Tom Vialle to America ??

tek14
6/15/2022 10:09pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Well, rumour in the MXGP paddock is that Benistant will race orange next season. So it's a possibility that he will fill Vialle's place (regardless if...
Well, rumour in the MXGP paddock is that Benistant will race orange next season. So it's a possibility that he will fill Vialle's place (regardless if he goes MXGP or AMA).
Benistant been on fire but will Yamaha let him go? He is super cool to watch and have great technique wheelie over braking bumbs and so on.
jeffro503
6/15/2022 10:32pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Bobby , great to see you here man!
LungButter wrote:
Shoot I didn't even notice it was Bondo! Coincidentally I was just talking to someone the other day about ol' Bondo putting the wood to everyone...
Shoot I didn't even notice it was Bondo!

Coincidentally I was just talking to someone the other day about ol' Bondo putting the wood to everyone at a WORCS race in Goldendale, WA on a KX250 years ago. Dude absolutely rode the wheels off the bike that day. Unreal. Musta been about '05?
bondsmx wrote:
2004. I’m old
Don't mean to derail the thread , but it brought back a memory of a post I had in here a few years ago. I went and got to talk to Bobby for a bit , and it was an honor. AND.....I still remember to this day how he just whipped the heck out of everyone at the pro shootout that night.

6/16/2022 2:29am
DeStouwer wrote:
Well, rumour in the MXGP paddock is that Benistant will race orange next season. So it's a possibility that he will fill Vialle's place (regardless if...
Well, rumour in the MXGP paddock is that Benistant will race orange next season. So it's a possibility that he will fill Vialle's place (regardless if he goes MXGP or AMA).
Gerts I’d put my money on moving over to KTM.
Money wrote:
Guess the star engine isn’t enough for him to stay blue lol
Mxvice said he’s heard another team is interested in getting gerts. It’s just a guess on my behalf
Snapper
6/16/2022 4:50am
UpTiTe wrote:
He’s aging out and there is no mx1 rides available, so we get to see him.
There's a ride for him with KTM in MXGP if he wants it.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/16/2022 5:12am
UpTiTe wrote:
Snapper wrote:
Why doesn’t he take it? Supercross, or doesn’t want to move up yet?
Motofinne
6/16/2022 5:14am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 5:16am
Gerts I’d put my money on moving over to KTM.
Money wrote:
Guess the star engine isn’t enough for him to stay blue lol
Mxvice said he’s heard another team is interested in getting gerts. It’s just a guess on my behalf
It's KTM, i don't understand why Lewis was beating around the bush with that. Too much hush-hush going on for him at the moment, we're almost in a situation where American based outlets do the MXGP silly season better than MX Vice at the moment.
6/16/2022 6:58am
I watched the 2000 Paris sx his dad was racing they mentioned he just had a baby boy.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
6/16/2022 8:58am
UpTiTe wrote:
Snapper wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Probably doesnt want to move up yet. Especially if he gets beat in the title this year, might feel its better to race another year on the 250 before moving up.
thall767
6/16/2022 9:21am
JT said on his pod that it sounds like he’s coming over and riding on factory KTM.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/16/2022 10:03am
Snapper wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
Probably doesnt want to move up yet. Especially if he gets beat in the title this year, might feel its better to race another year on...
Probably doesnt want to move up yet. Especially if he gets beat in the title this year, might feel its better to race another year on the 250 before moving up.
but does he have to move up next year? He's 21 and won't turn 23 until end of October next year. So he should be good age-wise? Or is the age limit based on the calendar year?
mxxxeR1
6/16/2022 10:08am
If vialle does not become chapioen this year....he can still start in the mx2 in 2023...??..why doesn't ktm want that...
hubbardmx50
6/16/2022 10:19am
Would be so awesome. We need more MXGP guys coming over. Is Ferrandis the last big star to come over from Europe? I can't think of anyone else other than Hunter Lawrence. Back in like 09/10 we had a ton of Euro guys coming over here. It would be great for Max to have a team mate and another rider to develop that bike.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
6/16/2022 1:49pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
Probably doesnt want to move up yet. Especially if he gets beat in the title this year, might feel its better to race another year on...
crusty_xx wrote:
but does he have to move up next year? He's 21 and won't turn 23 until end of October next year. So he should be good...
but does he have to move up next year? He's 21 and won't turn 23 until end of October next year. So he should be good age-wise? Or is the age limit based on the calendar year?
I am almost positive he has to move up, or at least I remember hearing that. Maybe something to do with winning a championship and getting x amount of years to defend? Or maybe if he wins two he has to leave and they are expecting that?
DonM
6/16/2022 3:02pm
Renner153 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
but does he have to move up next year? He's 21 and won't turn 23 until end of October next year. So he should be good...
Renner153 wrote:
I am almost positive he has to move up, or at least I remember hearing that. Maybe something to do with winning a championship and getting...
I am almost positive he has to move up, or at least I remember hearing that. Maybe something to do with winning a championship and getting x amount of years to defend? Or maybe if he wins two he has to leave and they are expecting that?
He would have to move up if he wins...its the Herlings rule....
MXMattii
6/16/2022 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 3:30pm
Renner153 wrote:
I am almost positive he has to move up, or at least I remember hearing that. Maybe something to do with winning a championship and getting...
Tom Vialle: D.O.B - Avignon, 28 oktober 2000. On paper he could do one more year in 2023 if he doesn't become world champion this year. Don't know if Vialle is open to Supercross, but seems that Geerts spoke to some teams back when he was in the USA watch Supercross. There are not that many qualitative seats in the MXGP (now with rumors about Jacky Martens probably going into World Supercross and Standing Contruct losing factory status) it gets even worse... So riding supercross will become more and more important for European riders too! At the youth races (Renner maybe saw Jago Geerts race one or two of them) was by the way pretty solid. (Most impressive is that he qualified on a 125cc machine between all 250 4strokes.

FIM RULES
2.2.MXGP FIM MXGP/MX2 Motocross World Championships
2.2.11 Riders who have won two FIM MX2 Motocross World Championships or reached the maximum age of 23 are not eligible to participate in the MX2 class.

2.3 Age of Riders
2.3.3 Maximum age for MX2 is 23 years old
2.3.4 The limit for the maximum age finishes at the end of the calendar year in which the rider reaches the maximum age of the class in question.

aeffertz
6/16/2022 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2022 11:17am
Would be so awesome. We need more MXGP guys coming over. Is Ferrandis the last big star to come over from Europe? I can't think of...
Would be so awesome. We need more MXGP guys coming over. Is Ferrandis the last big star to come over from Europe? I can't think of anyone else other than Hunter Lawrence. Back in like 09/10 we had a ton of Euro guys coming over here. It would be great for Max to have a team mate and another rider to develop that bike.
Brian Moreau was a European 125 Class Champion and came over in 2020 at age 17 with a promising future in the class racing for Factory RedBull KTM.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
6/16/2022 4:55pm
Snapper wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
its crazy because stewart, rc , reed and many more were racing the premiere class before turning 21. I guess maybe vaille doesnt believe he can be competitive in the premiere class yet or just wants to race supercross.
DonM
6/16/2022 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 5:30pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
its crazy because stewart, rc , reed and many more were racing the premiere class before turning 21. I guess maybe vaille doesnt believe he can...
its crazy because stewart, rc , reed and many more were racing the premiere class before turning 21. I guess maybe vaille doesnt believe he can be competitive in the premiere class yet or just wants to race supercross.
Big difference in a 250 two stroke back in the day and a factory 450...probably a huge reason why riders stay on 250's longer...
roninho
6/17/2022 5:01am
crusty_xx wrote:
No he doesnt need to move up due to age, he can do another season based on age. However if he wins the title he will have to move up, since 2 championships means move up regardless of age.

mx313
6/17/2022 5:25am
I think the original comment was if Tom Vialle wins the championship he is a chance to move to the us. If he doesn't win I would say he is on the same ride as this year.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/17/2022 5:55am
mx313 wrote:
I think the original comment was if Tom Vialle wins the championship he is a chance to move to the us. If he doesn't win I...
I think the original comment was if Tom Vialle wins the championship he is a chance to move to the us. If he doesn't win I would say he is on the same ride as this year.
Now I'm not sure who to root for anymore. Kinda want Geerts to win the title but also wouldn't mind to see Vialle in the US
cesar_rc4
6/17/2022 7:00am
crusty_xx wrote:
Now I'm not sure who to root for anymore. Kinda want Geerts to win the title but also wouldn't mind to see Vialle in the US
I like to see him in usa to see if Ktm Usa problem are the riders or just the team...
And mx2 vs usa guys too because some people thinks that Vialle and Geerts are slower than top 250 guys in Usa
chasetwo79
6/17/2022 9:20am
UpTiTe wrote:
I find this wild. I watch every MXGP and there is usually like 22-27 guys on the gate right now. When they show the start the gate looks empty. Why wouldn’t there be more rides for a badass like Vialle.

Everyone always talks about the US nationals getting wiped out one day but they get 80 450s trying to qualify in the 450s. At the rate the GPs are going, we’ll see a sub 20 person gate here soon.
roninho
6/17/2022 9:49am
UpTiTe wrote:
chasetwo79 wrote:
I find this wild. I watch every MXGP and there is usually like 22-27 guys on the gate right now. When they show the start the...
I find this wild. I watch every MXGP and there is usually like 22-27 guys on the gate right now. When they show the start the gate looks empty. Why wouldn’t there be more rides for a badass like Vialle.

Everyone always talks about the US nationals getting wiped out one day but they get 80 450s trying to qualify in the 450s. At the rate the GPs are going, we’ll see a sub 20 person gate here soon.
Because its not true. Vialle can get a factory ride in any class he wants.
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/17/2022 10:30am
UpTiTe wrote:
chasetwo79 wrote:
I find this wild. I watch every MXGP and there is usually like 22-27 guys on the gate right now. When they show the start the...

roninho wrote:
Because its not true. Vialle can get a factory ride in any class he wants.
Just like Tony Cairoli could get paid by any team for the results he's putting in. Do you have any actual info or are you just being hopeful?

Post a reply to: Tom Vialle to America ??

The Latest