Tomac Still Has It...

6/22/2021 9:40pm
It’s a shame he put himself in such a hole, I know it’s early, but 50 points down to Dylan and Kenny is not a good situation to be in if you want a championship..
HusqFan3
6/22/2021 10:41pm
Phil109 wrote:
I don’t think he’s as willing to hang it out as often as he once was. He’s won every premier title in the sport there is...
I don’t think he’s as willing to hang it out as often as he once was. He’s won every premier title in the sport there is. Outdoors 3 times in a ROW. He’s probably only willing to kill it when he is feeling it these days like this past weekend 2nd moto. Which is kinda cool when you think about it. “Well today the bike and track is clicking. See ya.” 😂

I don’t think we will get rides like that every round or every moto but I will enjoy them when they come from now on.
I would have to agree with that statement. I don't think it's a coincidence he hasn't looked the same ever since wrapping up his SX title. There's also something to be said for AC, Sexton, and Ferrandis joining the class. Before if he was 95% he'd still have a good chance of landing on the box where now that same performance may translate to P6.
6/23/2021 9:34am
kpiper wrote:
How do you explain the difference between moto 1 and moto 2?

He looked like a different rider in moto 2. Like the 3x Champ.
The difference was the start. Didn't have to work past a lot of riders. He gets too comfortable at following pace.
Crush wrote:
It's not like he holeshot every moto during his three consecutive titles or his 4 years of winning far and away the most SX races. He's...
It's not like he holeshot every moto during his three consecutive titles or his 4 years of winning far and away the most SX races.

He's been a shit starter since ever. It's effort. Pure and simple.
Wasn't discussing his general decline the last two seasons, just the difference between Moto 1 and Moto 2 at Mount Morris
Bacon_n_Egg'r
Fantasy
1740th
6/23/2021 10:35am
It’s a shame he put himself in such a hole, I know it’s early, but 50 points down to Dylan and Kenny is not a good...
It’s a shame he put himself in such a hole, I know it’s early, but 50 points down to Dylan and Kenny is not a good situation to be in if you want a championship..
9 rounds left, 47 points down to Ferrandis and 44 to Roczen. With 18 motos left he needs to gain an average of 2.6 points per moto to be in with a chance. It's not completely impossible and there are some potential pitfalls for both the 14 and 94, the former maybe tosses a moto away and the latter maybe (historically) slows down as the season progresses. Ifs and buts. The main issue though is that Tomac pretty much has zero wiggle room left for a really bad moto or worse yet, a mechanical. I'm not an expert in calculating odds by any stretch, but I'd only give Tomac maybe a 10% chance to win the title from here onward and that is contingent on him riding like High Point moto 2, not the first 5 motos of the season.

The Shop

kpiper
6/23/2021 10:43am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2021 10:44am
Tomac is my favorite rider to watch because he makes the races more exciting and when he is flowing it is really something to see.

But, I hate to say, based on his interviews after the 2nd moto I think we will see plenty more of the 6-8th place moto finishes before the season is over.

We will probably also see some wins but they will be scattered about. He still seems (to me) that he is very unsure of what is going on with his riding right now.

He can't explain how/why he all of a sudden flipped a switch the 2nd moto. He seems to be unsure of what Eli will show up the next moto.

I hope I am wrong. If he comes out strong at Red Bud then maybe he has figured it out.

Post a reply to: Tomac Still Has It...

The Latest