Tomac

The Champ
Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 9:11pm
Impressive first ride back from injury and on a new bike. Pretty cool to see him set the fastest lap in heat and the main. Once he gets back intoshape and more Comfortable on the new bike he will be hard to beat.
|
kiwifan
1/9/2016 10:25pm
I was hoping he would win, he has already said hes very comfortable on the bike, so getting comfortable isnt the thing he needs to do...
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
1/9/2016 10:34pm
The Champ wrote:
Impressive first ride back from injury and on a new bike. Pretty cool to see him set the fastest lap in heat and the main. Once...
Impressive first ride back from injury and on a new bike. Pretty cool to see him set the fastest lap in heat and the main. Once he gets back intoshape and more Comfortable on the new bike he will be hard to beat.
I was impressed as well. You can tell he got a bit winded but hung in there and finished well. I think when he gets in tip top shape he will be tough to beat.

The Shop

BKoonts
1/9/2016 10:41pm
Tomac knows that you cannot win a title in the first round but you can sure lose one. The top guys did what they needed to do tonight. A1 has become a traditionally unique race with regard to unexpected winners so there is absolutely no need to push the issue. Dungey's ride after being put down was pretty dang impressive though.
early
Fantasy
2231st
1/9/2016 10:51pm
He put up a good fight tonite even when it wasnt very pretty. Everyone had moments tonite, the lucky are going home thankful to come back next week. Fourth is a great finish to build on.
BSmooth13
1/9/2016 11:07pm
Long time fan, first time caller....lol but seriously, you all make solid points. I know that what you're saying is on point - a good, solid start - but the fan in me wanted more. Seemed like a lot of timing-type errors in technical sections, which I just attribute to not having enough seat time post-surgery. Glad to see him come away healthy after the most ridiculous night of racing in the past couple of years, and am looking for big things this year
1/9/2016 11:09pm
He's admitted while he's comfortable on the bike he's not quite at 100%. take that with the lessons he surely learned about going " balls out. " racing and this is a great showing for him, he like Kenny have got to have championship mindsets and goals this year.
Sully22
1/9/2016 11:22pm
I think he rode smart and got outta there...huge props for him coming back from the double shoulder surgery plus switching teams and riding so well.
2thefront
1/9/2016 11:30pm
Very good ride for him. Looked like he got a bit winded early on but was able to maintain. He should only get better.
kkawboy14
1/10/2016 6:43am
He did exactly what he needed to do.
Agreed! That has to be a victory for him to have controlled all the emotions and finished without getting beat up at round 1
JOSHJ
1/10/2016 6:46am
Yep, and Supercross isn't his specialty.
What? He finished 2nd in the points last year....
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/10/2016 6:49am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 6:49am
He looked like he was on ice a few times and the bike kept twitching on him in corners. I think he needs some time to adjust to a completely different chassis that you can't 100% turn with the front wheel.
mxb2
1/10/2016 6:52am
Nice, top 5, after out awhile. He will be in the title hunt if he stays healthy.
kkawboy14
1/10/2016 6:55am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 6:56am
MxKing809 wrote:
He looked like he was on ice a few times and the bike kept twitching on him in corners. I think he needs some time to...
He looked like he was on ice a few times and the bike kept twitching on him in corners. I think he needs some time to adjust to a completely different chassis that you can't 100% turn with the front wheel.
It seemed like he was playing with what gear he was in, he would be a gear low then a gear high, until he just settled down
1/10/2016 7:09am
Considering his past, the goal had to be to finish and grab some points. He definitely looks really fast but he has got to figure out his starts. It looks like that will continue to haunt him and it's the last missing piece.
Trav138
1/10/2016 7:14am
kiwifan wrote:
I was hoping he would win, he has already said hes very comfortable on the bike, so getting comfortable isnt the thing he needs to do...
When was his last race? His first race back(on a new brand) after double shoulder surgery i think his comfort level will only go up lol. Comfort on a bike can have many variables.
Wildeye511
1/10/2016 8:11am
2thefront wrote:
Very good ride for him. Looked like he got a bit winded early on but was able to maintain. He should only get better.
I agree.... Did anyone notice how bad he was sweating after his heat race win, maybe his fitness is a bit lacking from where he would want it to be. I am sure he will figure it out and be in the hunt for the championship. Solid ride
Suns_PSD
1/10/2016 8:16am
Big ET3 fan here and I think as far as absolute speed, he is the fastest MXer currently. But, that KX is not working very well for him. I have not ridden the new one but it still looks like a rear wheel steering bike to me. Worked very well for RV2, not so much for ET3, imo.
I'm sure the KX will get dialed in time, and it won't slow him down outdoors. It's easy to confuse 'feels faster' with 'is faster'. Clearly, at the factory level, the Hondas and the KTM/ Huskys are working the best and their riders can put them anywhere on the track.
The Champ
1/10/2016 8:18am
kiwifan wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
When was his last race? His first race back(on a new brand) after double shoulder surgery i think his comfort level will only go up lol...
When was his last race? His first race back(on a new brand) after double shoulder surgery i think his comfort level will only go up lol. Comfort on a bike can have many variables.
Yeah I didn't get that either with people saying he's already comfortable. He just had 2 major surgerys, long lay off, New bike & team. He's gota while till he's 100%
1/10/2016 8:24am
Suns_PSD wrote:
Big ET3 fan here and I think as far as absolute speed, he is the fastest MXer currently. But, that KX is not working very well...
Big ET3 fan here and I think as far as absolute speed, he is the fastest MXer currently. But, that KX is not working very well for him. I have not ridden the new one but it still looks like a rear wheel steering bike to me. Worked very well for RV2, not so much for ET3, imo.
I'm sure the KX will get dialed in time, and it won't slow him down outdoors. It's easy to confuse 'feels faster' with 'is faster'. Clearly, at the factory level, the Hondas and the KTM/ Huskys are working the best and their riders can put them anywhere on the track.
"Rear wheel steering..." That's what Ralph said too , he was always quick to point out how a KX is best steered with the fear wheel when VilloPOOto was racing..
1/10/2016 8:27am
Considering his past, the goal had to be to finish and grab some points. He definitely looks really fast but he has got to figure out...
Considering his past, the goal had to be to finish and grab some points. He definitely looks really fast but he has got to figure out his starts. It looks like that will continue to haunt him and it's the last missing piece.
Didn't he grab, or at least almost get the holeshot on the restart?
1/10/2016 8:55am
Yep. But one good and one bad isn't great. I guess we'll see but to me it means more of the same. Remember he fought Matthes about how bad his starts were at the beginning of last year but as the year wore on it became apparent that it was a problem.

He needs to at least get reasonable starts on a bad drop. I guess we'll see but it looks like more of the same to me.
51xc
1/10/2016 9:35am
he didn't look as near as aggressive as he did last year. that tells me his strength is not up to what it was. he raced a smart race, just rode his own race and stayed out of trouble. it will take a view rounds i think till he has the speed for all 20 laps but as long as he can collect good points and stay in the hunt, he will be a contender.
ATKpilot99
1/10/2016 10:16am
Really good performance considering what he's coming back from imo.
craaigo
1/10/2016 10:18am
They all say they are comfortable on the bike. He was definalty not comfortable on the bike. He will be so much faster when he is
51xc
1/10/2016 10:36am
craaigo wrote:
They all say they are comfortable on the bike. He was definalty not comfortable on the bike. He will be so much faster when he is
he had the fastes lap of the main. sounds comfortable enough to me. first race back in a long time. bet he is glad it is over, especially with him messing up last year at a1.
kiwifan
1/10/2016 10:45am
craaigo wrote:
51xc wrote:
he had the fastes lap of the main. sounds comfortable enough to me. first race back in a long time. bet he is glad it is...
he had the fastes lap of the main. sounds comfortable enough to me. first race back in a long time. bet he is glad it is over, especially with him messing up last year at a1.
exactly !!!!
davistld01
1/10/2016 10:47am
craaigo wrote:
Totally got that too. But, it's the first race of the season & he'll adapt to the bike under real race conditions, and the team will figure stuff out too before long.

Post a reply to: Tomac

The Latest