Tom Cruise or TP199?

sandtrack315
|

The Shop

OLDMOTO
9/8/2020 11:40am
Do you really beleive that was Tom Cruise doing the stunt? I'm skeptical that the multibillion dollar movie studio would let the 58 year old multimillionair star of their megamillion dollar production risk his life and the completion of the movie project. I could be wrong. Whoever did the stunt was pretty good.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/8/2020 12:28pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Do you really beleive that was Tom Cruise doing the stunt? I'm skeptical that the multibillion dollar movie studio would let the 58 year old multimillionair...
Do you really beleive that was Tom Cruise doing the stunt? I'm skeptical that the multibillion dollar movie studio would let the 58 year old multimillionair star of their megamillion dollar production risk his life and the completion of the movie project. I could be wrong. Whoever did the stunt was pretty good.
Might want to read up on him.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/8/2020 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 12:34pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Do you really beleive that was Tom Cruise doing the stunt? I'm skeptical that the multibillion dollar movie studio would let the 58 year old multimillionair...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I can 100% promise you that was not Tom doing that stunt. Not a chance in hell the Insurance Co. would allow that stunt to be performed by him. He does do a ton of his own stunts, but those all involve safety rigs that can be performed in a controlled environment, I.E. the stunt where he is hanging onto the side of the plane in Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/8/2020 12:31pm
What risk? He has Lord Xenu looking after him.
OLDMOTO
9/8/2020 12:46pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's 58 years old, he is not jumping off a bridge on a motorcycle and parachuting to the ground.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/8/2020 12:53pm
davis224 wrote:
But it's probably him. I don't really watch any of his movies but I did see this floating around the interwebs. [url=https://youtu.be/afb2z3SCKnI]not trapped in the closet...
But it's probably him. I don't really watch any of his movies but I did see this floating around the interwebs.
not trapped in the closet here
The plane jump is legit, but as mentioned the whole point of Tom doing his own stunts is getting his face on camera without a ton of CGI work. Jumping out of a plane in a controlled environment from 25k feet with rescue jumpers in flight should his chute not open properly is light years more insurable than base jumping a motorcycle over a rock cliff with zero room for error.
OLDMOTO
9/8/2020 12:59pm
I know there are movie industry people that post here. I would defer to their experience and actual knowledge.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/8/2020 2:54pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
OLDMOTO wrote:
He's 58 years old, he is not jumping off a bridge on a motorcycle and parachuting to the ground.
He may be 58 but the "church" probably has a stable of blood boys for him that's got him feeling so fresh he's just gotta jump off of everything. Planes, motorcycles, couches, and so on.
gerg
9/8/2020 3:12pm
It is Tom Cruise, he did the jump four times and yes he is a badass.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/8/2020 3:43pm
gerg wrote:
Talked to my friend Eddie who is the Editor just to clarify this up. Tom did a version of it with a rip cord attached to a pull line that pulled the chute as soon as he left the ramp for the drone shots of him floating down. He did NOT do the full free fall shot that is shown in the video. See reference pics attached in these tweets. In one you can see the safety harness and rip cord attached to Tom, and the chute on the CRF. In the other there are no safety rigs or bike chute.

Still pretty bad ass though.

https://twitter.com/Ethan77079079/status/1297307754038796293?ref_src=tw…

https://twitter.com/webbtertainment/status/1302914115946655744?ref_src=…

9/8/2020 3:46pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
I can 100% promise you that was not Tom doing that stunt. Not a chance in hell the Insurance Co. would allow that stunt to be...
I can 100% promise you that was not Tom doing that stunt. Not a chance in hell the Insurance Co. would allow that stunt to be performed by him. He does do a ton of his own stunts, but those all involve safety rigs that can be performed in a controlled environment, I.E. the stunt where he is hanging onto the side of the plane in Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.
I gotta agree with this. So many things could go wrong there
FWYT
9/9/2020 9:27am
OLDMOTO wrote:
I know there are movie industry people that post here. I would defer to their experience and actual knowledge.
That'd be Avidchimp.
9/9/2020 9:36am
OLDMOTO wrote:
His movies are self-produced with distribution by Paramount.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/9/2020 9:37am
One of my best friends is Tom Cruise stunt double, but did not go on this movie. I asked him about this stunt and he said that Tom probably did it himself, but he hadn’t talked to his people about it.
Tom has been skydiving since Rumblefish and Outsiders. My dad took a bunch of them (Young actors) up while they were in Oklahoma for a year filming. It doesn’t surprise me if it was him, but it’s a risky move on productions part.
OLDMOTO
9/9/2020 9:39am
gerg wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
Talked to my friend Eddie who is the Editor just to clarify this up. Tom did a version of it with a rip cord attached to...
Talked to my friend Eddie who is the Editor just to clarify this up. Tom did a version of it with a rip cord attached to a pull line that pulled the chute as soon as he left the ramp for the drone shots of him floating down. He did NOT do the full free fall shot that is shown in the video. See reference pics attached in these tweets. In one you can see the safety harness and rip cord attached to Tom, and the chute on the CRF. In the other there are no safety rigs or bike chute.

Still pretty bad ass though.

https://twitter.com/Ethan77079079/status/1297307754038796293?ref_src=tw…

https://twitter.com/webbtertainment/status/1302914115946655744?ref_src=…

There is quite a difference between the two isn't there. Still pretty good for 58 years old. I felt pretty certain that an insurance company wouldn't let the big star do something like that. I doubt they care about his life very much,, just the money and picture deal.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/9/2020 9:40am
OLDMOTO wrote:
His movies are self-produced with distribution by Paramount.
The M.I. series is owned and produced by Paramount.

Post a reply to: Tom Cruise or TP199?

The Latest