Tomac...

bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
3/16/2021 5:00pm
I feel like Eli is due for a brand change to rejuvenate and re motivate him. Hes been on the same brand for a long time. New team, 2 year contract. Let’s go.
RalphS
3/16/2021 8:06pm
I thought hE wAs DoNe
stewie94
3/16/2021 8:17pm
RalphS wrote:
I thought hE wAs DoNe
def looked much better & racey but still lost pts to coop Wink
RalphS
3/16/2021 8:19pm
RalphS wrote:
I thought hE wAs DoNe
stewie94 wrote:
def looked much better & racey but still lost pts to coop Wink
Yup, Tomac 2005 - 2020 is MIA and would have gone checkers or wrecked

The Shop

tuttle425
3/16/2021 8:24pm
jc34 wrote:
Eli is my favorite rider and I have no F'ing clue what is going on in his head but I enjoy watching him ride. I appreciate...
Eli is my favorite rider and I have no F'ing clue what is going on in his head but I enjoy watching him ride. I appreciate that his hobbies are hunting and fishing.

Not related but interesting:

Webb and Roczen both share Surfing as a hobby, saw it on the rider intros at Saturday's race. Webb can actually surf, while Roczen has been a couple times and likes to take pictures with his wetsuit on, board under arm. Says a lot about their rivalry.

Cooper's dad was a professional surfer and Cooper's been surfing since he was a baby. I'd expect him to be a little better than Roczen who learned here after growing up in Germany and does it in his spare time.
Crush
3/16/2021 8:48pm
He was going beast mode, overjumping shit into corners, pushing through the rhyhms and slamming the berms with both feet up... then he caught up and plain stopped charging.

Maybe the baby tiredness is actually a thing, because he showed he could or would do it for a while at least. He hasn't charged like that all year.
kpiper
3/16/2021 9:21pm
Webb is just that good right now and Eli is not going to go beast mode in 2021. Hard to blame him actually.
Lloydcarter
3/16/2021 10:49pm
Now it’s a competition of who’s better at surfing 😂. Y’all 🤡
3/16/2021 11:52pm
Bruce372 wrote:
I am amazed how many telepathic people we have on vital that can read riders minds. You guys have wasted talents, maybe call FBI and offer...
I am amazed how many telepathic people we have on vital that can read riders minds.

You guys have wasted talents, maybe call FBI and offer these skills for solving cold cases.
It’s like you don’t want there to be any conversation at all- in fact why do forums and discussion platforms exist, right?? If you want to kirb everyone from having an opinion or sharing their thoughts on riders and situations... the Internet forum has had its day, no??

Why shouldn’t someone, anyone, voice their thoughts and opinions?

Just cos you get sand in your vadge when someone writes something you don’t want to read..
if you don’t like it, go away and let us discuss in peace.
Motofinne
3/17/2021 1:30am
I think that was probably the best Tomac we have seen this year?
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
3/17/2021 2:15am
Motofinne wrote:
By far.
Blackie59
3/17/2021 6:25am
Late to this but we were at the race last night and I don't know if they said anything on the broadcast but Tomac's bike was puffing smoke during the last three or four laps. His paced dropped considerably at that point.
davistld01
3/17/2021 6:28am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 6:28am
Motofinne wrote:
I think, at this point...I think Eli is just doing damage control.
ShawdowGlen
3/17/2021 10:30am
Tomac looked good last night. Had he beaten Webb to turn 1, it would have been his. Coop even said "Eli was the faster guy tonight".

3/17/2021 11:25am
Tomac looked good last night. Had he beaten Webb to turn 1, it would have been his. Coop even said "Eli was the faster guy tonight".

Cooper said that, but he was wrong. Webb was riding mistake free, and Eli was not -- at the same pace.
davistld01
3/17/2021 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 12:43pm
davistld01 wrote:
Gotta love the anonymous fanboy down-voters around here! Laughing
lostboy819 wrote:
Why ? because we don't agree with you opinion.
Nah...just think it's funny. You ought to be used to it by now though, huh?
Ranman68
3/17/2021 12:54pm
Tomac has never been my favorite rider. Odd because he is so incredibly talented in many ways and a complete train wreck sometimes in others. One...
Tomac has never been my favorite rider. Odd because he is so incredibly talented in many ways and a complete train wreck sometimes in others.

One thing I will say.... I really dig seeing a side of him he has kept somewhat hidden. Yeah...that would be having fun, smiling and showing some personality. ...and I'm glad he's not one of the social media whores. There's something to be said about not knowing every freaking detail of a sports hero's life.

I can't begin to imagine the pressure he has been under for the years of his career.

Rock on Eli....

You nailed it in every way. Awesome comment.
Ranman68
3/17/2021 1:12pm
I'm not convinced that there's anything wrong with Tomac or different this year. The guy has 2 wins, has battled for other wins, crept away from Roczen last night, and smoked everyone else except for Webb.
Tomac's starts have just been sucky overall. He's had a couple of unexplainable, poor finishes. He's kicked everybody's ass other times. Sounds to me like Tomac is as Tomac as ever. He seems calmer and happier than ever in podium speeches even when he doesn't win.
I say Tomac is fine and as good as ever. The difference this year is that his starts arent quite as good on average and that his top 3-4 competitors for tbe title are undeniably better than they've ever been.
Anton_514
3/17/2021 1:15pm
Watch the press conference from last night; I asked Eli if he had less pressure now that the title is gone and he said yes it’s been that way for a few races. Izer also asked if he still has plans to race for a few more years, and he seemed to indicate that he wants to go a little longer.

Everything seems like he will go at least one more contract. They’re working on one, but it doesn’t sound all done yet.

From what I’ve heard talking to people close to him, and noticed from the races, is that if things don’t come together early in the Moto, he’s not going to kill himself making something happen. He did that forever and although it made for great racing, it bit him a few times and he’s too late in his career to spend four-six months rehabbing an injury.

What would we rather have: a guy that’s dominant and beating everyone and making the races boring, a wild card that could make any night exciting, or another dude retired in his prime because it stopped being enjoyable?
cwel11
3/17/2021 5:27pm
By no means am I trying to bag on him, but that reads to me like, if I can’t win, I’m gonna ride my laps and I finish where I finish. What made him great to watch was the fact that he never settled. Beast mode was a thing of beauty when he pulled those rides out. Obviously the guy has won multiple championships and has nothing left to prove, but for me as a fan, if the fire to go get #1 plates goes out, that’s understandable, but hang it up. Kinda weird to see him just be another guy. Regardless he was great to watch when he was going crazy coming through the pack.
ShawdowGlen
3/17/2021 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 6:25pm
cwel11 wrote:
By no means am I trying to bag on him, but that reads to me like, if I can’t win, I’m gonna ride my laps and...
By no means am I trying to bag on him, but that reads to me like, if I can’t win, I’m gonna ride my laps and I finish where I finish. What made him great to watch was the fact that he never settled. Beast mode was a thing of beauty when he pulled those rides out. Obviously the guy has won multiple championships and has nothing left to prove, but for me as a fan, if the fire to go get #1 plates goes out, that’s understandable, but hang it up. Kinda weird to see him just be another guy. Regardless he was great to watch when he was going crazy coming through the pack.
It happens to the best of time and time again...

Age/wisdom creep in.

Eli has been injury free for a very long time... (I don't believe in jinxes....so save it!). Beast mode will eventually end up costing him.

He isn't done yet.... we can still bask in the glory of one of the greatest riders of our sport.

Who knows...he may slaughter the field in outdoors this year again. Look at what he did in Daytona.
B Lenny
3/18/2021 12:46pm
bigk218 wrote:
I feel like Eli is due for a brand change to rejuvenate and re motivate him. Hes been on the same brand for a long time...
I feel like Eli is due for a brand change to rejuvenate and re motivate him. Hes been on the same brand for a long time. New team, 2 year contract. Let’s go.
GasGas?...Whistling
mxb2
3/18/2021 1:15pm
bigk218 wrote:
I feel like Eli is due for a brand change to rejuvenate and re motivate him. Hes been on the same brand for a long time...
When he retires, it will be on a kawy.
FahQ
3/18/2021 3:43pm
mxb2 wrote:
When he retires, it will be on a kawy.
Or a yellow KTM Sideways
3/18/2021 3:59pm
I think its crazy to say he should hang it up because he's not getting the top spot on podium. Look at Dungey and other riders like him who retired on top and probably too early when he could have rode another year or two even though not likely a title contender.

Yes it's sad too see our favourite top riders on the downside of their careers when they are no longer a title contender but its just the natural progression. I felt the same when Stew was on his way out but at the same time it was still great having him out on the track. Way she goes bubs.
Crush
3/18/2021 4:45pm
Anton_514 wrote:
Watch the press conference from last night; I asked Eli if he had less pressure now that the title is gone and he said yes it’s...
Watch the press conference from last night; I asked Eli if he had less pressure now that the title is gone and he said yes it’s been that way for a few races. Izer also asked if he still has plans to race for a few more years, and he seemed to indicate that he wants to go a little longer.

Everything seems like he will go at least one more contract. They’re working on one, but it doesn’t sound all done yet.

From what I’ve heard talking to people close to him, and noticed from the races, is that if things don’t come together early in the Moto, he’s not going to kill himself making something happen. He did that forever and although it made for great racing, it bit him a few times and he’s too late in his career to spend four-six months rehabbing an injury.

What would we rather have: a guy that’s dominant and beating everyone and making the races boring, a wild card that could make any night exciting, or another dude retired in his prime because it stopped being enjoyable?
Sounds about right.

We've literally only really seen him charge a little here and there since he won that SX title. His riding is noticeably more aggressive when he's really getting after it.
cable
3/19/2021 8:32pm
How can you train with intensity by yourself? maybe hes not? when your new and have drive yes. hes gotten the championships and the $$. He never looked to charge at all this year. hes missing that fire and its to be expected with where hes at in life. I think he calls it after moto season.
kpiper
3/20/2021 8:23am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2021 8:25am
Eli still showed at Daytona and the first moto at Pala last summer he has the speed to win. I think he stays around another year at least. He may be thinking ride to 30.

Suppose it is possible we see beast mode at a place like Pala, Washougal, Southwick, or Daytona but not otherwise.

He might be hungry again by next year...Dungey got motivated to come back.

The amazing thing is even with a toned-down Tomac he can still be the fastest guy out there. For sure not aggressive like he was last year at SLC though.
Cook441
3/20/2021 9:27am
Eli kind of reminds me of K-Dub. He's obviously accomplished more but also seems to struggle with the pressures of performance sometimes? K-Dub was always incredible throughout his career but when he really became a fan favorite and arguably the most impressive to me was those last few years when he was just out there having fun and at any given moment showcasing his amazing talents against the likes of James Stewart, RC, Reed etc...

If Eli sticks around I hope something similiar transpires because it's aewsome to watch!

My 2cents-

Post a reply to: Tomac...

The Latest