Tomac Managing The Title??

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2019 2:25 AM

He put on a good charge to catch Musquin, but then fell off the pace. Do you think he settled in and grabbed the 26 point lead...or he was legit tired from last weekend?

|

KTM Keys to the moto:
Get a good start
Don't blow it

6/30/2019 2:28 AM

Tired

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

6/30/2019 3:05 AM

He got beat, "straight up"!

|

6/30/2019 3:36 AM

He was "legit tired" from 50 minutes of playing in the sandbox.

|

6/30/2019 3:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2019 3:48 AM

He got beat mano a mano.

|

6/30/2019 3:56 AM

That was the most tired I’ve see tomac in awhile if ever. But It does look like he’s managing this thing. Maybe I missed something but, did any one notice team aldon struggling then the last 2 races they are the only top guys riding press day? Now three contending for wins? Coincidence?

|

6/30/2019 4:55 AM

wolf918 wrote:

That was the most tired I’ve see tomac in awhile if ever. But It does look like he’s managing this thing. Maybe I missed something but, did any one notice team aldon struggling then the last 2 races they are the only top guys riding press day? Now three contending for wins? Coincidence?

I believe Tomac rode press day at the first couple of nationals, and he hasn't since then.

|

KTM Keys to the moto:
Get a good start
Don't blow it

6/30/2019 5:05 AM

Marv broke him devil

|

6/30/2019 5:34 AM

yak651 wrote:

Marv broke him devil

Marv has good momentum going, but break Eli...I don't think so.

|

KTM Keys to the moto:
Get a good start
Don't blow it

6/30/2019 6:50 AM

Didn't have it yesterday. Got tired and settled. Gained points on the championship. Overall good day for him I'd say.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

6/30/2019 6:58 AM

"There's no Ricky, James, Jeremy, RV, Dungey, these kinds of guys. People are going to love and hate that answer, but I just don't see greatness." -CR22
|

6/30/2019 7:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2019 7:01 AM

Think it was smart IMO. He came from a ways back and when Marv responded it was clear he was tired, maybe last week lingering.

But really, why blow himself up for two points, risk a crash and not get the overall anyways.

Mid-way in the series he’s got a healthy lead and a few good tracks for him coming up.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


6/30/2019 7:12 AM

Ericrob7 wrote:

Marv has good momentum going, but break Eli...I don't think so.

Photo
|

6/30/2019 7:14 AM

yak651 wrote:

Marv broke him devil

Ericrob7 wrote:

Marv has good momentum going, but break Eli...I don't think so.

To be fair, Eli can be "broken" by ill fitting pants or if his seat is 1/100 of a millimeter too high, so it's not too much of a stretch.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

6/30/2019 8:09 AM

It’s a crazy year. Tomac hard to figure out as well as others.
Reeds comment wrings more true. In the past if you knew Ricky or RV started 15th or even last they were going to be up front to win. Not like that anymore.

I don’t know if that’s a lack of greatness or just so many damn good riders that you don’t know who is going to win.

|

6/30/2019 8:24 AM

When Dungey would go 2-3 On the day he was smart,he was managing the title,the points lead.
Tomac goes 2-3, has a 26 point lead at the half way point in the series and people start wondering what's wrong!
The Last two weeks Tomac has shown ALOT of maturity if you ask me. And I'm not really a Tomac fan.

|

6/30/2019 8:26 AM

Yesterday, Marvin had him covered. Eli could go as fast as Marv, but he would spend much more energy doing so. Marv was smoother and more efficient.

And Zacho! Damn, that guy will be dangerous from here on out. That speed and his fitness seems to be super atm.

|

6/30/2019 8:29 AM

SwingHard wrote:

When Dungey would go 2-3 On the day he was smart,he was managing the title,the points lead.
Tomac goes 2-3, has a 26 point lead at the half way point in the series and people start wondering what's wrong!
The Last two weeks Tomac has shown ALOT of maturity if you ask me. And I'm not really a Tomac fan.

And the Tomac fan boys would rail on Dungey for being "boring" and not having the raw speed...

|

6/30/2019 8:47 AM

yak651 wrote:

Marv broke him devil

Ericrob7 wrote:

Marv has good momentum going, but break Eli...I don't think so.

freebroctickle wrote:

To be fair, Eli can be "broken" by ill fitting pants or if his seat is 1/100 of a millimeter too high, so it's not too much of a stretch.

To be fair 90 percent of the riders out there say they aren’t comfortable when they have a bad day.

|

6/30/2019 8:52 AM

Ericrob7 wrote:

Marv has good momentum going, but break Eli...I don't think so.

freebroctickle wrote:

To be fair, Eli can be "broken" by ill fitting pants or if his seat is 1/100 of a millimeter too high, so it's not too much of a stretch.

Dust601 wrote:

To be fair 90 percent of the riders out there say they aren’t comfortable when they have a bad day.

To be fair, 90% of riders aren't held to the same standards as Eli Tomac, so no1curr.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

6/30/2019 8:53 AM

Crush wrote:

Think it was smart IMO. He came from a ways back and when Marv responded it was clear he was tired, maybe last week lingering.

But really, why blow himself up for two points, risk a crash and not get the overall anyways.

Mid-way in the series he’s got a healthy lead and a few good tracks for him coming up.

Bingo

|

6/30/2019 9:05 AM

Eli’s gotten smarter.

That’s all I’m seeing.

If he brings this mentality to SX in 2020...?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/30/2019 9:10 AM

Keep in mind the ‘18 had several seasons of development from several race series. The ‘19 is a new chassis so you’d expect there to be some learning and development. I’ve ridden both the ‘16-‘18 and the ‘19 and the ‘19 was hands down better IMO. Eli has stated he likes it better. They will figure things out soon enough.

|

6/30/2019 9:30 AM

He clearly said in post race interview that he burned himself out catching Marv. Said he had to work too hard passing the guys to catch him. This was simply an issue of not getting the start that the other guys got. Lap 1, Tomac crossed 8th... It was an 11th or 12th place start. Too many guys going mega fast this year.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/30/2019 9:32 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Eli’s gotten smarter.

That’s all I’m seeing.

If he brings this mentality to SX in 2020...?

.....coupled with front brakes that don’t lock up when he falls over? Instant millionairesmile

|

6/30/2019 9:33 AM

He caught Marv in moto 2 with about 6 minutes plus 2 to go, then made a mistake that cost multiple seconds. I think Eli figures it would be smarter to finish 3rd than go outside his comfort zone to try to get him again.

One thing I don’t understand is Eli’s gate selection. I saw it at High Point(was there) then again at Southwick, he chooses much farther outside then what everyone else chooses. If I were him I wouldn’t be focusing on perfect angle when you consider the jumps that he gets. At High Point and Southwick Moto 2 he got boxed out both times and started outside the top 10. I think this year has shown that a mid pack starts is death sentence. Anyone else notice this?

|

6/30/2019 9:34 AM

280driver wrote:

Keep in mind the ‘18 had several seasons of development from several race series. The ‘19 is a new chassis so you’d expect there to be some learning and development. I’ve ridden both the ‘16-‘18 and the ‘19 and the ‘19 was hands down better IMO. Eli has stated he likes it better. They will figure things out soon enough.

Winner winner

|

6/30/2019 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2019 11:48 AM

SWOHIO GUY wrote:

He caught Marv in moto 2 with about 6 minutes plus 2 to go, then made a mistake that cost multiple seconds. I think Eli figures it would be smarter to finish 3rd than go outside his comfort zone to try to get him again.

One thing I don’t understand is Eli’s gate selection. I saw it at High Point(was there) then again at Southwick, he chooses much farther outside then what everyone else chooses. If I were him I wouldn’t be focusing on perfect angle when you consider the jumps that he gets. At High Point and Southwick Moto 2 he got boxed out both times and started outside the top 10. I think this year has shown that a mid pack starts is death sentence. Anyone else notice this?

You are 100% right! When I saw him lined up where he did I could not believe it! That cost him the win at Southwick.

How could he make such an error in judgment (twice, got lucky moto one)? He should have picked where Cooper Webb did second moto.

Bad starts have cost Eli multiple championships and many, many wins.

|

6/30/2019 10:52 AM

SwingHard wrote:

When Dungey would go 2-3 On the day he was smart,he was managing the title,the points lead.
Tomac goes 2-3, has a 26 point lead at the half way point in the series and people start wondering what's wrong!
The Last two weeks Tomac has shown ALOT of maturity if you ask me. And I'm not really a Tomac fan.

yak651 wrote:

And the Tomac fan boys would rail on Dungey for being "boring" and not having the raw speed...

I never heard of Dungey saying he was tired. He may not have put all the speed out there all the time but catching up to competitors and then backing down because he’s tired, no. Baker boys don’t do that.

|

6/30/2019 11:17 AM

freebroctickle wrote:

To be fair, 90% of riders aren't held to the same standards as Eli Tomac, so no1curr.

I would say there isn’t any rider held to the same standard as Tomac at least in the eyes of the fans/media. I can’t imagine what people would say if he ever went 10-11 in the same fashion Roczen did.

|