Tomac

Spat24
Fantasy
856th
1/22/2017 10:20am
Just my opinion that he and the team are not adjusting to the changing track throughout the night. In qualifying the track is good and he can fly. During the night show the track deteriorates and they don't adjust the bike enough to ride it as fast.

During the post race press Conf - Ryan, Marvin and Cole all stated how sketchy the track was. Seeley even said he backed it down the last laps because of the track.

But I do think tomac will not be green next year. I am hoping RCH or JGR. Neither of those teams have a title contender.
Zalev
1/22/2017 10:22am
Just too much pressure.
vetmxr
1/22/2017 11:22am
Zalev wrote:
Just too much pressure.
It might be this, but to me it looks like they can't make that bike turn, his front end doesn't look planted and then he panics a little when he sees people he's supposed to be beating, ahead of him and pulling away from him. So he tries to override a bike that won't handle for him to make things happen and then his arms pump up. It may be a mental thing, but looks like a bike thing to me, I can't imagine the pressure to perform at that level.

I feel like I'm going to puke and shit myself every time I line up at a little race out in a field somewhere, that few people even know about let alone care about. As opposed to performing at the top level, in a packed stadium with millions of dollars and careers that depend on how I ride that night. Makes my arms tighten up a little just typing this....Smile
1/22/2017 11:38am
I feel sorry for Kawasaki, they must have thought Eli would pull it off but it's starting to look pretty bad, hey maybe JG will take it up a notch.

The Shop

Indy mxer
1/22/2017 11:44am
Spat24 wrote:
Just my opinion that he and the team are not adjusting to the changing track throughout the night. In qualifying the track is good and he...
Just my opinion that he and the team are not adjusting to the changing track throughout the night. In qualifying the track is good and he can fly. During the night show the track deteriorates and they don't adjust the bike enough to ride it as fast.

During the post race press Conf - Ryan, Marvin and Cole all stated how sketchy the track was. Seeley even said he backed it down the last laps because of the track.

But I do think tomac will not be green next year. I am hoping RCH or JGR. Neither of those teams have a title contender.
I think you're onto something here. As the tracks get worse he slows down. But for those who say it's the bike, I think that's not the case.

He's been really fast in qualifying and heats this year, but sucks in the mains. He couldn't do that if the bike was the problem. Numerous times he's been the fastest rider on the track!

Also, he could still be having problems with arm pump.
es337
1/22/2017 12:12pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
He woulda been 9th if Roczen didn't crash
10th if ando wasnt dq'd
1/22/2017 12:16pm
"Slowmac"? Wow, that's a pretty brutal nickname but it will probably stick until he turns things around. I have faith in him, it's a long season and I think he could turn things around and become a contender again....he's just in a slump right now and he'll figure it out.
danman
1/22/2017 12:42pm
To me, Eli is not comfortable on the bike. He looked way uncomfortable in the main.
It's been mentioned on here before. He rides very forward, but the Kawi is a rear steer machine. He seemed to be sitting forward and brake sliding into many corners. He looks more comfortable railing corners, not squaring them.
bsharkey
1/22/2017 12:47pm
Zalev wrote:
Just too much pressure.
vetmxr wrote:
It might be this, but to me it looks like they can't make that bike turn, his front end doesn't look planted and then he panics...
It might be this, but to me it looks like they can't make that bike turn, his front end doesn't look planted and then he panics a little when he sees people he's supposed to be beating, ahead of him and pulling away from him. So he tries to override a bike that won't handle for him to make things happen and then his arms pump up. It may be a mental thing, but looks like a bike thing to me, I can't imagine the pressure to perform at that level.

I feel like I'm going to puke and shit myself every time I line up at a little race out in a field somewhere, that few people even know about let alone care about. As opposed to performing at the top level, in a packed stadium with millions of dollars and careers that depend on how I ride that night. Makes my arms tighten up a little just typing this....Smile
that's a tough deal because tomac has always been on suzukis or Hondas which are both great turning bikes
bsharkey
1/22/2017 12:50pm
that last MXON race he was on the Honda where he crashed and came back to almost win? I know its not Sx but we all saw that guy, isn't it possible maybe he might not recovery fully from that dbl shoulder issue?
Indy mxer
1/22/2017 12:57pm
Zalev wrote:
Just too much pressure.
vetmxr wrote:
It might be this, but to me it looks like they can't make that bike turn, his front end doesn't look planted and then he panics...

bsharkey wrote:
that's a tough deal because tomac has always been on suzukis or Hondas which are both great turning bikes
The Kawasasaki WAS a rear steer bike. I know I've ridden them since 06. But the new 16 and 17 450 is far from that.
I have one. Even had my buddy, who rides an RMZ take it out for a spin. He commented how well it turned.
Now that said, it doesn't turn like a Zook. But nothing does.

Like I said before. If it was the bike, how do you explain the fact that he was the fastest qualifier yesterday and has shown he can be the fastest rider on the track at times?

As some have said here, I think he's dealing with arm pump again or some other physical/mental thing.

And it could be, as mentioned here, they aren't adjusting the set up with the changing track
Huevos
1/22/2017 1:04pm
Doesn't really explain how Josh Grant beat him though. I think Eli is dealing with Eli right now.
51xc
1/22/2017 1:11pm
no idea what's going on but he was literally just cruising around in 8th. his cornerspeed looks awful and usually that's eli's strength.
daemon616
1/22/2017 1:16pm
Maybe they'll find something in his locker soon.
jeffro503
1/22/2017 1:21pm
Not sure what it is. But qualifying and heat races he looks really fast. The mains....just can not get himself and the bike to gel.

I don't know for sure on this....but when i watch him , the longer the race goes , the more he seems to fight the bike. I also think he may be suffering from some bad arm pump for some reason.

Just my opinion on what I've seen so far.
1/22/2017 1:44pm
Seemed Eli was taking an extra dab or two with his feet in a lot of the corners. Loss of traction on the front end ?
1/22/2017 3:50pm
51xc wrote:
no idea what's going on but he was literally just cruising around in 8th. his cornerspeed looks awful and usually that's eli's strength.
Looked like he was skidding the back end in every corner like the front just won't turn.
mx836
1/22/2017 4:34pm
mx836 wrote:
You haters are so pathetic. GTFO of here and don't come back. Spare us your stupidity.
cali11 wrote:
Dude calm down & take your fucking meds
MX114 wrote:
I see this mx836 guy tweeking way too much on here. Cross rutted and going off in here like a total spode. My advice is get...
I see this mx836 guy tweeking way too much on here. Cross rutted and going off in here like a total spode. My advice is get your lines figured out and ride your own race man. Quit acting like your the goat of vitalmx
Tweaking out? LOL Yeah, so mad. It's just dumb. Maybe you can't comprehend sarcasm.
SVT-Cobra
1/22/2017 5:49pm
Did anyone notice his bike smoking last night also? I know they smoke, but it seemed more than usual.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
1/22/2017 5:58pm
Is tomac on a spring fork or air?
vetmxr
1/22/2017 6:01pm
Huevos wrote:
Doesn't really explain how Josh Grant beat him though. I think Eli is dealing with Eli right now.
Theres a possibility that Grant was "on" last night.........When grant is on and feels good, he is tough to beat.....who knows?? except Eli.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
1/22/2017 6:10pm
Im wondering if he is easy to fatigue? Maybe his muscles feel weaker and get sore more than usual?
rancor19
1/22/2017 6:25pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
es337 wrote:
10th if ando wasnt dq'd
11th if JS7 was there.

j/k
Bigfoot
1/22/2017 7:00pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
es337 wrote:
10th if ando wasnt dq'd
rancor19 wrote:
11th if JS7 was there.

j/k
Woulda won if those other dudes hadn't gone faster.
mx836
1/22/2017 7:01pm
SVT-Cobra wrote:
Did anyone notice his bike smoking last night also? I know they smoke, but it seemed more than usual.
I noticed that also. Two laps in a row. It seemed to be getting worse then stopped smoking from what I could tell.
gabrielito
1/22/2017 7:07pm
Maybe Tomac is just a lot better outdoors than in. Maybe he doesn't gel with the Kawi. I don't think mental focus could effect someone that much. Maybe keep a podium guy from being a championship guy but not a potential race winner to eighth place.

Post a reply to: Tomac

The Latest