Tomac, "I am ok with that"

yz133rider
7/17/2019 9:07pm
Sounds a lot like Ciaroli. It's worked out well for him.
BobbyM wrote:
Headcase still, opposite of AC
Opposite meaning AC hasn’t won any championships and Eli has many? 🤣
Believe they are talking about cairoli, multi time champ
nytsmaC
7/17/2019 10:05pm
BobbyM wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
0 supercross championships
7/17/2019 10:18pm
BobbyM wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
I should learn to read before I post 🤣🤣🤣
yz133rider
7/17/2019 10:41pm
yz133rider wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
In as many attempts as well.

The Shop

Lightning78
7/17/2019 11:18pm
gt80rider wrote:
Truthfully, if you are one of the FMOTP, your bank account is legit, and your "work" is racing dirt bikes.... the smart move is to do...
Truthfully, if you are one of the FMOTP, your bank account is legit, and your "work" is racing dirt bikes.... the smart move is to do exactly as he is.... keep it on two freakn wheels and watch the zeros keep on piling up....

But......... some racers seem to care less then "back in the day"...... they retire earlier- because it is easier/safer for them....... we used to strive to do the hard things...... now many people only strive to hit a certain checkpoint, then put it on cruise control..... riders used to strives to break ALL the records....... now they seem to strive for early retirement..... change in society I know.... but.....
zehn wrote:
kIdS tHeSe dAyS aMiRiTe
Ummm ya ur rite
Dropbear
7/18/2019 12:01am
BobbyM wrote:
Lol, there’s a whole world out there guys.
ledger
7/18/2019 12:59am
Wish you guy's could hear my 80 year old Mom talk about Eli's corner speed, and she never misses a race...on TV of coarse. Hope he can put in three more year's and take a SX C-ship. Reminds me of Dale Earnhardt Sr. and the Daytona 500...which he finally won after soooo many year's.
HusqFan3
7/18/2019 2:39am
BobbyM wrote:
100% agree!! I mean, sure there are idiots out there that will combat that notion with their annoying “facts”

e.g. 2X defending MX Champ who has yet to finish off the podium through 7 rounds and currently leads the series by a comfortable margin but like you said, total basket case man, no doubt about it...

And don’t even get me started on what a loudmouth, cocky, prick he is. In post race interviews/pressers he might as well be a Mohammad Ali/Deon Sanders reincarnate only with less humility.
BernieMadof
7/18/2019 5:48am
What left does he have to prove? Go have fun and make tons of money in your last few years. Good for him, rather retire and walk, than be forced to retire in a chair for the rest of my life. He has been a joy to the sport and has taken it to another level. Anyone that says they would not do the same with his bank account is full of shit.
7/18/2019 5:54am
Lots of ET hate, but if he seals his 3rd in a row MX title and gets a SX title before he retires he is in VERY small company. That combined with his win totals i'd say hes having a pretty good career.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
7/18/2019 5:57am
peelout wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/17/360767/s1200_this_is_fine.jpg[/img]

let the ET3 memes fly, brother!

mxb2
7/18/2019 6:48am
BobbyM wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
100% agree!! I mean, sure there are idiots out there that will combat that notion with their annoying “facts” e.g. 2X defending MX Champ who has...
100% agree!! I mean, sure there are idiots out there that will combat that notion with their annoying “facts”

e.g. 2X defending MX Champ who has yet to finish off the podium through 7 rounds and currently leads the series by a comfortable margin but like you said, total basket case man, no doubt about it...

And don’t even get me started on what a loudmouth, cocky, prick he is. In post race interviews/pressers he might as well be a Mohammad Ali/Deon Sanders reincarnate only with less humility.
Yep, sounds like someome is jealous.
kaptkaos
7/18/2019 7:13am
Right now all our top riders, minus Marvin are kinda in a flux. Big injuries to KR, ET, CS14 Lots of lesser injuries to JB51, JA, DW, major injuries to upcoming and second tier riders, Mookie, Peick, CR22, JB10.

Eli hasnt been hurt this year, and if not for Webb having a revival, he would be SX champ. What does it all mean? Right now the field is very hard to predict, and we have parity at the top, and second pack.

If we can have a nice little 18 month stretch where these guys dont get injured, we would see the best battle it out. Eli thinks if he just does the Dungey technique, he will have a solid career and make plenty of money, and that seems to be holding true.
kpiper
7/18/2019 9:13am
To me, Eli seemed to change some after the race where he let MM pass him rolling the finish line jump. He seemed pretty stressed out after that 'moto' (Triple Crown race) and said he had to do better. He did ride much better the next moto.

After that, it seemed he had more of a relaxed demeanor. His results have improved too.

It still is hard for me to understand how some people say they don't like the guy. Why? He is humble, soft-spoken, a Patriot and super fast. Without a doubt, he is the most entertaining rider we have right now.
7/18/2019 11:06am
nytsmaC wrote:
So does that make Roczen, Musquin and a majority of the people who race a headcase as well?
kkawboy14
7/18/2019 12:54pm
“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth!”
mxb2
7/18/2019 12:56pm
nytsmaC wrote:
So does that make Roczen, Musquin and a majority of the people who race a headcase as well?
Bingo. They are getting beat by a head case. Lol. Imagine how they feel.
7/18/2019 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 1:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
Bingo. They are getting beat by a head case. Lol. Imagine how they feel.
Yep lol. Some of the replies in this thread are a great example of what Weege was talking about in the article the OP was referring to, the double standards when it comes to Tomac compared to other guys are insane.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
7/18/2019 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 3:59pm
Yep lol. Some of the replies in this thread are a great example of what Weege was talking about in the article the OP was referring...
Yep lol. Some of the replies in this thread are a great example of what Weege was talking about in the article the OP was referring to, the double standards when it comes to Tomac compared to other guys are insane.
That's an understatement.
Sierra Ranger
7/18/2019 2:16pm
Fans generally prefer riders with a burning desire to win (RJ, Bailey, Ward, Bradshaw...all the way through Webb). Eli can do whatever he wants and is piling up wins and $$, but I find that attitude very dull and uninteresting. If he doesn't care all that much if he wins, why should I? I can't think of a rider who makes being a top motocross athlete seem more boring than Tomac- and that is not discounting his beast-like abilities.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/18/2019 2:22pm
Fans generally prefer riders with a burning desire to win (RJ, Bailey, Ward, Bradshaw...all the way through Webb). Eli can do whatever he wants and is...
Fans generally prefer riders with a burning desire to win (RJ, Bailey, Ward, Bradshaw...all the way through Webb). Eli can do whatever he wants and is piling up wins and $$, but I find that attitude very dull and uninteresting. If he doesn't care all that much if he wins, why should I? I can't think of a rider who makes being a top motocross athlete seem more boring than Tomac- and that is not discounting his beast-like abilities.
So they guy that has made more passes on tv than anyone in the last 5 years is uninteresting? Ok
mxb2
7/18/2019 2:35pm
Fans generally prefer riders with a burning desire to win (RJ, Bailey, Ward, Bradshaw...all the way through Webb). Eli can do whatever he wants and is...
early wrote:
So they guy that has made more passes on tv than anyone in the last 5 years is uninteresting? Ok
X2,. Naw man its better to be a trouble maker, get arrested, do drugs, and finish 20th.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
7/18/2019 4:18pm
Racer111 wrote:
Wtf are you smoking? 21 is WAY more than an inch away. Dear lord! Where do you people come from?
MX Guy wrote:
So negative. Take a chill pill.
LoL MxGuy...looks like you took a big chill pill ... then thought it best to delete your lame post.
PRM31
7/18/2019 4:26pm
Sounds to me like he sat down and had a chat with Dungey. With the same bike next year, he’ll have a great SX. Hard to improve on his outdoor results.
Ozy
7/18/2019 7:51pm
OP, Did Tomac actually say anything you have in quotes?

how many reasons can you think of for a multi-millionaire motocross racer who is in his 20's to back it down a little?
1) Motocross is a really dangerous sport
2) Technology is pushing the speeds upward and Motocross is a really dangerous sport
3) Did I mention that motocross is a really dangerous sport - injuries are almost guaranteed, Having the ability to walk after a mistake is not! Does anybody in here know what Eli's Doctor told him after his last serious injury? <-- I bet this factors into Eli's new mental approach to racing

The top pro's today are crazy fast and the sections they are putting together at speed every week would put almost all of us in the hospital if we tried to hit them at their speed
7/19/2019 6:55pm
Tomac is an amazing rider. He deserves and SX title. We deserve to watch him get his SX title. When he does, it will be a glorious day for all of us...

From what we saw on Whiskey Throttle I think it's possible we'll see another 3 seasons, so around 29-30 sounds about right
7/20/2019 11:33am
Eli needs to do what AC did. Move out of his home area. Even though S. CA sucks, he needs to move there in about Sept, and do all his prep and training closer to the factory. Get a trainer. Even though Eli knows how to train, and his dad knows how to manage his training, he simply needs to change it up. If I were factory Kawi, with the money they are paying, no way I would tolerate him off doing his own weird off brand program.

Post a reply to: Tomac, "I am ok with that"

The Latest