Tom Zont Racing review. Ktm 250 sxf.

i posted a little over 2 months ago about my transmision breaking in my 2015.5 ktm 250 sxf. I wasnt sure who to send it to but after a little bit of looking online i came across tom zont racing which sounded firmiliar from watching a few arena cross races. I called to ask some questions and spoke to scott who was verry knowlegable so i felt good about sending my motor to them. I pulled the motor out and sent it in. A few days later i got a call from tom. Telling me what he saw when he split the cases. A few of the gears missing teeth, along with a few other things damaged. He texted me pictures of everything. One of the gears i needed was third wich he told me was on backorder. He got in touch with 2 different people with transmissions for sale that werent used because they had them switch out for ktm factory tranies. I ended up deciding to wait for the gears to be in stock because he said they are supposed to be udated and stronger. He gave my old transmision to his local dealer woodstock. I ended up waiting a a few weeks but somehow he got ktm to give me a complete transmission from a 2017 for free. With the money i saved on the transmission parts i ended up having him do some top end mods. The night he was putting it back together he called me to see exactly what i wanted to do with the top end. We spent about an hour on the phone while he explained all my different options and what he recomends and all that. He is supper knowlegeable and a super nice guy. He sent me a bunch of pictures of the modifications he did. The next day he shipped it back to me. I put the motor back in last weekend and finaly got to ride it yesterday. The motor was amazing. So fast and crisp. So the point of this whole long story is basicly that i highly recomend tom zont racing to anyone who needs engine work or even something simple like an ecu map. He took alot of time to explain to me everthing about what he was doing and kept me updated the whole time even when we were just waiting for ktm to get us the parts. I couldnt be happier with my choice. Tom is verry smart and a great guy and deffinitly knows what hes doing when it comes to motors.
|
brimx153
8/28/2016 12:55pm
just about every 2016 KTM sxf 250 . have been blowing up gearbox s here . And its gone very hard to get the parts
MX558
8/28/2016 4:39pm
TZR is a great shop and the only place most of us go in Northern IL . Your not going to find a more honest and knowledgeable guy in the business.
Moto520
8/28/2016 7:13pm
TZR Racing is a shop that I use for anything I can't do. Excellent.......excellent service and attention to detail. Very knowledgable and it's a great feeling knowing that there is a shop close by that I can fully trust. I hate everyone and everything so this recommendation is the highest honor that a shop can get.

The Shop

gekko
8/28/2016 11:39pm
Blew my gearbox 4 weeks ago. Resulted in a blown out knee and like icing on the cake, some fractures on my tibia. No more riding for a long time. Sucks hairy balls!

Post a reply to: Tom Zont Racing review. Ktm 250 sxf.

The Latest