Tomac Says No to Des Nations

ajv#26
7/30/2017 2:50pm
The guy who is "hammering in the weekend off" now is tired to nations? ?? Hum interesting!
mxb2
7/30/2017 2:54pm
jamma10 wrote:
Can't remember exactly what the purse breakdown is but I know it's not much - something like $4K for the winning 'team'. However Youthstream also pay...
Can't remember exactly what the purse breakdown is but I know it's not much - something like $4K for the winning 'team'. However Youthstream also pay every participating team $3K worth of travel expenses which means in total they pay out over $100K towards the riders/teams.

I'm pretty sure Tomac earned $100,000 at the MEC last year!
mxb2 wrote:
Yep 100k for a nights work, win all 3, 1 million. Easy decision
Yep wrote:
One million will still not get your name stamped in history on the Chamberlain Trophy
True,but that trophy won't make the bank account any fatter.
Overdrive
7/30/2017 3:03pm
I would love to see him go but if he doesn't its really no big deal.

If given the choice I wouldn't go either, nothing to gain and everything to lose. Take a look at the injury list right now and tell me doing this for NOTHING is worth the risk.

Put some money on the line for these guys, someone is making a mint off this race and its not the top riders or teams.

Enjoy the weekend off Eli and go win some money at Monster.

Others will go and do their best for the USA, we will all support them!
7/30/2017 3:06pm
Motofinne wrote:
I don't understand the "lets not send the US team because Youthstream fucks us over" MXdN has been in late September for years. The date of...
I don't understand the "lets not send the US team because Youthstream fucks us over"

MXdN has been in late September for years. The date of MXdN has NOT changed through the years.

I also don't agree with Matthes when he says that MXdN would be almost nothing without the US team because they are the biggest attraction. Yes they are because it's the only time Euros get to see them but no US team at the race would not change anything, people all over Europe and the world would still show up and have a good time and celebrate the sport over a weekend of racing with or without US being there.
@Motofinne but the MXdN w/o the USA is just another MXGP race. I don't see how you can say it would be just as big of an event and hold the same enthusiasm w/o the USA's involvement. But then I'm not a Euro so I really don't know and maybe i'm wrong. lol

The Shop

Yep
7/30/2017 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 3:21pm
Motofinne wrote:
I don't understand the "lets not send the US team because Youthstream fucks us over" MXdN has been in late September for years. The date of...
I don't understand the "lets not send the US team because Youthstream fucks us over"

MXdN has been in late September for years. The date of MXdN has NOT changed through the years.

I also don't agree with Matthes when he says that MXdN would be almost nothing without the US team because they are the biggest attraction. Yes they are because it's the only time Euros get to see them but no US team at the race would not change anything, people all over Europe and the world would still show up and have a good time and celebrate the sport over a weekend of racing with or without US being there.
@Motofinne but the MXdN w/o the USA is just another MXGP race. I don't see how you can say it would be just as big of...
@Motofinne but the MXdN w/o the USA is just another MXGP race. I don't see how you can say it would be just as big of an event and hold the same enthusiasm w/o the USA's involvement. But then I'm not a Euro so I really don't know and maybe i'm wrong. lol
There's many countries that compete that have no riders in the GPs or ever will, but it's desire and pride to accomplish a feat such as the MXoN representing thier country as the 3 best riders they have. Seeing the Nigerian bobsled motocross team ( fictional) even attempt it and getting the full fanfare and respect as the elite pros is something to respect even though they are 3 laps down in the B final
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/30/2017 3:16pm
TripleFive wrote:
I heard that Eli has been taking a knee during the National Anthem, too.

How about a knee to your account's nuts?
7/30/2017 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 4:56pm
USA shouldn't go until they change the date? All I hear is a bunch of people saying, "I'm scared we'll lose to the French team again.". Excuses, excuses, excuses.
7/30/2017 3:24pm
DP#201 wrote:
Guess it only fun to race if you know(think) you gonna win! He realized after his last attempts that it not that easy or obvious that...
Guess it only fun to race if you know(think) you gonna win! He realized after his last attempts that it not that easy or obvious that he will win the biggest race of the year. And then its easier to just stay away.. I think it's very obvious, at least to me it is.
@DP#201 - Tomac swept the top GP guys last year for 4 straight moto's which weren't even close. So after beating the top MXGP guys 2 weekends in a row, 4 moto's I don't think he's worried about losing during the MXdN. In fact Tomac will race the top MGXP class guys during this year's MXGP so it's not like he's afraid to race them and lose as he will still race them this year for what will be 6 moto's against the MXGP class in 2 yrs.
Motofinne
7/30/2017 3:25pm
Motofinne wrote:

@Motofinne but the MXdN w/o the USA is just another MXGP race. I don't see how you can say it would be just as big of...
The thing is, it wont be "just another GP". It will be exactly the same as any other MXdN when it comes to attendance and atmosphere. The only thing that would be missing is a contender for the win and that would be unfortunate but it wont make or break the race.

There is a reason why guys like Matthes usually say that a MXdN in Europe is something special.

The only thing i have to criticize YS is the very little help that they hand out to all the countries, not only US. This race is huge and YS should share more of the money they make from it. Team US is far from the only team that has a long trip to a European MXdN.
mxdad552
7/30/2017 3:31pm
Represent your country used to be a pride and a privilege, now it is an obligation. Money talk.
Sodipop
7/30/2017 3:31pm
I hope next year that MXGP and MX sports can coordinate and have the final races on the same weekend and then have MXDN a week or two after. Also, the Monster Cup could move to November and I don't see why that would be problem.

I hope Marvin races the US GP. All I really want to see is the AMA best vs the GP best so I don't mind that much that Tomac isn't going
7/30/2017 3:37pm
Motofinne wrote:
The thing is, it wont be "just another GP". It will be exactly the same as any other MXdN when it comes to attendance and atmosphere...
The thing is, it wont be "just another GP". It will be exactly the same as any other MXdN when it comes to attendance and atmosphere. The only thing that would be missing is a contender for the win and that would be unfortunate but it wont make or break the race.

There is a reason why guys like Matthes usually say that a MXdN in Europe is something special.

The only thing i have to criticize YS is the very little help that they hand out to all the countries, not only US. This race is huge and YS should share more of the money they make from it. Team US is far from the only team that has a long trip to a European MXdN.
Ok
Hut
7/30/2017 3:42pm
Motofinne wrote:

Yep wrote:
There's many countries that compete that have no riders in the GPs or ever will, but it's desire and pride to accomplish a feat such as...
There's many countries that compete that have no riders in the GPs or ever will, but it's desire and pride to accomplish a feat such as the MXoN representing thier country as the 3 best riders they have. Seeing the Nigerian bobsled motocross team ( fictional) even attempt it and getting the full fanfare and respect as the elite pros is something to respect even though they are 3 laps down in the B final
Yea ok if that ever happens have fun respecting Kuwait....lol
Overdrive
7/30/2017 3:44pm
mxdad552 wrote:
Represent your country used to be a pride and a privilege, now it is an obligation. Money talk.
Bikes used to be a lot slower, tracks used to be safer, injures used to be less during the normal season. The sport has evolved into a more professional, high paying show with much more on the line each year..

Jason Anderson could have lost it all because someone who shouldn't really have been on the track with him landed on him. Im sorry but he can't cash a pride and privilege check at the bank for the time he would spend off due to injury.

Its a huge risk.

Again pride and privilege pay nothing to the rider, and the promoter makes a mint. I'm not saying riders shouldn't be proud of the privilege to represent the country but at what cost to them?
jeffro503
7/30/2017 3:45pm
Some of the replies in this thread? Can't believe Eli's decision affected your lives that bad.

This isn't 1 country against all the other countries thing here.....it's an American race schedule trying to coincide with the GP schedule.

It's AMA riders trying to fit this race into an FIM schedule....which just so happens sucks because the people who schedule both can't seem to make it work.

I love the MXoN's race....but the timing of it sucks for ALL AMA racers.

Btw...I would rather our boys participate in the MXoN's race then the damn MEC race. But the world for these guys don't work like that.
500guy
7/30/2017 3:45pm
jamma10 wrote:
Can't remember exactly what the purse breakdown is but I know it's not much - something like $4K for the winning 'team'. However Youthstream also pay...
Can't remember exactly what the purse breakdown is but I know it's not much - something like $4K for the winning 'team'. However Youthstream also pay every participating team $3K worth of travel expenses which means in total they pay out over $100K towards the riders/teams.

I'm pretty sure Tomac earned $100,000 at the MEC last year!
mxb2 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
That's what it boils down to unfortunately.
Not a hard decision when Youthstream makes 100000:1 over riders and teams

it's the most sentimental race of the year and YS goes to the bank on it, everyone else gets to do it for

"the love of the sport"
mauidex
7/30/2017 3:47pm
its just not the same as it was a couple decades ago for todays riders, blame any of a multitude of things..........many of us grew up with the dream and desire of europe and GPs..........today SX is king and the rest of the world really doesn't matter.......like car racing kids, not many of the last few generations dreamed of being F1 WORLD champion, NASCAR is king............sucks that we can't send our best but on the flip side if and when we do win against the other countries best makes it that much better
Overdrive
7/30/2017 3:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Not a hard decision when Youthstream makes 100000:1 over riders and teams it's the most sentimental race of the year and YS goes to the bank...

it's the most sentimental race of the year and YS goes to the bank on it, everyone else gets to do it for

"the love of the sport"
They need to donate all the profits to a charity, see how they like to do it for the love of the sport.
Bigjimmyd
7/30/2017 3:53pm
dkg wrote:
While I may disagree with some riders' decisions about priorities, USA should send riders that really want to represent their country at the MXoN. Seems to...
While I may disagree with some riders' decisions about priorities, USA should send riders that really want to represent their country at the MXoN. Seems to me the only way we stand a chance of winning is if we send riders that want to be there. Once upon a time, national pride seemed to mean something.

In the future, USA should evaluate participation in the MXoN dependent on accommodations made to USA scheduling and racing requirements.
I agree! It used to be an honor to ride for the USA and guys were stoked to get selected to ride! Remember back in the day we used to bitch and complain because certain riders were not picked to go? Now they just don't want to go! Used to be about Pride and representing our Country at the biggest race of the year! We as fans couldn't wait for the MXON's! The Top 3 riders from the USA representing the greatest nation in the world! And we would dominate! Now we get ( no disrespect) 3 mid pack guys and get our asses kicked! I know I wanna see our top 3 guys go over there and dominate like we did back in the day! I wanna see another Villopoto ride a 250 and smoke the field!! Something needs to be done!
mauidex
7/30/2017 4:08pm
Bigjimmyd wrote:
I agree! It used to be an honor to ride for the USA and guys were stoked to get selected to ride! Remember back in the...
I agree! It used to be an honor to ride for the USA and guys were stoked to get selected to ride! Remember back in the day we used to bitch and complain because certain riders were not picked to go? Now they just don't want to go! Used to be about Pride and representing our Country at the biggest race of the year! We as fans couldn't wait for the MXON's! The Top 3 riders from the USA representing the greatest nation in the world! And we would dominate! Now we get ( no disrespect) 3 mid pack guys and get our asses kicked! I know I wanna see our top 3 guys go over there and dominate like we did back in the day! I wanna see another Villopoto ride a 250 and smoke the field!! Something needs to be done!
only way to fix it would be to have a SXdN.............THAT would change everything!!!!!WoohooWoohooWoohoo
SwingHard
7/30/2017 4:09pm
So Tomacs not going. Can anyone confirm Team USA???
APLMAN99
7/30/2017 4:17pm
I wish Tomac was racing the MXoN, but it's certainly not a question of patriotism on his part. Racing the event isn't anything equivocal to defending your country or anything.
Hut
7/30/2017 4:23pm
jamma10 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Not a hard decision when Youthstream makes 100000:1 over riders and teams it's the most sentimental race of the year and YS goes to the bank...

"the love of the sport"
Overdrive wrote:
They need to donate all the profits to a charity, see how they like to do it for the love of the sport.
Hell Yes! I bet that would change a few riders minds. Podium teams pick the charities! Then riders would feel differently I bet.
Hut
7/30/2017 4:27pm
Hut wrote:
It would mean more to our country if the only other thing we had to look forward to is soccer but this America.
F.B wrote:
How can someone be that ignorant?
Don't worry just being facetious.
mxb2
7/30/2017 4:44pm
SwingHard wrote:
Unadilla, team will be announced.
Ozzy
7/30/2017 4:46pm
I think Every1's wrong!!
His plates not like the others..
Monster's in the Drivers Seat here!!
Monster MXGP, Monster Cup..pretty obvious I think.
MXoN is a Redbull event!!
Contracts have Schedules of Events.
I bet MXoN is not on his & not on Kawi's Calendar either.
At some point we ALL have Bosses or Contracts.
F.B
7/30/2017 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 6:03pm
Ozzy wrote:
I think Every1's wrong!! His plates not like the others.. Monster's in the Drivers Seat here!! Monster MXGP, Monster Cup..pretty obvious I think. MXoN is a...
I think Every1's wrong!!
His plates not like the others..
Monster's in the Drivers Seat here!!
Monster MXGP, Monster Cup..pretty obvious I think.
MXoN is a Redbull event!!
Contracts have Schedules of Events.
I bet MXoN is not on his & not on Kawi's Calendar either.
At some point we ALL have Bosses or Contracts.
The MXDN has been a Monster event since 2011.
F.B
7/30/2017 5:33pm
Bigjimmyd wrote:
I agree! It used to be an honor to ride for the USA and guys were stoked to get selected to ride! Remember back in the...
Mid pack guys?

Dungey
Bagget
Barcia

Dungey
Tomac
Barcia

Dungey
Jeremy Martin
Tomac

Barcia
Jeremy Martin
Webb

Webb
Alex Martin
Anderson
BobPA
7/30/2017 6:05pm
SwingHard wrote:
Zach Osbourne, Ddavis, and Brandon

In reality we could get a bunch of mid-pack C riders from Lorettas and stomp those Euro's

Post a reply to: Tomac Says No to Des Nations

The Latest