Tom Vialle 2022 MX2 World Champion.

Mavetism
Grats Tom Vialle on this season, four horrible motos and still taking it, barely edging out Jago Geerts by 4 points with a 1-1 today.

Can't wait to see him over in the US next year.
|
9/4/2022 6:53am
Mavetism wrote:
Grats Tom Vialle on this season, four horrible motos and still taking it, barely edging out Jago Geerts by 4 points with a 1-1 today. Can't...
Grats Tom Vialle on this season, four horrible motos and still taking it, barely edging out Jago Geerts by 4 points with a 1-1 today.

Can't wait to see him over in the US next year.
I’m Team Geerts all the way but you can’t deny Tom rode brilliantly today.
philG
9/4/2022 6:59am
Second title that has been 'lost' by following... Vialle has his own crash, and Geerts rides by... different result

Same with Tomac and Sexton at Wasgougal.

Dont get sucked in to someone elses mistake.
9/4/2022 7:06am
What an amazing last round. They were wide open! Have to say Geerts lost it. I can't believe he didn't properly block passed Vialle when he had the inside line twice before the rollers. I am sure he now regrets that.

Another world champion heading to the USA and no Americans coming over to Europe. You may ask why... but we all know why.
philG
9/4/2022 7:10am
thepelican wrote:
What an amazing last round. They were wide open! Have to say Geerts lost it. I can't believe he didn't properly block passed Vialle when he...
What an amazing last round. They were wide open! Have to say Geerts lost it. I can't believe he didn't properly block passed Vialle when he had the inside line twice before the rollers. I am sure he now regrets that.

Another world champion heading to the USA and no Americans coming over to Europe. You may ask why... but we all know why.
Is it cos they know they can win?

The Shop

Barrzy256
9/4/2022 7:13am
thepelican wrote:
What an amazing last round. They were wide open! Have to say Geerts lost it. I can't believe he didn't properly block passed Vialle when he...

philG wrote:
Is it cos they know they can win?
Because he doesn’t want to roll around in 8-15th in MXGP?
Spudinki45
Fantasy
2985th
9/4/2022 7:14am
Vialle 2023 mx champion? You'd have to say the euros are a bit faster at mx
Mavetism
9/4/2022 7:22am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 7:25am
Spudinki45 wrote:
It's always hard to compare riders in a different series, but I think Jett has everyone covered on a 250 right now. Vialle and Geerts are fast af though. It's also a whole different thing to adapt to a new team and a new schedule. Roczen back in 2011 was probably the fastest 250 guy on the planet and even he needed a couple years to adapt in the US.
I don't think he will come and dominate. First he has to get used to and make it healthy through supercross, then he has limited time instead of multiple months off season like in the EU to get settings for outdoors, then he has to learn the tracks etc.
I would be surprised if he doesn't win motos next year, but please stop crowning champions before anything happened, this sport is unpredictable.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/4/2022 7:23am
thepelican wrote:

Why can’t you just congratulate someone on their accomplishments without trying to stir up shit?
9/4/2022 7:23am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 7:26am
Spudinki45 wrote:
I think Tomac and Sexton may have something to say about that.

They’re all amazing. I have absolutely no idea who would win a season long championship and neither do you. The top AMA boys seem to be a little more consistent though.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/4/2022 7:25am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 7:26am
Spudinki45 wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
It's always hard to compare riders in a different series, but I think Jett has everyone covered on a 250 right now. Vialle and Geerts are...
It's always hard to compare riders in a different series, but I think Jett has everyone covered on a 250 right now. Vialle and Geerts are fast af though. It's also a whole different thing to adapt to a new team and a new schedule. Roczen back in 2011 was probably the fastest 250 guy on the planet and even he needed a couple years to adapt in the US.
I don't think he will come and dominate. First he has to get used to and make it healthy through supercross, then he has limited time instead of multiple months off season like in the EU to get settings for outdoors, then he has to learn the tracks etc.
I would be surprised if he doesn't win motos next year, but please stop crowning champions before anything happened, this sport is unpredictable.
Kenny came over not ready for the week in week out racing and out of shape for the hot races. Kenny also walked into arguably the most stacked 125/250 season ever. Look at the names in that top 10 in 2012. Vialle is coming over as a man in his 20’s in a much weaker field. He could very well win the championship in his first year.
Mavetism
9/4/2022 7:29am
Park Boys wrote:
Kenny came over not ready for the week in week out racing and out of shape for the hot races. Kenny also walked into arguably the...
Kenny came over not ready for the week in week out racing and out of shape for the hot races. Kenny also walked into arguably the most stacked 125/250 season ever. Look at the names in that top 10 in 2012. Vialle is coming over as a man in his 20’s in a much weaker field. He could very well win the championship in his first year.
Yeah for sure the depth of the 250 class in 2011/12/13 was crazy stacked. Roczen was on another level in 2011 on mxgp tracks. Another country, schedule and tracks is always a different beast though.
9/4/2022 7:43am
Park Boys wrote:
Why can’t you just congratulate someone on their accomplishments without trying to stir up shit?
"What an amazing last round. They were wide open!" is a way of saying they both did amazing. If it's still not clear enough: congratulations to both of them! They sure gave us an amazing championship. I just feel bad for Geerts losing it that way.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/4/2022 7:57am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 7:57am
The US series is far more superior than the GP series. Even more so next year with the depth, the current 250 world champion and the full gates.

MXGP is currently limping on crutches and all those far away races in weird countries ain't helping.

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
9/4/2022 9:05am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 9:18am
Geerts lacks mental toughness, makes many mistakes. Maybe the pressure or lack of confidence/focus. He needs that fellow countryman Desalle toughness in him. Congrats to Vialle.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/4/2022 9:39am
Spudinki45 wrote:
He's gotta make it through SX first. Hunter and Jo look pretty damn good too, definitely a step above the rest of the pack.
tek14
9/4/2022 9:39am
How lucky Vialle got again..
wreckitrandy
9/4/2022 9:54am
Spudinki45 wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
It's always hard to compare riders in a different series, but I think Jett has everyone covered on a 250 right now. Vialle and Geerts are...
Park Boys wrote:
Kenny came over not ready for the week in week out racing and out of shape for the hot races. Kenny also walked into arguably the...
Outdoors, he would have to be a favorite. Unless, he mangles himself racing stoopiecross.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/4/2022 9:55am
Spudinki45 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
He's gotta make it through SX first. Hunter and Jo look pretty damn good too, definitely a step above the rest of the pack.
Vialle will most likely race West Coast.
9/4/2022 10:01am
tek14 wrote:
How? Geerts made way too many mistakes in the last 2 rounds. He had a 26 point lead at one point & threw it away big time.
Elliot
9/4/2022 10:50am
tek14 wrote:
How? Geerts made way too many mistakes in the last 2 rounds. He had a 26 point lead at one point & threw it away big...
How? Geerts made way too many mistakes in the last 2 rounds. He had a 26 point lead at one point & threw it away big time.
Maybe that's what tek means, Vialle was lucky because Geerts threw it away.

I think this year they were pretty evenly matched speed wise but Vialle kept it on two wheels more. When does Geerts have to move up?
tek14
9/4/2022 10:56am
tek14 wrote:
How? Geerts made way too many mistakes in the last 2 rounds. He had a 26 point lead at one point & threw it away big...
You didnt watch races this year?
DeStouwer
9/4/2022 11:01am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 11:03am
Well deserved. All the stats (GP wins, race wins, laps led) are in his favour. Geerts threw everything away by himself the last rounds. Stating it depended on just a few inches (touching Vialle's wheel or not) is just the disappointment speaking.
9/4/2022 11:08am
tek14 wrote:
tek14 wrote:
You didnt watch races this year?
Yes I did, did you?
Mavetism
9/4/2022 11:26am
Yes I did, did you?
He obviously didn't. Vialle had 4 horrible races (2 dnf and two finishes outside the top 10th) and he still won it. Fastest guy no doubt.
cesar_rc4
9/4/2022 12:21pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Well deserved. All the stats (GP wins, race wins, laps led) are in his favour. Geerts threw everything away by himself the last rounds. Stating it...
Well deserved. All the stats (GP wins, race wins, laps led) are in his favour. Geerts threw everything away by himself the last rounds. Stating it depended on just a few inches (touching Vialle's wheel or not) is just the disappointment speaking.
Agree, i like Geerts and Vialle but the last one has better stats.
These two rode amazing, not matter who won but well deserved championship.
Next year mx2 title imo is for benistant, after his injury he was so fast and i think next year he is going to be stronger.
9/4/2022 1:04pm
Spudinki45 wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
I got off watching motocross a bit this year. When I came back and saw that Jett was in front in MX, I thought the man was probably unbeatable. After catching up with both 250 outdoors and MX2, I'm not so sure. Tom and Jago are, in my opinion, faster than anyone else out there...
jemcee
9/4/2022 7:02pm
The Rene Hofer plate on the podium was heavy and classy of Tom
OleTex
9/4/2022 7:17pm
I can’t wait to see him here in the USA. I think he has huge potential.
bowl
9/4/2022 8:50pm
tek14 wrote:
Geerts crashed by himself in first moto, geerts crashing a little to much still.

Post a reply to: Tom Vialle 2022 MX2 World Champion.

The Latest