Tomac

kkawboy14
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 4:59am
I thought you guys didn’t want him on your team because he was a hater and didn’t do it last year?
|
Donovan759
8/14/2018 6:15am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I thought you guys didn’t want him on your team because he was a hater and didn’t do it last year?
Smoke the drugs kkawboy. Don't let the drugs smoke you.

The Shop

Flip109
8/14/2018 7:08am
I wasn't a fan of him on the team. Would have opted for Anderson and Barcia. However, with ando hurt our big bike choices are pretty fucked lol
akillerwombat
8/14/2018 7:18am
People only care about what others have done for them recently.

Tomac not riding the last few years proves it.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
8/14/2018 7:24am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 7:24am
Flip109 wrote:
I wasn't a fan of him on the team. Would have opted for Anderson and Barcia. However, with ando hurt our big bike choices are pretty...
I wasn't a fan of him on the team. Would have opted for Anderson and Barcia. However, with ando hurt our big bike choices are pretty fucked lol
Yes, Barcia would have been a much better pick over Tomac if it came down between the two. Damn you Tomac for not wanting to fly to Great Britain while preparing for a Supercross race the following week you're contracted to race. Terrible person.
HusqFan3
8/14/2018 7:34am
Flip109 wrote:
I wasn't a fan of him on the team. Would have opted for Anderson and Barcia. However, with ando hurt our big bike choices are pretty...
Yes, Barcia would have been a much better pick over Tomac if it came down between the two. Damn you Tomac for not wanting to fly...
Yes, Barcia would have been a much better pick over Tomac if it came down between the two. Damn you Tomac for not wanting to fly to Great Britain while preparing for a Supercross race the following week you're contracted to race. Terrible person.
But wait, according to some Vitards he was on a 3 month vacation. i.e. was on a beach sipping fruity cocktails between MEC all the up until the day before A1...
peelout
8/14/2018 8:31am
i still think he's a draft dodger and if it wasn't in the US then he would be riding his quad in the mountains again. we'll see what the story is next year.

as for this year, i'll be rooting him on the whole way, he is after all the fastest guy in the US so we'd be silly to leave him off because we're butt-hurt.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
8/14/2018 9:00am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 9:01am
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't race it next year or years after. These guys race a ton, on top of that some of them train like crazy, and don't get a lof of off weekends.

Me personally, I would probably go every year selected to represent my country; However, with racing the MEC and having the GP races that he was I believe contractually obligated to the past few years I don't totally blame him for not going. He has to have some time off in September/October before getting back to the grind.
Doddy
8/14/2018 9:06am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 9:09am
Flip109 wrote:
Yes, Barcia would have been a much better pick over Tomac if it came down between the two. Damn you Tomac for not wanting to fly...
That excuse is lame......defending that excuse is even lamer. Riding for your country is an honor, not an inconvenience......

I agree with Peelout. I don't think he deserves to be there, but because he is...it would be just wrong not to root for him/our team.

devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
8/14/2018 9:06am
Not to drag up last years drama, and I don't remember the exact dates, but it's ridiculous how ridiculed he got for skipping MXDN last year. It was one of those scenarios where Indiana is one weekend (just won first MX title), the following weekend is the USGP, then you leave to Europe on Monday and do press all week until the MXDN (biggest race of the year), then you fly home and immediately do press all day as the MEC defending champion and race on Saturday, then it's immediately into SX testing and training. It's unreal how whiny some of you guys have been since, still bringing it up and trying to trash talk Eli based on his decisions.
Flip109
8/14/2018 9:07am
Flip109 wrote:
I didnt say anything him about being a terrible person Devon. Calm down. I think he’s a good person in general from what I can tell, and a terrific racer. Just not with him bailing on the MXON of nations race two years in a row for us. That’s it. He had two weekends to get back from the MXON and race monster cup last year. Which he crashed out of anyway. So wtf. People take shit so personal on here. It’s just my opinion of picks for the team. It means jack and shit and jack left town lol
TDeath21
8/14/2018 9:13am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 10:40am
I think it’s extremely lame that he has said the following things and then done the subsequent actions:

These aren’t going to be direct quotes but he did say these things in some form, I just don’t know the exact way he said it.

1: “I need to stay focused on the series here in the United States. Our series is long and grueling as it is.”

2: “Our series is a meat grinder here and I don’t want to extend our season into mid October with more races.”

Despite number 1, he chose to race both USGPs right up until the MXoN. Races that were essentially meaningless to him. Races that added to the grueling schedule and were not part of the US series. And don’t tell me he was contracted to do so. He chose to sign that contract. If he’d have told Kawi he didn’t want to do those GPs, they’d have said okay.

Despite number 2, he’s doing just that here this year. He’s unnecessarily extending his season into mid October. Why is it all the sudden different now? Sounds to me like he either wants to be the hometown hero or he just didn’t want to ride the European tracks.

Oh wait maybe it’s the travel to Europe that bothered him and he didn’t want to do? Well ... the distance between Glen Helen and Charlotte is roughly 2,409 miles. If we are to assume he started that journey in California (almost a certainty) we can double that number for his travel distance with the two USGPs. That’s 4,818 unnecessary miles traveled after his long and grueling SX/MX season. Plus about an extra 3 hours of race time on MX tracks. A trans-Atlantic flight is roughly 3,500 miles of travel. Give or take a few hundred based on how far you go. The MXon adds an extra hour and a half to the racing time during the season. And yes I know that journey would also probably start in Colorado or California for Tomac, so you can probably add 2,000 as a conservative estimate to that 3,500 number. That makes it a minimum of 5,500 Miles for those who are counting. Point still stands though that the overall travel wouldn’t be a huge massive difference.

Now this year he’s saying it’s an honor to be there and he can’t wait to represent his country. Hmm ... track record says otherwise.

I’d rather he just be honest (like he’s actually done in several interviews after the races throughout his career) and say he just didn’t want to travel to Europe and that he just wants to stay in the US. I still wouldn’t like it and neither would a lot of people. But hey, at least then there aren’t massive holes in your reasoning. You race the races here in the US, whether it be MEC, SX, MX, USGP, etc. and you go on your merry way.

I know many people on this forum would never miss an opportunity to represent Team USA. Some can say it’s easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, but I know it’s the truth. Several top pros feel the same way. Carmichael and Barcia fit this bill, as do most top GP riders. And several others do too that just aren’t quite on that top tier level and therefore don’t ever get the opportunity.

Really all I’m saying is that Tomac’s excuses and reasonings for opting out don’t hold water. They just don’t. Now all the sudden when it’s on home soil he’s ready to go. We will see what he decides to do next year. That will be a big indicator. Am I happy he’s on the team this year? Well yeah because he gives my country the best chance to win. I wish he were on it every year. Even though he’s a fellow countryman and I’ll be cheering for him, it’s still okay for me to point out the flaws in his reasonings for skipping this event. Like I said, there were a lot of angles he could have taken as his reasonings for not going. He chose reasons that can be easily disputed with just a little bit of thought.
TDeath21
8/14/2018 9:17am
Not to drag up last years drama, and I don't remember the exact dates, but it's ridiculous how ridiculed he got for skipping MXDN last year...
Not to drag up last years drama, and I don't remember the exact dates, but it's ridiculous how ridiculed he got for skipping MXDN last year. It was one of those scenarios where Indiana is one weekend (just won first MX title), the following weekend is the USGP, then you leave to Europe on Monday and do press all week until the MXDN (biggest race of the year), then you fly home and immediately do press all day as the MEC defending champion and race on Saturday, then it's immediately into SX testing and training. It's unreal how whiny some of you guys have been since, still bringing it up and trying to trash talk Eli based on his decisions.
I could be wrong, but what was Tim Gajser’s schedule like during that exact time period?

Didn’t he fly into the US, race the GP, fly back to Europe for the MXoN, then fly back to the US for the MEC?
psg119
8/14/2018 9:27am
Maybe he just needed that time off to avoid burnout and just needed time to himself? As much of a machine he is on the bike he's still human. It would suck to get burnt out on something so awesome. And he was coming off some rough seasons aside from the championship last year. Which he still didn't dominate and was getting a ton of hate for crashing too much. You guys should never take vacations from your jobs ever again. See how long you stay sane. And they really need you thereWink My guess is though when it comes to your vacation time, you probably don't care much of what anyone else thinks of you leaving just like the rest of the world.
8/14/2018 9:28am
mx 219 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't race it next year or years after. These guys race a ton, on top of that some of them...
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't race it next year or years after. These guys race a ton, on top of that some of them train like crazy, and don't get a lof of off weekends.

Me personally, I would probably go every year selected to represent my country; However, with racing the MEC and having the GP races that he was I believe contractually obligated to the past few years I don't totally blame him for not going. He has to have some time off in September/October before getting back to the grind.
next years MXON is in Assen ..deep sand , would surprise me if Tomac lines up and battle Herlings on a proper sand track ..
kb228
8/14/2018 9:32am
mx 219 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't race it next year or years after. These guys race a ton, on top of that some of them...

next years MXON is in Assen ..deep sand , would surprise me if Tomac lines up and battle Herlings on a proper sand track ..
Why do people pretend tomac isnt good in sand? Hes by far the best in the states in it.
8/14/2018 9:45am
mx 219 wrote:

kb228 wrote:
Why do people pretend tomac isnt good in sand? Hes by far the best in the states in it.
where did i say he wasnt good in sand ? he is probably best in sand of all AMA riders
psg119
8/14/2018 9:55am
kb228 wrote:
where did i say he wasnt good in sand ? he is probably best in sand of all AMA riders
If he beats him here this year I think he will go again next year. Tomac does love sand. After watching him battle with Herlings hard last year before falling when he didn't need to to wrap up the #1, I feel like he's got some fire in him to want to beat him. If he loses this year I feel like he might chalk it up as a not worth it situation and just race his contracted races. But ya never know.
HusqFan3
8/14/2018 9:58am
mx 219 wrote:

Why? ET3 has stated countless times that sand tracks are by far his favorite. When asked if he could race anywhere in the world where would it be he answered something to the effect “it would probably be a sand track somewhere. Doesn’t matter where as long as it’s sand”
kkawboy14
8/14/2018 10:25am
Hallzilla wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/14/280523/s1200_Screen_Shot_2018_08_14_at_9.19.03_AM.jpg[/img] Quantity, not quality.

Quantity, not quality.
You realize that count is only about 1/3 of the posts I have made, when you add up my other user names, right?
Akira
8/14/2018 10:48am
TDeath21 wrote:
I think it’s extremely lame that he has said the following things and then done the subsequent actions: These aren’t going to be direct quotes but...
I think it’s extremely lame that he has said the following things and then done the subsequent actions:

These aren’t going to be direct quotes but he did say these things in some form, I just don’t know the exact way he said it.

1: “I need to stay focused on the series here in the United States. Our series is long and grueling as it is.”

2: “Our series is a meat grinder here and I don’t want to extend our season into mid October with more races.”

Despite number 1, he chose to race both USGPs right up until the MXoN. Races that were essentially meaningless to him. Races that added to the grueling schedule and were not part of the US series. And don’t tell me he was contracted to do so. He chose to sign that contract. If he’d have told Kawi he didn’t want to do those GPs, they’d have said okay.

Despite number 2, he’s doing just that here this year. He’s unnecessarily extending his season into mid October. Why is it all the sudden different now? Sounds to me like he either wants to be the hometown hero or he just didn’t want to ride the European tracks.

Oh wait maybe it’s the travel to Europe that bothered him and he didn’t want to do? Well ... the distance between Glen Helen and Charlotte is roughly 2,409 miles. If we are to assume he started that journey in California (almost a certainty) we can double that number for his travel distance with the two USGPs. That’s 4,818 unnecessary miles traveled after his long and grueling SX/MX season. Plus about an extra 3 hours of race time on MX tracks. A trans-Atlantic flight is roughly 3,500 miles of travel. Give or take a few hundred based on how far you go. The MXon adds an extra hour and a half to the racing time during the season. And yes I know that journey would also probably start in Colorado or California for Tomac, so you can probably add 2,000 as a conservative estimate to that 3,500 number. That makes it a minimum of 5,500 Miles for those who are counting. Point still stands though that the overall travel wouldn’t be a huge massive difference.

Now this year he’s saying it’s an honor to be there and he can’t wait to represent his country. Hmm ... track record says otherwise.

I’d rather he just be honest (like he’s actually done in several interviews after the races throughout his career) and say he just didn’t want to travel to Europe and that he just wants to stay in the US. I still wouldn’t like it and neither would a lot of people. But hey, at least then there aren’t massive holes in your reasoning. You race the races here in the US, whether it be MEC, SX, MX, USGP, etc. and you go on your merry way.

I know many people on this forum would never miss an opportunity to represent Team USA. Some can say it’s easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, but I know it’s the truth. Several top pros feel the same way. Carmichael and Barcia fit this bill, as do most top GP riders. And several others do too that just aren’t quite on that top tier level and therefore don’t ever get the opportunity.

Really all I’m saying is that Tomac’s excuses and reasonings for opting out don’t hold water. They just don’t. Now all the sudden when it’s on home soil he’s ready to go. We will see what he decides to do next year. That will be a big indicator. Am I happy he’s on the team this year? Well yeah because he gives my country the best chance to win. I wish he were on it every year. Even though he’s a fellow countryman and I’ll be cheering for him, it’s still okay for me to point out the flaws in his reasonings for skipping this event. Like I said, there were a lot of angles he could have taken as his reasonings for not going. He chose reasons that can be easily disputed with just a little bit of thought.
pls man chill out, go out and ride.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/14/2018 11:21am
kb228 wrote:
The last time Herlings lost in the sand was the first time he ever raced Tomac in the sand. Yes I know Herlings is better in the sand. Still shouldn't have happend I believe it was Tomacs 6th pro sand race ever vs Herlings who has thousands of hours in the sand and countless races.
Solidkm
8/14/2018 11:26am
Vital would shrivel up and die if it weren’t for Tomac threads.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/14/2018 11:36am
Solidkm wrote:
Vital would shrivel up and die if it weren’t for Tomac threads.
*Stewart

Post a reply to: Tomac

The Latest