Tomac Says No to Des Nations

oldrider
7/30/2017 2:10am
Surprised everyone is taking this so well considering all the guys that declined to go in the past and got shit for it
rutsmash wrote:
I think people are finally fed up with the fact that they arrange this around the MXGP schedule and not the AMA schedule so the US...
I think people are finally fed up with the fact that they arrange this around the MXGP schedule and not the AMA schedule so the US guys get the short end. The World vs the US is one of the main draws so the US should not send a team until they decide to compromise on the schedule.
Yep wrote:
I agree, so much trouble and effort for nothing
I don't get it, MXGP last race in Sept 16, last AMA race is August 26; so MXGP guys have 2 weeks and US team 3 weeks to prepare for MXOD....what is the problem???
Then MEC is 2 weeks after MXON, plenty of time again.
MXON is the olympic of motocross, the most important race of the year and I cannot justify a rider that decide not to go and represent his own country.
Sully
7/30/2017 2:18am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 2:20am
Cashmore wrote:
Let's see...

JA21
JM6 lets see what he can do on that 450
Osbourne
51xc wrote:
I'd pick the same. Solid team.
I really like the idea of this team. I completely forgot about JMart's ride at Daytona in my original post. Plus he's moving up for outdoors next year, and the team does have a (moderate) history of bringing the next guy moving up.
JP_93
7/30/2017 2:43am
Pathetic from Tomac, Team USA just cant handle losing, simple as that.
How can people say that the AMA have so many races..... 1 SATURDAY EACH WEEKEND! MXGP have 19 Rounds, 2 days riding, 38 races, + 19 qualifying races, and travelling the Globe, and still desperate to race at the Nations.
I was at Maggiora last year and felt for team USA, came so close and apart from being a Brit i wanted them to win just on sheer effort they put in, they were brilliant. But the fact that Tomac has decided he doesnt want to go is just ridiculous, and arrogant. Biggest race of the year, and its us the spectators who makes him the money and have the life that he has, and he cant even be bothered to show his face for one weekend and represent the country he so called loves! PATHETIC!
Bidirella
7/30/2017 2:58am
I dont understand Monster Energy, they have Monster Cup and are the big sponsor of the MXDN. You want the best riders at both right? They are a American brand, you want the best American riders and the team to win right? Now an American Monster racer pulls out of the MXDN, to get ready for an other race for the 2nd time. Its crazy that Monster let him race a USGP above a MXDN imo.

Monster having a big hand in both races,the should change dates for the events. To make it for everybody possible en willing to go!

Monster is a big part of the sport right now, but like this the MXDN will get killed.

I dont blame Tomac, Its just to much for those guys. The big People need to change it.

The Shop

7/30/2017 3:02am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 3:04am
blame the MEC or Monster Energy ... not that hard to see where the problem is
dont blame the riders

dont need Tomac to win it , at the end of the day USA will sent a team that has a real shot to win
Flip109
7/30/2017 3:11am
I can understand his reasons. But it's pretty sad year after year our best choose not to line up. Extremely disappointed.

I say dump the MEC. Get all that prize money and put it up for grabs at the The Monster Energy Motocross of Nations! Now you'd have some America participation lol
RG1
7/30/2017 3:11am
Huevos wrote:
It's been 3 years... and even with America's "B Team" it's been damn close the last two years, including the time we were down a rider...
It's been 3 years... and even with America's "B Team" it's been damn close the last two years, including the time we were down a rider in the last moto.
struth wrote:
2thefront wrote:
I'd say 2011. 2013 RV was pretty dominant in MX and didn't go to mxdn.
2014 was the last time they sent their A team. I don't know how they could've sent a better team than Dungey Tomac and J Mart
Fonzarelli
7/30/2017 3:17am
Stop blaming Monster or anyone else. Eli is a grown ass man and he's the only one at fault. If it's contractual, Eli is the one who signed the contract.

Next year, when it's in America and Eli wants to go I hope they tell him no.
jemcee
7/30/2017 3:18am
Flip109 wrote:
I can understand his reasons. But it's pretty sad year after year our best choose not to line up. Extremely disappointed. I say dump the MEC...
I can understand his reasons. But it's pretty sad year after year our best choose not to line up. Extremely disappointed.

I say dump the MEC. Get all that prize money and put it up for grabs at the The Monster Energy Motocross of Nations! Now you'd have some America participation lol
Haha I've always thought if you made a one off mx event with the monster million it would be massive!! Riders from both series would get involved and as much as I love the des nations (and I do) I reckon it would be bigger
RG1
7/30/2017 3:19am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 4:07am
Surprised everyone is taking this so well considering all the guys that declined to go in the past and got shit for it
rutsmash wrote:
I think people are finally fed up with the fact that they arrange this around the MXGP schedule and not the AMA schedule so the US...
I think people are finally fed up with the fact that they arrange this around the MXGP schedule and not the AMA schedule so the US guys get the short end. The World vs the US is one of the main draws so the US should not send a team until they decide to compromise on the schedule.
This is complete BS. It's arranged around the MXGP schedule because the event is organised by the same people who organise the GP's, and the vast majority of the riders race in Europe. Why would they organise it around the AMA schedule when only 5% of the competitors (at the very most) ride in that series. The MXdN is at the same time that it always has been. The only thing that has changed is the US schedule. It is completely and utterly self inflicted that the US guys get the short end. It used to be no problem when the nationals finished later and there was no MEC. The arrogance is unbelievable. It's completely our fault that the timing of this event sucks for us but we aren't coming until you do something about it.
7/30/2017 3:33am
My picks are

Jason Anderson
Zachary Osborne
Aaron Plessinger or Jeremy Martin
robkinuk
7/30/2017 3:42am
JP_93 wrote:
Pathetic from Tomac, Team USA just cant handle losing, simple as that. How can people say that the AMA have so many races..... 1 SATURDAY EACH...
How can people say that the AMA have so many races..... 1 SATURDAY EACH WEEKEND! MXGP have 19 Rounds, 2 days riding, 38 races, + 19 qualifying races, and travelling the Globe, and still desperate to race at the Nations.
I was at Maggiora last year and felt for team USA, came so close and apart from being a Brit i wanted them to win just on sheer effort they put in, they were brilliant. But the fact that Tomac has decided he doesnt want to go is just ridiculous, and arrogant. Biggest race of the year, and its us the spectators who makes him the money and have the life that he has, and he cant even be bothered to show his face for one weekend and represent the country he so called loves! PATHETIC!
Well said!
MR. X
7/30/2017 4:06am
Stank dog , J-law , Osborne
Motofinne
7/30/2017 4:26am
rutsmash wrote:
RG1 wrote:
This is complete BS. It's arranged around the MXGP schedule because the event is organised by the same people who organise the GP's, and the vast...
This is complete BS. It's arranged around the MXGP schedule because the event is organised by the same people who organise the GP's, and the vast majority of the riders race in Europe. Why would they organise it around the AMA schedule when only 5% of the competitors (at the very most) ride in that series. The MXdN is at the same time that it always has been. The only thing that has changed is the US schedule. It is completely and utterly self inflicted that the US guys get the short end. It used to be no problem when the nationals finished later and there was no MEC. The arrogance is unbelievable. It's completely our fault that the timing of this event sucks for us but we aren't coming until you do something about it.
Spot on.
Xavier
7/30/2017 4:28am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 4:32am
Sucks to say, but I hope we don't even send a team. Osborne is our only top guy and he really wants to go, but we...
Sucks to say, but I hope we don't even send a team. Osborne is our only top guy and he really wants to go, but we need to be able to send our best team.
Swann wrote:
No dude. We're America, not France. We don't give up, ever, especially in fucking England. Ze Germans are coming.
On another hand, if you were France, you'd be enjoying a winning streak of three (and counting) at this event !

Can't have it all.
Fiar
7/30/2017 4:37am
Pff what a joke...but they all show up at GP of America....
7/30/2017 4:43am
This is a bummer, but who can blame him. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/29/207103/s1200_IMG_1878.jpg[/img]
This is a bummer, but who can blame him.

I blame him..
He needs to get an MXDN win on the board. Someone needs to offer him more money to go.
7/30/2017 4:56am
Anderson, and Osborne for sure.

Seely is riding very well right now but he has to favor Matterly basin style of track/soil.

If a 250 guy is brought up it needs to be Alex Martin who actually raced a season on a 450 and can handle the MXDN enviroment better than his brother, AP, ect...
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
7/30/2017 5:37am
I think some people here are getting the wrong idea from Steve (PulpMX).MXDN will go on with or without US team.Better be in,do the best we can and whatever happens happens.No shame in that.
downard254
7/30/2017 5:42am
Huevos wrote:
Hard to win the damn thing when the top US racers never seem to want to do it anymore. Monster promotes the MXdN as well... I'm...
Hard to win the damn thing when the top US racers never seem to want to do it anymore. Monster promotes the MXdN as well... I'm completely at a loss as to why they'd prefer Tomac show up to a race no one cares about and no one's gonna watch (in the US) compared to the MXdN.

The MXGP class is just too stacked to beat without our champions going there and representing the US.
That sounds vaguely familiar to 1982
downard254
7/30/2017 5:46am
dkg wrote:
While I may disagree with some riders' decisions about priorities, USA should send riders that really want to represent their country at the MXoN. Seems to...
While I may disagree with some riders' decisions about priorities, USA should send riders that really want to represent their country at the MXoN. Seems to me the only way we stand a chance of winning is if we send riders that want to be there. Once upon a time, national pride seemed to mean something.

In the future, USA should evaluate participation in the MXoN dependent on accommodations made to USA scheduling and racing requirements.
I really like this post.
hellion
7/30/2017 5:55am
Fonzarelli wrote:
Stop blaming Monster or anyone else. Eli is a grown ass man and he's the only one at fault. If it's contractual, Eli is the one...
Stop blaming Monster or anyone else. Eli is a grown ass man and he's the only one at fault. If it's contractual, Eli is the one who signed the contract.

Next year, when it's in America and Eli wants to go I hope they tell him no.
This X1000!

He should not be given the opportunity represent our country again, especially next year on home soil. Guys like A-Mart and Osborne who rode it for team Puerto Rico just because they wanted to be there, or Webb or Barcia who race just because they like racing should be given the chances. For me, if a 'B' team went and managed to win, that would be the ultimate.
MX690
7/30/2017 6:02am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 6:03am
Idp57 wrote:
I think some people here are getting the wrong idea from Steve (PulpMX).MXDN will go on with or without US team.Better be in,do the best we...
I think some people here are getting the wrong idea from Steve (PulpMX).MXDN will go on with or without US team.Better be in,do the best we can and whatever happens happens.No shame in that.
Matthes usually has some good points, but I 100% diagree with his stand on the US team and the Mxdn. It comes across like "do what we want or we'll take our bat and ball and go home" it comes across pretty arrogant and that's strange being that he's Canadian, besides we've heard what he was like when Canada didn't send a team, but now he's advocating for the US not to send a team WTF.
oldrider
7/30/2017 6:13am
JP_93 wrote:
Pathetic from Tomac, Team USA just cant handle losing, simple as that. How can people say that the AMA have so many races..... 1 SATURDAY EACH...
agreed!
RG1
7/30/2017 6:27am
Idp57 wrote:
I think some people here are getting the wrong idea from Steve (PulpMX).MXDN will go on with or without US team.Better be in,do the best we...
MX690 wrote:
Matthes usually has some good points, but I 100% diagree with his stand on the US team and the Mxdn. It comes across like "do what...
Matthes usually has some good points, but I 100% diagree with his stand on the US team and the Mxdn. It comes across like "do what we want or we'll take our bat and ball and go home" it comes across pretty arrogant and that's strange being that he's Canadian, besides we've heard what he was like when Canada didn't send a team, but now he's advocating for the US not to send a team WTF.
Right? It's not hard to see why there's such a US vs The world attitude at MXdN when you hear guys like Matthes say stuff like that. I know he says 'I'm a Canadian and even I say that' but he's been involved in the US Moto scene for 20 years, it's not like he's unbiased. Now I will fully admit that without Team USA there the MXdN would not be as good, but to claim that they are out and out the stars of the show that make or break the event is arrogant and also about 3-4 years out of date. Back when RC, JS7, RV, Dungey were coming over you might be able to say that. Those guys were legends of the sport and, especially Carmichael and Stew, were a level above anything we could see over here at that time. Times have changed a little, but US involvement is still important for everyone.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/30/2017 6:54am
The nationals started to end earlier so they did not have to compete with football in September, riders don't want MEC later in the year because if they get hurt it will be to close to supercross. The Motocross des Europe has always been a cool race to watch the rest of the world consistently go to the same few tracks in Europe but there are at least 29 races a year that Elis sponsors for example think are a bigger deal, wrong or not it's not gonna get any better and let's not forget American riders have been turning this event down since the early 90s and I'm sure even before that.
dboivin
7/30/2017 7:02am
PRM31 wrote:
The MX De Nations is Oct 1st. Not much elk hunting then in CO. September is archery season though, at least through the 24th. Maybe he...
The MX De Nations is Oct 1st. Not much elk hunting then in CO. September is archery season though, at least through the 24th. Maybe he doesn't want to miss any of that?

US should send riders who want to go. Disappointed Eli apparently doesn't want to go.
he is a bowhunter. so yes.

Post a reply to: Tomac Says No to Des Nations

The Latest