Tomac b/c...
FISH ON!

Eli already got the credit and accolade he deserved because he actually won a supercross race.
Unheralded? Credit and accolades for Eli? TWMX has been swinging from his sack since Hangtown last year. Cover shot, feature stories, "we go to Eli's California crib," etc, etc. SX/MX is selling the crap out of Tomac. And why shouldn't they be, just don't pretend they don't. How many times last summer did we have to be reminded who is dad is during the livecasts?

But thank you Mr. Macho, you have shown me the error of my ways. I will never publicly show a 16 y/o Euro pro SX rider respect, admiration, or any kind of credit until he wins a lites sx event. And although he won a GP at the age of 15, impressed the crap out of everyone in CO at MXDN , and is showing flashes of greatness in his rookie year in both the lites and 450 class at 16, both the media and vital should no longer mention his name. Bad media, bad vital.

If you are a grown main, not related to Eli, are you really that upset about Roczen getting some coverage b/c of his age? MARCIA, MARCIA, MARCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That what it sounds like to me.

Toodaloo Gay Boys.
thekendogg
2/20/2011 4:12pm
Indeed, props to Tomac. Stellar ride and deserved his victory. But please carlosmacho, know what you're talking about before you post and make yourself look like an idiot.

The reason Roczen finished 7th is because he was involved in a first-turn pile up and started in virtually last position, half the track behind on a slick and in some places muddy track. I'm on the other side of the Atlantic without the benefit of live coverage and I still know that. And as RickRolled validly pointed out, Roczen virtually mirrored Villopotto's storming ride, in a race that was 5 laps shorter. A MONUMENTAL effort if you ask me.

I know you're American, and are proud of your home-grown riders, as you should be. But anything non-American and you automatically write it/them off. Roczen has never raced on a supercross track before december of last year. And don't give me that crap that Tomac has never raced an SX race before either, he has obviously ridden supercross throughout his career at amateur level and in practice so he has masses more of experience. Supercross and Motocross are completely different, and Roczen has adapted pretty well. He has massive potential and could become one of the greatest riders ever to have swung his leg over a dirtbike.

Tomac is doing awesome, but I along with many others are getting annoyed at your constant lack of respect towards Roczen and anyone else who isn't American carlosmacho. Motocross is the greatest sport on Earth; there is very rarely any discrimination/racism that plagues other sports. All professional riders deserve a certain degree of respect as what they do IS NOT easy.
johansen
2/20/2011 5:15pm
I like this guy RickRolled. Carlosmacho looks like a fool debating with him.
jms217
2/20/2011 5:26pm
MXR wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
here we go jamma making another thread a negative one because we all don't like roczen. he's from europe which jamma thinks is why some people dosen't like him(to be truthful i don't like because where he is from and because of jamma.)
jtt252
2/20/2011 5:27pm
Don't get me wrong, i like Ken and his riding syle but he is a little over hyped. Everyone is givin him more credit than tickle and seely who have won races. Anyways nice job eli and good ride from ken considering he crashed 2 times.
2/20/2011 5:43pm
Overhyped?

He was a SX question mark having never ridden it. No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at the foolish americans.

He's a big story and we expected him to be fast and inconsistent with some later season podiums. And then whoop ass outdoors in the GP's and then NEXT year be hyped as a possible title contender.

He has done exactly as expected. He showed the speed, he made the mistakes.

And outdoors he will fly.

Eli and his success does not deserve to be thrown in to this negative fake rivalry.
2/20/2011 6:20pm
Overhyped? He was a SX question mark having never ridden it. No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at...
Overhyped?

He was a SX question mark having never ridden it. No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at the foolish americans.

He's a big story and we expected him to be fast and inconsistent with some later season podiums. And then whoop ass outdoors in the GP's and then NEXT year be hyped as a possible title contender.

Eli and his success does not deserve to be thrown in to this negative fake rivalry.
"LIKE"
carlosmacho
2/20/2011 7:09pm
RickRolled wrote:
Unheralded? Credit and accolades for Eli? TWMX has been swinging from his sack since Hangtown last year. Cover shot, feature stories, "we go to Eli's California...
Unheralded? Credit and accolades for Eli? TWMX has been swinging from his sack since Hangtown last year. Cover shot, feature stories, "we go to Eli's California crib," etc, etc. SX/MX is selling the crap out of Tomac. And why shouldn't they be, just don't pretend they don't. How many times last summer did we have to be reminded who is dad is during the livecasts?

But thank you Mr. Macho, you have shown me the error of my ways. I will never publicly show a 16 y/o Euro pro SX rider respect, admiration, or any kind of credit until he wins a lites sx event. And although he won a GP at the age of 15, impressed the crap out of everyone in CO at MXDN , and is showing flashes of greatness in his rookie year in both the lites and 450 class at 16, both the media and vital should no longer mention his name. Bad media, bad vital.

If you are a grown main, not related to Eli, are you really that upset about Roczen getting some coverage b/c of his age? MARCIA, MARCIA, MARCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That what it sounds like to me.

Toodaloo Gay Boys.
I don't read TWMX but I am glad some acknowledges his speed and that this rookie comes out of nowhere (Colorado), is 3rd in points and has won his first AMa SX race.. Just so you know, his dad didn't race motocross professionally.

"But thank you Mr. Macho, you have shown me the error of my ways."
Glad I could help.

"I will never publicly show a 16 y/o Euro pro SX rider respect, admiration"
Well I never taught you that,. I have said the kid has talent and is fast but just has not lived up to the hype that has been thrown around on this board. It is you Euros that seem to be "swinging from Roczen sack" (though his may have not dropped yet only being 16 Laughing He did great at the MXON I have never denied that or disrespected that accomplishment.

"and is showing flashes of greatness in his rookie year in both the lites and 450 class at 16"
for us in the US he is just another rookie in a pool of many rookies, have I mention Tomac took a first? ALast week at Houston another rookie Ian Trettel took 5th place in his first SX race. Props to him. I am not touting him or Tomac to be the latest (great white hope) Euro beater.

"If you are a grown main, not related to Eli, are you really that upset about Roczen getting some coverage b/c of his age? MARCIA, MARCIA, MARCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That what it sounds like to me."

I am a grown man (whats a main? Laughing ) and have never been upset, you are trying to associate an emotion that is not present. Now you on the other hand seems to be very upset. Why should you be upset that I am not giving Roczen respect? Why is it so important that you feel the need I give Roczen repect? I have said several times he is a fast rider what more would you like me to do get down and kiss his feet? LOL. I support American riders, because I am an American, if you don't like that sorry and from what I see, Eli is smoking Roczen. No disrespect to Roczen but I watched the two of them battle it out live and on tv and my opinion, Eli is not only a better rider, but he has out ridden Roczen practically at every AMA SX race from what I have seen. Sorry if you don't see it that way or see that as some type of disrespect to Roczen..
carlosmacho
2/20/2011 7:16pm
Overhyped? He was a SX question mark having never ridden it. No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at...
Overhyped?

"No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at the foolish americans.

I agree, you would expect no one to think that, but some on this board do.

"He's a big story and we expected him to be fast and inconsistent with some later season podiums. And then whoop ass outdoors in the GP's and then NEXT year be hyped as a possible title contender."

Again, this is the drum the Euros have been beating and I will say it again, you build a reputation on what you do, not what you are going to do. If that comes to pass you will see me say, finally Euro has produced a rider that can compete against the fastest Americans.
2/20/2011 7:57pm
Overhyped?

"No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at the foolish americans. I agree, you would expect no one to...
"No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at the foolish americans.

"He's a big story and we expected him to be fast and inconsistent with some later season podiums. And then whoop ass outdoors in the GP's and then NEXT year be hyped as a possible title contender."

Again, this is the drum the Euros have been beating and I will say it again, you build a reputation on what you do, not what you are going to do. If that comes to pass you will see me say, finally Euro has produced a rider that can compete against the fastest Americans.
I'm cool with that.

But keep in mind here comes now the Eli criticisms from jealous posters about daddy's millions, his ties to cycling and it's ties to performance enhancing drugs. How his dad bought his factory ride and how moto moms will flirt with goggle guys to get their kid the first sponsor sticker on his fender.

Both kids are super talented and hard working. Throwing them in to a make believe rivalry is going to send this deal in to the shitter because the American kid got his first win maybe a few weeks sooner than ze german.

It's cool to pick one, the American to celebrate but lame to point out the other lil kids so called failure of a 7th
carlosmacho
2/21/2011 12:49am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2011 7:25am
I'm cool with that. But keep in mind here comes now the Eli criticisms from jealous posters about daddy's millions, his ties to cycling and it's...
I'm cool with that.

But keep in mind here comes now the Eli criticisms from jealous posters about daddy's millions, his ties to cycling and it's ties to performance enhancing drugs. How his dad bought his factory ride and how moto moms will flirt with goggle guys to get their kid the first sponsor sticker on his fender.

Both kids are super talented and hard working. Throwing them in to a make believe rivalry is going to send this deal in to the shitter because the American kid got his first win maybe a few weeks sooner than ze german.

It's cool to pick one, the American to celebrate but lame to point out the other lil kids so called failure of a 7th
Well I don't know anything about all of that stuff but I will say this, If I could buy a factory ride that would guarantee my son a first place in an AMA lites SX, I would buy one. But it is not possible because regardless if your dad pays off the factory to pick up your son, your mom sleeps with factory talent scout to get you a factory bike, or you take steroids or some enhancing drugs to help your body, you still have to have the talent to win before a factory team will pick you and keep you.

As for the make believe rivalry. They are both rookies, they are both racing in the lites class, they are competitor from different countries, what is made up about that? I have never said they have animosity towards each other or they were taking each other out. I am looking at it purely from a competition standpoint. Rookies, both first year AMA, both not favored to win, It is as good a rivalry as Stewart or Dungey vs Caroli except at a lower level. Tomac is winning, Roczen is not, simple as that, If you consider that a made up rivalry

But first, lets define the word rival/rivalry

(Princeton) competition, contention, rivalry (the act of competing as for profit or a prize) "the teams were in fierce contention for first place"

rivalrous - emulous: eager to surpass others

A competition between individuals or groups eg in the years before the First World War there was a rivalry between the British and German navies.

1. One who attempts to equal or surpass another, or who pursues the same object as another; a competitor.
2. One that equals or almost equals another in a particular respect.
3. Obsolete A companion or an associate in a particular duty

Yep, I think Roczen and Tomac are rivals, they have a rivalry and it is not made up. IMHO of course.
kongols
2/21/2011 12:55am
You are the only one who`s fueling it. I know it`s good for TV and good for motoboards, but it`s not time, yet.
jamma10
2/21/2011 1:27am
MXR wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
jms217 wrote:
here we go jamma making another thread a negative one because we all don't like roczen. he's from europe which jamma thinks is why some people...
here we go jamma making another thread a negative one because we all don't like roczen. he's from europe which jamma thinks is why some people dosen't like him(to be truthful i don't like because where he is from and because of jamma.)
You know what jms, you're actually starting to irritate me. You're either incredibly stupid and short sighted or just a wind up.

I find it kinda funny that the guys that like to label the Euro members as 'American Haters' are infact the bigoted ones themselves. What's more two prime examples are in this thread.
jamma10
2/21/2011 1:37am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2011 3:30am
Overhyped?

"No one who know's the sport expected him to sweep the series and laugh at the foolish americans. I agree, you would expect no one to...

Carlos you really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about do you?

Find 3 examples of 'Euro's over hyping Ken on this board and claiming he would wipe the floor with everyone ini SX... you wont, because you cant. Your media may have hyped him up, we have discussed his talent & potential plenty of times on Vital, but if you bothered to investigate you would realise none of 'us' made any wild claims.

You have totally fabricated this myth in your mind and keep coming back to it. What's more you are perfectly demonstrating yourself as the kind of person I referred to above. You are the one with the problem dude.

Post a reply to: Tomac Tops, Roczen drops.

The Latest