Todd Krieg and wife post baby article

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2018 11:44 AM

|

1/2/2018 11:58 AM

That's a pretty cool story. Being in a chair myself it makes me think. The clock doesn't stop ticking so maybe it's time for me to get my ass in gear and get out there. No disrespect to the older parent's out there but I don't think I want to start a family when I'm in my forties.

That said any older guys on here that started having kids later in life? Maybe it's not as bad as I think it is?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/2/2018 12:39 PM

That's a cool story!!

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

1/2/2018 1:58 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That's a pretty cool story. Being in a chair myself it makes me think. The clock doesn't stop ticking so maybe it's time for me to get my ass in gear and get out there. No disrespect to the older parent's out there but I don't think I want to start a family when I'm in my forties.

That said any older guys on here that started having kids later in life? Maybe it's not as bad as I think it is?

I had my first when I was 34. That's not exactly old, but I am usually the oldest dad at the get-togethers or at school open houses. I don't mind at all, since I'm not exactly a mature grown-up anyway.

I would definitely caution against trying to get married and starting any family before you are ready, no matter how old you are. Looking back on my life, I'm glad I didn't get married and have kids any sooner than I did. There is no "ideal" age.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/2/2018 2:02 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Falcon wrote:

I had my first when I was 34. That's not exactly old, but I am usually the oldest dad at the get-togethers or at school open houses. I don't mind at all, since I'm not exactly a mature grown-up anyway.

I would definitely caution against trying to get married and starting any family before you are ready, no matter how old you are. Looking back on my life, I'm glad I didn't get married and have kids any sooner than I did. There is no "ideal" age.

i'm 34 now and me and the ol' lady are going back and forth about kids. she has a 6 year old, so there would be a big gap to a new baby. i'm also of the mind that when i'm in my 40's i don't want to be going to pre-school shit.

|

1/2/2018 2:15 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

It’s as good as you want it to be having kids smile I’m 43 got a 16 year old but got remarried now have a 3 year old and one due in 2 months and more planned. They keep me young I got bikes again because of the little guy. Just to see them laugh and do things for the first time makes it worth while even after 40 smile and I get to buy cool toys......therePhoto

|

1/2/2018 2:24 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'm not older (30), but can say i've definitely had the same thoughts. I'd much rather chase and play with my 8 year old when i'm 36 rather than 46. It takes a lot of energy.

But even more important is who you’re having the kid with. Don’t create a life with someone you haven’t been 100% sure of for a while. Kids can be great but can also create equally dark days if who you made them with isn’t a good person.

|

1/2/2018 3:07 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Falcon wrote:

peelout wrote:

i'm 34 now and me and the ol' lady are going back and forth about kids. she has a 6 year old, so there would be a big gap to a new baby. i'm also of the mind that when i'm in my 40's i don't want to be going to pre-school shit.

Actually 5 to 7yrs difference is very common and works well. Nancy's grandkids are 5yrs and 1 month and the little one watches and emulates everything her big sister does... and stubborn, holy crap she's all that and a ton more.
So no don't let the age difference stop you by any means.

|

1/2/2018 4:38 PM

Thanks guys. Will definitely have to think about this some more. I don't ever plan on getting married but I go back and forth about wanting and not wanting kids. My brother and I are 17 months apart so we're close in age and growing up we had a lot of great times so I wouldn't change that for a larger age gap between the two of us. He had his first child last February so he'll be a year old in just over a month. Sometimes I think maybe being an uncle is all I should be and spoil his child but then think maybe it wouldn't be so bad for his little one to have cousins that aren't far between in age.

Getting older sure makes one think about the future and how short life really is. I wish I could go back to my early 20's and do things differently but unfortunately that's not an option and all we really have is the present.

Sorry for turning this thread into non-moto. It's just that reading that story really made me think about my own life since I can relate to him.

|

1/2/2018 4:46 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Thanks guys. Will definitely have to think about this some more. I don't ever plan on getting married but I go back and forth about wanting and not wanting kids. My brother and I are 17 months apart so we're close in age and growing up we had a lot of great times so I wouldn't change that for a larger age gap between the two of us. He had his first child last February so he'll be a year old in just over a month. Sometimes I think maybe being an uncle is all I should be and spoil his child but then think maybe it wouldn't be so bad for his little one to have cousins that aren't far between in age.

Getting older sure makes one think about the future and how short life really is. I wish I could go back to my early 20's and do things differently but unfortunately that's not an option and all we really have is the present.

Sorry for turning this thread into non-moto. It's just that reading that story really made me think about my own life since I can relate to him.

do you even Reddit, bro?

lol

|

1/2/2018 4:52 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

peelout wrote:

do you even Reddit, bro?

lol

I don't. That site needs an overhaul. Way too plain/boring looking. There's about a million sub-reddit or whatever they are called.

That said you can find pretty much anything you want on there. Good or bad.

I've visited that site a few times and each time I do I'm stuck reading random shit for an hour or two lol. That's why I avoid it.

|

1/2/2018 4:55 PM

Kids are a blessing at any age! I don't care what our culture, media, or "experts" say. It happens when the time is right for you.

And, kids love motorcycles!

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

1/2/2018 5:46 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Man I'm in exactly the same boat (39yo in a chair), and I've got 2 nephews that are 10 and 12ish! I look after them a lot cause the marriage broke up anyway that shit is tiring! haha Also I became VERY aware there's just shit I can't do with them. Some kinda necessary but mostly just fun stuff for them and me.. which sucks and makes me think how I'd deal with havin my own and I've pretty much resigned myself to goin childless, which my feelings go in waves of melancholy and MASSIVE relief haha..
But I hear you on the cousins thing!

Dunno... but I do know it'd be easier if I didn't break my neck all those years ago though haha or maybe I'd be dealing with a psycho ex and troubled kids.. It is pretty good being able to afford things and not have things I like broken though haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/2/2018 5:50 PM

peelout wrote:

You irresponsible prick...... you really think the world can handle another mini-meg??!!

|

1/2/2018 6:01 PM

So awesome

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/2/2018 6:59 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

jemcee wrote:

Man I'm in exactly the same boat (39yo in a chair), and I've got 2 nephews that are 10 and 12ish! I look after them a lot cause the marriage broke up anyway that shit is tiring! haha Also I became VERY aware there's just shit I can't do with them. Some kinda necessary but mostly just fun stuff for them and me.. which sucks and makes me think how I'd deal with havin my own and I've pretty much resigned myself to goin childless, which my feelings go in waves of melancholy and MASSIVE relief haha..

Dunno... but I do know it'd be easier if I didn't break my neck all those years ago though haha or maybe I'd be dealing with a psycho ex and troubled kids.. It is pretty good being able to afford things and not have things I like broken though haha

Jemcee, I too am in chair. T5. Wife and I had a baby in April, so she is now 8 months old. It's been the best experience ever. And while I am finishing up school (1 semester left!) I have been playing stay at home dad. To say that it has all been easy would be a lie. But there's plenty more of the good than the bad.

BTW, Maverick, I just turned 31. Not sure if that qualifies as old or not. unsure

|

1/2/2018 7:16 PM

sbarrington314 wrote:

Jemcee, I too am in chair. T5. Wife and I had a baby in April, so she is now 8 months old. It's been the best experience ever. And while I am finishing up school (1 semester left!) I have been playing stay at home dad. To say that it has all been easy would be a lie. But there's plenty more of the good than the bad.

BTW, Maverick, I just turned 31. Not sure if that qualifies as old or not. unsure

Oh congrats man! Yeah that's good news all my breeder mates tell me it's different with your own.. To which I say it'd wanna be haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/2/2018 7:26 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

jemcee wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

That's cool. I'm a T5-T6 para as well. 31 is not old. I'm thinking if I don't have kids by 35, forget it. Just gets depressing seeing all the people I went to school with have kids and moving on with life. Seems like my life has been put on hold since my accident. I still struggle with the whole injury thing even 8 years later.

Just wondering but was the pregnancy natural or via IVF? If you don't feel like sharing that's fine and I understand. I'd say send me a PM but the system on here doesn't seem to be working.

Looks like there's quite a few of us on here that suffered a SCI.

|

1/2/2018 7:38 PM

sbarrington314 wrote:

Congrats Barrington!

I still have the "Stay Strong Barrington 314" decals on my YZ250. Ironically, I had just moved to and was living on Isle of Palms when you were injured. I have since moved back from the island to NE Ohio (I know, I know, my wife reminds me on days like this, 5 degrees out) and saw you were living now in CHS. It's a great place and I will live there again some day (my company HQ is still there on Daniel Island)..

Hope all is well with your family and enjoy your daughter. I have two and they are now in HS and College. The time flies so make the most of it!

|

1/2/2018 9:58 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That's cool. I'm a T5-T6 para as well. 31 is not old. I'm thinking if I don't have kids by 35, forget it. Just gets depressing seeing all the people I went to school with have kids and moving on with life. Seems like my life has been put on hold since my accident. I still struggle with the whole injury thing even 8 years later.

Just wondering but was the pregnancy natural or via IVF? If you don't feel like sharing that's fine and I understand. I'd say send me a PM but the system on here doesn't seem to be working.

Looks like there's quite a few of us on here that suffered a SCI.

I just passed the 7 year mark. The pregnancy was natural. Send me an email if you want some more details. For the first few years after my injury I thought there would be no way and it'd have to be IVF... I since found out otherwise and it was a life changer. Email me if you want, I'd be happy to share the info. sbarrington114@yahoo.com

|

1/2/2018 10:04 PM

AHRMA361 wrote:

Congrats Barrington!

I still have the "Stay Strong Barrington 314" decals on my YZ250. Ironically, I had just moved to and was living on Isle of Palms when you were injured. I have since moved back from the island to NE Ohio (I know, I know, my wife reminds me on days like this, 5 degrees out) and saw you were living now in CHS. It's a great place and I will live there again some day (my company HQ is still there on Daniel Island)..

Hope all is well with your family and enjoy your daughter. I have two and they are now in HS and College. The time flies so make the most of it!

Ha, that's pretty interesting.
Man, Daniel Island is a nice area! So is IOP. I'm actually in Ladson. Hoping to get somewhere closer to IOP/Daniel Island Mt. P. area once I finish up school and get a job here this summer.
If you ever get back down here, even just visiting, and want to get together sometime and shoot the shit, contact me! Facebook, email (which is in above post). Would be nice to be BS with some moto people.

|

1/3/2018 9:57 AM

Thanks for sharing our story! Our son will be 5 months tomorrow. Honestly, parenthood has been kinda tough at times being in a chair. I'm a T4, so any para knows how little core control i have. So I struggle picking him up when he's in his crib or on the ground or something. In the middle of the night my fiancé is the one to get up and go tend to him when he's crying, and I get frustrated cause if he's not positioned a certain way, I can't pick him up. But I still get the bottles, feed him, change diapers, and obviously play with him. I work a full time job so I only get two hours after work and about an hour and a half in the morning before work. Other than that, parenthood has been absolutely awesome. He's my everything.

I'm only 3 years post injury, and I have been wanting to find a hobby, but wheelchair sports don't interest me at all. I couldn't really find anything to put my time and energy into, so when we found out we were pregnant, it seemed like perfect timing.

She was able to get pregnant naturally, which was a total surprise to the both of us! We never expected our story to go viral so this has been super cool hahaha!

|