Tomac Sx Domination

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2018 3:15 PM

Obviously there was the thread about how much winners in sx. In my opininion every year the same idea about A1 gonna be stacked bro comes up but never happens. People always hype up Bagget Seely Webb etc but they never live up to their expectations. Then you have the top four usually one underperforms or one gets injured so it boils down to three riders with tomac being at the top barring injuries/mechanicals. So ultimately I think tomac will win 8-12 races KR, MM, and JA splitting the other 5-9 races. So how many races do you think Roczen Marv and Jason gonna win?

Sx wins 2019

View Results

|

12/4/2018 3:21 PM

I can see Tomac winning 8-10 again. 12 not really.
If that makes him win the title, I don't know.
KR, Marv or Anderson could win it with 2-3 wins... Gonna be interesting

|

12/4/2018 3:37 PM

I can see KR winning the title this year.

|

12/4/2018 3:44 PM

I don’t want to see anyone get hurt ever, but he hasn’t been injured in a couple years and I feel like in this sport every 2-3 years luck pulls your card.

Wishing for good health for all these guys. If tomac stays healthy he will dominate.

|

12/4/2018 4:00 PM

I see the other 3 besides tomac getting 2 max. Maybe 1. Anderson isnt really a win after win type guy. With kr back i bet he gets 1. Roczen 2. Marv 2-4. Tomac gets the rest.

|

12/4/2018 4:18 PM

I can See at Least 1 of the Rookies getting a win

|

12/4/2018 4:28 PM

It’s going to come down to where Tomac’s head is.

|

12/4/2018 8:55 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Hill is the only rookie that I really see getting it done

|

12/4/2018 9:57 PM

Lucifa. wrote:

I can see KR winning the title this year.

Never.

|

12/4/2018 10:06 PM

I don't care how much of victory. I don't want to see DNF. Consistency will be the key as always.

|

12/4/2018 10:09 PM

I honestly think , the only person beating Eli right now , is himself , with a bad start / mistake. Overall pure speed , there won't be anyone that will match him for more then a few laps. BUT.......because he pushes so damn hard , he tends to make little mistakes here and there. It's what happens when you ride the red line.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/4/2018 11:13 PM

Roczen for the win

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

12/4/2018 11:51 PM

If Tomac wins the championship it’ll actually be the longest anyone has had to wait to win their first one. He will be in his sixth 450 season.

|

12/5/2018 4:18 AM

KYFHO699 wrote:

It’s going to come down to where Tomac’s head is.

I think tomac has it together now. Hes won 2 championships in 2 years. 18’s sx title would be his if he didnt have a shoulder injury.

|

12/5/2018 5:56 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

If Tomac wins the championship it’ll actually be the longest anyone has had to wait to win their first one. He will be in his sixth 450 season.

Fifth, went full time 450 in 2014, same as Roczen.

|

12/5/2018 6:00 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

early wrote:

Fifth, went full time 450 in 2014, same as Roczen.

2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 3
2017 - 4
2018 - 5
2019 - 6

|

12/5/2018 6:01 AM

I say the title goes to Tomac or Roczen, depending on who makes less mistakes. Ken should be a lot more comfortable in 2019 than he was this year, but I'm doubtful that he'll ever regain the confidence he had before destroying his arm. I don't see Marv pulling it off, and I don't think Anderson is quite as fast at ET and KR. As for rookies, I wouldn't be surprised to see Osborne on the podium...often. Bring on A1 already!

|

12/5/2018 6:11 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 3
2017 - 4
2018 - 5
2019 - 6

Doh!

|

12/5/2018 6:28 AM

Anderson looked terrible when he came back to the final outdoor races but looked very good at Paris. I expect him to be about where he was last year, he will need help to repeat. I expect Roczen to be in the mix more than last year. Musquin will be close to where he was past year but with more competition in the top 5.

Seely will step back (understandable), Barcia will step forward. Webb huge question mark. Brayton hopefully improves consistency. Rookie finishing order will be Osborne, Plessinger, Savatgy, Hill, they will all have nights in the top 5 but the last 3 will have more bad nights, dnfs and injuries.

If Reed is with JGR full time we could see a podium.

|

12/5/2018 6:50 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

blockhead17 wrote:

Hill is the only rookie that I really see getting it done

Osbourne has a very good chance at winning at least one race. Aldon said Osbourne is looking good and will be battling for wins. To me, that means he is running the same pace as Marvin and Jason during practice.

|

12/5/2018 7:06 AM

What an odd poll.

How about I blow your mind and say Osbourne wins 6 races but doesn't win the title.

|

12/5/2018 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 7:30 AM

I don't believe that Tomac will dominate SX in 2019. I think that he will win races, and may win the title, but I don't think it will be in a dominate fashion.

Guys who I think will win 450 SX races in 2019 in the order of who wins the most (not necessarily how they finish the season):
- Tomac
- Anderson
- Osbourne
- Musquin
- Roczen
- Barcia

Osbourne is not your normal rookie. He is 29 yrs old, won three 250 titles in a row before getting injured, and has probably the best trainer and training partners in the business.

|

12/5/2018 10:05 AM

Roczen for 2019 SX title

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

12/5/2018 10:42 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

Roczen for 2019 SX title

I wish he would win it, but I can only see Anderson giving Tomac a run for his money.

Unfortunately for us fans, I think you will see a much more conservative Tomac this year that wins 5-6 races but wins the championship (Just like the last 2 outdoor series-- does just enough to win the championship)

|

12/5/2018 11:01 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

Roczen for 2019 SX title

shaffstall721 wrote:

I wish he would win it, but I can only see Anderson giving Tomac a run for his money.

Unfortunately for us fans, I think you will see a much more conservative Tomac this year that wins 5-6 races but wins the championship (Just like the last 2 outdoor series-- does just enough to win the championship)

A conservative Tomac is dangerous
But I still think someone will step up and take it to him - there are like 4-5 guys that could do it

|

12/5/2018 11:13 AM

I can see Roczen winning the title. I've felt for several years that he and Tomac are slightly more talented than all the others. The horrendous accidents that each had certainly set both back and has taken some time to regain their nerve, but I don't think anyone racing here has their speed when they are confident and not timid. Others are certainly close, but at every riders best, I feel these two are slightly more talented. I realize I'm talking outdoor, but think back to the MX of Nations in Germany. Roczen finished 2nd to Cairoli in the first race and Tomac had moved up from 20th place to 3rd and was all over Roczen when he had his dramatic get off. Roczen won the 2nd race with Tomac right on his tail for 2nd. This while both were on 250's. There are definitely a few guys in MXGP now with their talent, but I feel they're the most talented racing here.

|

Honda Rules!

12/5/2018 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 11:15 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

I don’t want to see anyone get hurt ever, but he hasn’t been injured in a couple years and I feel like in this sport every 2-3 years luck pulls your card.

Wishing for good health for all these guys. If tomac stays healthy he will dominate.

Didn't he get injured at A1 last year then miss the next round and rode hurt for a few? I remember him winning a couple when he came back but I thought he said he was hurt most of the beginning of the season. But I'm with ya I hope everyone stays healthy! I'd like to see someone unexpected battling for the lead too. Gotta love the underdogs!!

|

12/5/2018 11:44 AM

Poll options are pretty restrictive....should have included "none of the above" and I coulda voted.

|

12/5/2018 11:57 AM

The most stupid guy of the SX history can not win the title. He is the Tom Cruise of SX.

|

12/5/2018 12:05 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

Roczen for 2019 SX title

shaffstall721 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

A conservative Tomac is dangerous
But I still think someone will step up and take it to him - there are like 4-5 guys that could do it

I am not a tomac fan, but I don’t believe that anyone will be consistently faster than him in a straight up race.

|