Tomac

Just a couple of questions on tomac interested to hear your thoughts
1. Do you see him at kawi next year
2. Would you now say he so more successful on the kawi than he was on the Honda (450)
|
agn5009
3/20/2017 12:23am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 12:24am
Just a couple of questions on tomac interested to hear your thoughts 1. Do you see him at kawi next year 2. Would you now say...
2. Would you now say he so more successful on the kawi than he was on the Honda (450)
1. Yes
2. Yes he didn't do much on the Honda 450

Edited because I didn't see the 450 in parentheses.
51xc
3/20/2017 1:07am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 1:07am
Just a couple of questions on tomac interested to hear your thoughts 1. Do you see him at kawi next year 2. Would you now say...
agn5009 wrote:
1. Yes

8 wins, 2nd in points at sx and winning motos by 1:30min ahead of 2nd place is nothing. yeah, that's probably why monster kawasaki hired him, because he didn't do nothing on a 450. Dizzy
3/20/2017 1:10am
agn5009 wrote:
1. Yes

51xc wrote:
8 wins, 2nd in points at sx and winning motos by 1:30min ahead of 2nd place is nothing. yeah, that's probably why monster kawasaki hired him...
8 wins, 2nd in points at sx and winning motos by 1:30min ahead of 2nd place is nothing. yeah, that's probably why monster kawasaki hired him, because he didn't do nothing on a 450. Dizzy
We honestly might not see an ass kicking like that for a while. 1:30 on second is out of this world in that class
agn5009
3/20/2017 1:41am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 1:52am
agn5009 wrote:
1. Yes

51xc wrote:
8 wins, 2nd in points at sx and winning motos by 1:30min ahead of 2nd place is nothing. yeah, that's probably why monster kawasaki hired him...
And how many championships? Zero, and he is done with honda (for now.) Tomac is very close to winning this year's sx championship and at minimum will match his 450 best second in sx. He also took 2nd last year in MX which is better than he did on the Honda 450. On top of that, he's definitely a favorite to win the MX championship. When Tomac was dominating the MX series how many races did he last? That's right, it doesn't matter because he didn't finish the series.

Tomac won the monster energy cup on a kawi. He dominated two world MX GP's last year along with multiple AMA MX races. He's won 5 of the last 7 SX races and has tightened up the championship significantly after a rough start. If he can refrain from crashing no one's beating him at this time.

OP didn't ask the question "does Tomac look better now than he did the first 2.5 mx races of 2015." Also, the fact that you've distorted what I said shows me you're reading what you want to read. I did not in any way shape or form say Tomac did nothing on the Honda. I said he didn't do much, because he didn't. 8 wins is great for most, but not for Tomac. He's the guy along with Dungey and Roczen who should be winning and fighting for the championship, much like he's currently doing.

The Shop

3/20/2017 2:20am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 2:28am
When he was on Honda, if they had gotten the bike sorted half a season sooner, he would still be at Honda. He was really frustrated, and that had a lot to do with him leaving. Then, after he signed, they really got the bike sorted.

What does that have to do with now? They have the Kawi REALLY dialed now. The way he was holding inside lines at Indy was unreal. I have never seen a Kawi turn like that. They have the bike on rails.

Watch 0:26-0:33 and 0:44-0;49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9iYxuMGfE

He crossed left to right, dove to the inside a bike length back, and still held the bike down and railed by RD....who aint bad in corners. Then he absolutely yarded him down the next section. Next level. Tomac is going nowhere...
51xc
3/20/2017 2:27am
agn5009 wrote:
1. Yes

51xc wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
And how many championships? Zero, and he is done with honda (for now.) Tomac is very close to winning this year's sx championship and at minimum...
And how many championships? Zero, and he is done with honda (for now.) Tomac is very close to winning this year's sx championship and at minimum will match his 450 best second in sx. He also took 2nd last year in MX which is better than he did on the Honda 450. On top of that, he's definitely a favorite to win the MX championship. When Tomac was dominating the MX series how many races did he last? That's right, it doesn't matter because he didn't finish the series.

Tomac won the monster energy cup on a kawi. He dominated two world MX GP's last year along with multiple AMA MX races. He's won 5 of the last 7 SX races and has tightened up the championship significantly after a rough start. If he can refrain from crashing no one's beating him at this time.

OP didn't ask the question "does Tomac look better now than he did the first 2.5 mx races of 2015." Also, the fact that you've distorted what I said shows me you're reading what you want to read. I did not in any way shape or form say Tomac did nothing on the Honda. I said he didn't do much, because he didn't. 8 wins is great for most, but not for Tomac. He's the guy along with Dungey and Roczen who should be winning and fighting for the championship, much like he's currently doing.
you talking like he already won the sx and mx title this year. as of now tomac lost to roczen and dungey big time last year or are you trying to tell me tomac was fighting for the championship when roczen won 22 out of 24 motos?
as of now, he had great success on honda and kawasaki but failed to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. it will be only a matter of when and not if he will put them all together. and I would say the same thing anytime again, no matter what color his bike has because he is an exceptional talent with a very professional and strong group of people around him which, in my opinion, outweighs any bike brand he is signed with.
kkawboy14
3/20/2017 2:28am
On the Honda, his shoulders got tore up and Roczens arm got tore up.

I bet he never throws a leg over a Honda 450 again!
Barrzy256
3/20/2017 2:38am
Here's the real question, is it the change to Kawasaki which has caused the change in tomac? Or would the results have been the same on Honda, or any of the other brands
Crush
3/20/2017 2:45am
I say he stays... And to me, winning and all, there are still moments I don't think he looks as good yet... Particularly whoops. Seems to seesaw a lot, especially compared to Kenny.
3/20/2017 2:59am
Barrzy256 wrote:
Here's the real question, is it the change to Kawasaki which has caused the change in tomac? Or would the results have been the same on...
Here's the real question, is it the change to Kawasaki which has caused the change in tomac? Or would the results have been the same on Honda, or any of the other brands
Same, he's just now got the same confidence he had Honda before the injuries.
agn5009
3/20/2017 3:43am
51xc wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
And how many championships? Zero, and he is done with honda (for now.) Tomac is very close to winning this year's sx championship and at minimum...

51xc wrote:
you talking like he already won the sx and mx title this year. as of now tomac lost to roczen and dungey big time last year...
you talking like he already won the sx and mx title this year. as of now tomac lost to roczen and dungey big time last year or are you trying to tell me tomac was fighting for the championship when roczen won 22 out of 24 motos?
as of now, he had great success on honda and kawasaki but failed to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. it will be only a matter of when and not if he will put them all together. and I would say the same thing anytime again, no matter what color his bike has because he is an exceptional talent with a very professional and strong group of people around him which, in my opinion, outweighs any bike brand he is signed with.
You're beating around OP's question. He didn't ask about future success. He asked which bike he had MORE success on as of right now. I'm saying by him winning the monster energy cup, multiple mx races, dominating the 2 MXGP's, and winning the last 5 of 7 SX (mostly dominating) races he's had more success. Yes, Tomac looked utterly dominant I'm 2.5 races in 2015 on the Honda. But I wouldn't say lasting 2.5 races is successful.
3/20/2017 5:36am
51xc wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

51xc wrote:
you talking like he already won the sx and mx title this year. as of now tomac lost to roczen and dungey big time last year...
Roczen won 21 of 24 motos, tomac won a moto at washougal and swept southwick. It took them long, but they finally figured out the kawi for him. Supercross settings that is. We will see if they can figure out the outdoor setting quick.
Mx Wildcat
3/20/2017 6:59am
Now that Eli has the ball rolling and is gelling with his Kawi I think he will stay. The question is who will be his teammate next year and will Dungey retire if he loses this title?
ctbale
3/20/2017 7:42am
* ?

then you would have to put an asterisk by the name of 90% of the Champions. cuz there always is someone out of the series.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
3/20/2017 7:54am
ctbale wrote:
* ? then you would have to put an asterisk by the name of 90% of the Champions. cuz there always is someone out of the...
* ?

then you would have to put an asterisk by the name of 90% of the Champions. cuz there always is someone out of the series.
Yes you would. Your point?
TXDirt
3/20/2017 7:55am
It all comes down to starts for Tomac. If he can get a good start he will be just fine. That really goes for all the top guys. The first 75 feet of the race is extremely critical. Fuck up that first 75 feet and you will be just hoping you can get a podium.

The Kawasaki for Tomac last year looked terrible. And Tomac was still coming back from double shoulder surgery. He had no confidence in his bike or himself.

He and the bike look better but I will still say he is only at 85-90% right now in confidence and speed. Really sucks KRoc got hurt because outdoors was shaping up to be epic between Tomac and Ken.

It takes a long time to build confidence. Not just in your bike but in your abilities and it's hard to rebuild it after a major injury.

I think Tomac stays on Kawasaki. But if he leaves I predict it will be to KTM. I think this is Dungeys last year. So they can take that money and go after Eli. The KTM team next year could be Eli, Marvin and I would trade out Canard for Bagget. That would be a very strong team combination.

I think it would do wonders for Eli to stop practicing and training by himself in the off season and spent time with Aldon on physical and Mental training and also riding with other riders.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
3/20/2017 7:58am
1: Yes, and I'm sure Kawi is writing up that contract after vegas if he gets the job done.
2: Yes as far as SX goes he's much better on the green machine. But Outdoors...he needs to show that this year.
davistld01
3/20/2017 8:06am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 8:07am
1. Yes...but I also believe Kawasaki will have to throw a stupid amount of money at him to keep him. Even if he doesn't win the title this year...he will in 2018 for sure.

2. He looks as good on the Kawasaki (after a few races) as he did on the Honda when he finally sorted it out.
3/20/2017 8:13am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 8:15am
Kawasaki would be dumb to let him go, so for that reason I think he'll be there next year. I remember hearing RV say that Honda offered him a contract one year but it was nowhere near what Kawi was paying him so we know they have the means to match any offer.

And you can put an asterisk all you want for Dungey not being there, but any real fan knows Kenny was clearly the best guy and had pretty much already won the title before Dungey even got hurt.
PRM31
3/20/2017 8:37am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 8:37am
If you asked a month or two ago I would say he would be moving on. They have found something though. In addition to his starts, he is definitely riding better. Looks like his old self. Only he knows if he really feels comfortable with the bike and where they are going. The ball is definitely in Kawi's court to keep him. They can make the '18 anything they want right now to best suit him and be suitable for production.
He probably realizes that if he gets an offer at KTM they will build to suit with the FE models. I wouldn't shut the door at Honda either. If Honda really wants to win, and I think they do with their hiring of Kenny, then they may make an off Eli can't turn down. From a business perspective I don't think it's a given the Kenny will be back, and be himself (I sure hope so though as a fan!).

Note: I do not believe Roczen had the title won at all. He wasn't catching Dungey at Anaheim and Dungey had matched his speed the week prior.
peelout
3/20/2017 8:51am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 8:54am
We honestly might not see an ass kicking like that for a while. 1:30 on second is out of this world in that class
i'd take KR kicking ET's ass in 20ish motos last summer over a couple of large margin wins any day (the ish is because of the one moto at GH when his forks sprung a leak, he was a good 20s up on ET)

but that's just me
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
3/20/2017 8:56am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 8:57am
peelout wrote:
i'd take KR kicking ET's ass in 20ish motos last summer over a couple of large margin wins any day (the ish is because of the...
i'd take KR kicking ET's ass in 20ish motos last summer over a couple of large margin wins any day (the ish is because of the one moto at GH when his forks sprung a leak, he was a good 20s up on ET)

but that's just me
PS: KR was also in those races where ET was schooling everybody by over a minute for 5 straight motos until he put his shoulders on backwards in moto 6, in which he was leading..
3/20/2017 9:13am
I'm seeing to many asterisks here and for that reason i'm out.
#vitalsharktank
peelout
3/20/2017 9:15am
peelout wrote:
i'd take KR kicking ET's ass in 20ish motos last summer over a couple of large margin wins any day (the ish is because of the...

but that's just me
nrosso391 wrote:
PS: KR was also in those races where ET was schooling everybody by over a minute for 5 straight motos until he put his shoulders on...
PS: KR was also in those races where ET was schooling everybody by over a minute for 5 straight motos until he put his shoulders on backwards in moto 6, in which he was leading..
again, i'd take KR kicking ET's ass in 20ish motos last summer over a couple of large margin wins any day
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/20/2017 9:27am
Whether he stays at Kawasaki remains to be seen. Yep, the setup is on point for him now, and he's crushing it.

But that doesn't mean other teams aren't courting him.
KC435
3/20/2017 10:20am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 10:22am
I would imagine KTM and Suzuki are crunching the numbers hard right now. However, the KTM deal makes you wonder: Would he have to train with Aldon and the gang? Eli seems to like to have his own groove and freedom (which works) and I don't see him wanting the "KTM life" unless they make an exception for him. Right now it appears Kawi is giving him that and maybe more. Plus, does he get to run KYB on the KTM? Suzuki looks like they can let him do his own thing, but do they have the money that ME Kawi and KTM have? Plus...he would have to go through the , "Hey we have a great, redesigned bike for you Eli." Not saying it won't be any good...just sayin. Anyway...I imagine Eli is not signing with anyone until the last minute , ....as his asking price just keeps going up and up. But as a Kawi man...I'd like to see him stay. Smile
hvaughn88
3/20/2017 10:34am
KC435 wrote:
I would imagine KTM and Suzuki are crunching the numbers hard right now. However, the KTM deal makes you wonder: Would he have to train with...
I would imagine KTM and Suzuki are crunching the numbers hard right now. However, the KTM deal makes you wonder: Would he have to train with Aldon and the gang? Eli seems to like to have his own groove and freedom (which works) and I don't see him wanting the "KTM life" unless they make an exception for him. Right now it appears Kawi is giving him that and maybe more. Plus, does he get to run KYB on the KTM? Suzuki looks like they can let him do his own thing, but do they have the money that ME Kawi and KTM have? Plus...he would have to go through the , "Hey we have a great, redesigned bike for you Eli." Not saying it won't be any good...just sayin. Anyway...I imagine Eli is not signing with anyone until the last minute , ....as his asking price just keeps going up and up. But as a Kawi man...I'd like to see him stay. Smile
Why would he have to train with Aldon? Trey doesn't.
KC435
3/20/2017 10:50am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 11:08am
I don't know. That is why I put a question mark after it. Why does Dungey? Do they make him? Is it in his contract?
mxb2
3/20/2017 11:07am
Imo, unless he is offered some crazy contract ,way more than what he makes now. Stay put,seems like you have the bike figured out now , titles,wins probably would make up the difference of starting on a new team and bike. Those other bikes are great, maybe he might have a chance to ride them after contract or before making his decision.
IWreckALot
3/20/2017 11:09am
KC435 wrote:
I would imagine KTM and Suzuki are crunching the numbers hard right now. However, the KTM deal makes you wonder: Would he have to train with...
My best guess is that a top rider makes his own decisions until those decisions appear to hinder his ability to win.

Post a reply to: Tomac

The Latest