Tomac Gonna Throw Down

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2019 10:01 AM

Tonight will be a therapy session for 3.

|

3/9/2019 10:33 AM

Better hope so is all I can say. He definitely needs to and needs to keep it rolling.

|

3/9/2019 10:45 AM

That’s what everyone’s been saying all year.

|

3/9/2019 10:50 AM

Only thing Eli is throwing down at the moment is an anchor!
Eli definitely needs a good session with his therapist if he can't pick up or maintain a good pace, week in, week out!

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

3/9/2019 10:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 11:00 AM

No points to worry about if he doesn't win out with Webb likely on the podium. Caution to the wind, plus his mojo needs a fix. Gonna let 'er rip!%%!!?

Only 2 seconds a lap slower than Marvin in qualifier!!! Dude is on it !++1!
Top 5 potential tonight! Told ya ?

|

3/9/2019 11:17 AM

Cookie cutter straight Rhythm tracks will have killed Tomac this year.

He will probably never be SX Champion. He is the Bradshaw of this era.

Can't wait for the great outdoors, I'm tired of those tracks.

|

3/9/2019 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 11:19 AM

long night ahead. another qualifier and a heat race. the last 5 laps of main should be interesting. will see who's in the best shape.

|

3/9/2019 11:26 AM

Photo
|

3/9/2019 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 11:59 AM

Hes fast enough... everyone knows this. What he needs to do is starts... all day everyday, 24/7 365 from now till Vegas. Before you load the bike up after the race rip a start in the parking lot, when u get to Colorado-starts, Cali-starts, Florida-starts, Monday-starts, Tuesday-starts. If someone asks what your name is say it starts with Eli. Start.. your day off with a start. Even at press day... starts, qualifying-starts... then 1 hot lap.. after a start. Heat race...theres another start. Starts, StArTs, STARTS...

If he doesnt get some damn starts hes gonna lose this championship. You can be the fastest guy all you want, when your 12th off the start ur Fd.. Doesnt even need a holeshot, just get a freakin top 5 start from here on out vs top 15 like hes been. Hes screwed if they dont improve from here till Vegas.

|

3/9/2019 11:53 AM

Not a fan of the track this year. However it turns out for Eli.

|

3/9/2019 12:03 PM

He was going so fast in 2015 (2016?) when he blew out his shoulders.. he absolutely destroyed the field coming into outdoors before he wadded his brains at thunder valley

|

3/9/2019 12:05 PM

Well, he's either gonna throw down, or throw in the towel. Only time will tell.

|

3/9/2019 12:11 PM

Swear everyone's said this every week when looking at the track map " this track definitely looks like it will suit tomacs style" then goes and does nothing, getting boring now lol

|

3/9/2019 12:35 PM

Tomac's case is all mental, seems like he is doing this as a job not a passion.

|

3/9/2019 12:36 PM

I’m so glad there are so many experts on this forum able to tell a 3 time national champion what to do

|

3/9/2019 12:39 PM

Is he signed for next year? Wondering with kawi in a hard place with AC and savatgy, would they drop tomac? I know he's a multi time national champ, but they've gotta want supercross championships and I wonder if his window is closing for that?

|

3/9/2019 1:03 PM

No

|

3/9/2019 1:21 PM

If Tomac doesn’t win tonight, he won’t win the championship. If he does win, he’ll follow up with an off the podium finish next week after a week full of “he’s back” threads. If Webb wins, or has an impressive charge to the front from a bad start, he’s got the championship locked down barring injury/DNF.

|

3/9/2019 1:21 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

Tomac's case is all mental, seems like he is doing this as a job not a passion.

It is not mental when you are almost 2 sec off on a one lap sprint, from someone riding pretty much the same bike as last year (musquin). it is mental if you make mistakes, get out of rhythm etc. Webb you can discuss if he should beat, i think they are equal if you take 2018 Eli and bike in later part of season.

Tomac problem is starts and not getting the bike where he wants so it behaves right + fully trust it.

Put Webb back on the Yamaha, we will see how all "confidence" disappears.

|

3/9/2019 1:37 PM

Tomac will just Tomac. Webb isn't as catious as Dungey was, so it will be fun to watch.

|

No Signature.

3/9/2019 1:39 PM

Tomac will Tomac, anywhere from P1 with a 20 second gap or fighting hard for P11.

|

3/9/2019 2:34 PM

He can go into beast mode at any time and no one can predict it.

|

70 SL90, 74 TS125, 76 YZ80, 77 YZ80,78 YZ100,78 XR75,79 CR125,80 CR125
81 CR125,81 RM125,96 CR500,97 CR250,00 CR250,02 KX250,06 CRF450,11 CRF450
14 KXF450,15 KXF450,14 KXF450,18 FC450,18 350SXF

3/9/2019 2:36 PM

poser45xxxxx wrote:

What a great asset to have.......not

|

3/9/2019 2:37 PM

poser45xxxxx wrote:

Yeah, thats kind of the issue here isn’t it. No can predict when he is gonna be on and when he isn’t

|

3/9/2019 2:37 PM

poser45xxxxx wrote:

Considering I just took him off the Fantasy team to win, he could very well go into beast mode tonight and take the win...we shall see.

|

3/9/2019 2:52 PM

drt410 wrote:

Hes fast enough... everyone knows this. What he needs to do is starts... all day everyday, 24/7 365 from now till Vegas. Before you load the bike up after the race rip a start in the parking lot, when u get to Colorado-starts, Cali-starts, Florida-starts, Monday-starts, Tuesday-starts. If someone asks what your name is say it starts with Eli. Start.. your day off with a start. Even at press day... starts, qualifying-starts... then 1 hot lap.. after a start. Heat race...theres another start. Starts, StArTs, STARTS...

If he doesnt get some damn starts hes gonna lose this championship. You can be the fastest guy all you want, when your 12th off the start ur Fd.. Doesnt even need a holeshot, just get a freakin top 5 start from here on out vs top 15 like hes been. Hes screwed if they dont improve from here till Vegas.

I hate to say it, but practicing starts constantly, as you suggest, does NOT mean you will get a better jump. Visualizing yourself getting the jump, timing the gate drop right, and having the confidence that you will be the first person to the first corner is 70% of starts. These guys all have the technique and equipment to get good starts. There’s more to it than that.

|

3/9/2019 3:11 PM

Maybe it's just the way he was riding but to me He looked to be fighting the bike in practice He did not look like His normal Daytona Beast mode.

|

3/9/2019 3:14 PM

I have a feeling that this will be his last sx of 2019, if he does not win. Heal up for outdoors

|

3/9/2019 3:17 PM

500guy wrote:

Maybe it's just the way he was riding but to me He looked to be fighting the bike in practice He did not look like His normal Daytona Beast mode.

He's been fighting It All season if you ask me.

|

3/9/2019 3:19 PM

drt410 wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

I hate to say it, but practicing starts constantly, as you suggest, does NOT mean you will get a better jump. Visualizing yourself getting the jump, timing the gate drop right, and having the confidence that you will be the first person to the first corner is 70% of starts. These guys all have the technique and equipment to get good starts. There’s more to it than that.

Thats a type of practice no? He needs to do everything that leads to better starts.

|