Tomac Still Has It...

twotwosix
6/20/2021 7:07am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2021 10:44am
Title says it all.

Moto 2 this weekend was some of the best riding we've ever seen from the 9, 94 & 14. They were all on top of their game this weekend and Eli straight worked them in Moto 2. That 2:03 at the end of the day on that rough track, in Moto 2 was nuts. Shoutout ET3, what an impressive turn around.

|
TK40_FC
6/20/2021 7:23am
Sorry for the baseball reference, but Eli mentioned being in a 5 race slump. Sometimes you just have to get that feeling of the ball coming off the bat to get back to being a slugger.
STLSharky
6/20/2021 7:28am
Really stuck your neck out there on this
rf928
6/20/2021 8:13am
I’m protesting moto if Yamaha doesn’t have him reshoot this on a Star YZ250

The Shop

kpiper
6/20/2021 8:34am
You have to admit, what he did the second moto was as crazy as him running around in 10th. Unexplainable the difference. His first moto was a little better so maybe that was telling.

It was great to see though that he can still do it. So much fun watching him ride like that.

Congrats Eli...let's hope he can keep it going. Yamaha probably feels much better now too!
150ripper
6/20/2021 8:46am
Barring injury I don’t see why anyone would think Eli was incapable of letting her rip on a day when he’s feeling it. Like others have said, I’m in the “it’s all mental” camp. And people keep acting like the season is over, but one dnf from Dylan and Roczen and Eli is right back in this thing. I’m pulling for Dylan or Roczen, but would be glad to see Eli keep it interesting.
Crush
6/20/2021 9:24am
47 points down, be amazing if he made a run. Dylan will race hard all year tho.
SWOHIO GUY
6/20/2021 9:34am
I honestly felt him and Plessinger had the speed to get to the front in moto 1 but they got road blocked for about 3-4 laps by Webb and that took away both of their chances of getting there. If Tomac is to get back in this he will need to gain at minimum 15 points in the next 2 rounds. Still an incredible ride, I believe he was the only rider that was hitting the wood on the wall turn!
6/20/2021 9:35am
Amazing what he was able to do on that 2-stroke.
Amazing? Not really, Kawasaki let him have the factory parts on that 2 stroke! LOL🤣
TeamGreen
6/20/2021 10:02am
Amazing what he was able to do on that 2-stroke.
1911 wrote:
Amazing? Not really, Kawasaki let him have the factory parts on that 2 stroke! LOL🤣
I see what ya did there.

Nice
6/20/2021 10:17am
Johnny Hopper told me that Kawi wasn't putting works parts on Eli's bike. Maybe they installed the works parts in between motos?? 🤔😂
6/20/2021 10:31am
After Lakewood Keefer wrote that he thought Tomac would be better after the weekend off, but he said he couldn’t say why. I don’t know if that was Keefer saying he can’t say what he knows or if he was completely guessing but I took it as the former.
Darrin Willis
6/20/2021 10:40am
He needs to holeshot lots of motos to get back in the points race.
kpiper
6/20/2021 10:50am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I honestly felt him and Plessinger had the speed to get to the front in moto 1 but they got road blocked for about 3-4 laps...
I honestly felt him and Plessinger had the speed to get to the front in moto 1 but they got road blocked for about 3-4 laps by Webb and that took away both of their chances of getting there. If Tomac is to get back in this he will need to gain at minimum 15 points in the next 2 rounds. Still an incredible ride, I believe he was the only rider that was hitting the wood on the wall turn!
I think this comment about Webb blocking Tomac is totally true. He has done it at all three races.

Of course, Eli should have blown by him as KR94 has done but he didn't and there is no doubt it messed up his flow...so then it seemed he just gave up. Eli often seems to have trouble passing people. Anderson from a couple of years ago.

If you have ever raced you can relate to catching someone and then you can't get around them...it ruins your pace.
motomike137
6/20/2021 11:43am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2021 11:44am
I hope Eli shows up with a chip on his shoulder at Reddddddddd Budddddddddd!!!!!
agn5008
Fantasy
343rd
6/20/2021 12:50pm
I have missed that Eli. I hope he continues it and makes this a 3 man battle for the championship.
motomike137
6/20/2021 12:57pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I honestly felt him and Plessinger had the speed to get to the front in moto 1 but they got road blocked for about 3-4 laps...
kpiper wrote:
I think this comment about Webb blocking Tomac is totally true. He has done it at all three races. Of course, Eli should have blown by...
I think this comment about Webb blocking Tomac is totally true. He has done it at all three races.

Of course, Eli should have blown by him as KR94 has done but he didn't and there is no doubt it messed up his flow...so then it seemed he just gave up. Eli often seems to have trouble passing people. Anderson from a couple of years ago.

If you have ever raced you can relate to catching someone and then you can't get around them...it ruins your pace.
Next time Eli should just move him immediately. I'm a Webb fan but the way he is trending right now I would not hesitate to "help" him move over Wink
6/20/2021 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2021 1:09pm
TK40_FC wrote:
Sorry for the baseball reference, but Eli mentioned being in a 5 race slump. Sometimes you just have to get that feeling of the ball coming...
Sorry for the baseball reference, but Eli mentioned being in a 5 race slump. Sometimes you just have to get that feeling of the ball coming off the bat to get back to being a slugger.

Desperate times call for desperate measures!
Teej317
Fantasy
1909th
6/20/2021 2:05pm
Should be getting a call in from Eli #1 fan boy Dillon on the Pulp show this week 😂
davistld01
6/20/2021 2:13pm
The question has never been whether Eli has the capability to win this years Championship. The real question is will he continue to perform at the highest level each week against the current group of guys he’ll have to beat.
kpiper
6/20/2021 2:39pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
kpiper wrote:
I think this comment about Webb blocking Tomac is totally true. He has done it at all three races. Of course, Eli should have blown by...

Next time Eli should just move him immediately. I'm a Webb fan but the way he is trending right now I would not hesitate to "help"...
Next time Eli should just move him immediately. I'm a Webb fan but the way he is trending right now I would not hesitate to "help" him move over Wink
Agree. He just does not seem to want to do that this year.
6/20/2021 2:50pm
kpiper wrote:

Next time Eli should just move him immediately. I'm a Webb fan but the way he is trending right now I would not hesitate to "help"...
kpiper wrote:
Has he ever just moved guys out of his way?
mb60
6/20/2021 2:59pm
Eli Tomac seems to be one of the mental racers on the line.
kpiper
6/20/2021 3:04pm
kpiper wrote:
Well, good point. He has on occasion but you are right.

When he is in the zone he just seems to easily go by them like the 2nd moto yesterday.
6/20/2021 4:06pm
kpiper wrote:
kpiper wrote:
Well, good point. He has on occasion but you are right. When he is in the zone he just seems to easily go by them like...

When he is in the zone he just seems to easily go by them like the 2nd moto yesterday.
I was a huge Dungey fan and he would always frustrate me, like Tomac does, when he wouldn't force the move past a guy in front of him.
SWOHIO GUY
6/20/2021 4:41pm
kpiper wrote:
2020 supercross multiple times. He was on a mission for that title!
Lbeach180
6/20/2021 5:32pm
Finally gave him his works parts back
agn5008
Fantasy
343rd
6/20/2021 7:37pm
kpiper wrote:
Well, good point. He has on occasion but you are right. When he is in the zone he just seems to easily go by them like...

I was a huge Dungey fan and he would always frustrate me, like Tomac does, when he wouldn't force the move past a guy in front...
I was a huge Dungey fan and he would always frustrate me, like Tomac does, when he wouldn't force the move past a guy in front of him.
Dungey was rarely off the podium though. I’d imagine it was more frustrating not being a Dungey fan than what it was being a Dungey fan.
westeast
Fantasy
2nd
6/20/2021 7:46pm
I know Tomac can often start slow, but that seems to mostly apply to SX. He's had many great starts to the season in MX. I know he also has the random and too often head scratchers in both series, but this year was odd. I still can't help but think some bad blood with Kawi hurt his motivation at the start of the season. Maybe he just couldn't find his flow and was tight like he claims, but I wouldn't be surprised if bad blood caused his head to get in the way of his racing either. I respect his right to keep all this to himself, but as a fan I'd love to hear more. Whatever it is I really hope we see more of this Tomac. I'd like it even more if he can work his way back into the title hunt.
Phil109
6/20/2021 7:53pm
I don’t think he’s as willing to hang it out as often as he once was. He’s won every premier title in the sport there is. Outdoors 3 times in a ROW. He’s probably only willing to kill it when he is feeling it these days like this past weekend 2nd moto. Which is kinda cool when you think about it. “Well today the bike and track is clicking. See ya.” 😂

I don’t think we will get rides like that every round or every moto but I will enjoy them when they come from now on.

Post a reply to: Tomac Still Has It...

The Latest