Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2021 10:05 AM

God is good.
Get well soon.

|

3/10/2021 10:41 AM

slipdog wrote: Photo

Does this mean he cannot move from the waist up? This is horrible.

Hoping for a full speedy recovery.

|

3/10/2021 11:10 AM

^Paralysis usually propagates downward from the damaged part of the spine, not up. I think Gloria meant he has use of all his limbs by saying he could move his legs. That's really good news!
Get well soon, Todd!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/10/2021 11:18 AM

last i heard, i think it was monday.

(not official, just what i heard among my moto friends)
they were working with road to recovery to get him moved back to michigan on flight.

he had feeling but was lacking movement in extremities (guessing from bruised cord). with all injuries like this, we need time to see.

again, i heard from friends within our moto community that are down there. its not official wording. I mean no disrespect. I'm hoping the best for Todd and his family. Really, really hope its temporary and gets better as swelling goes down. The dehoop family is core moto for D-14 and one of the coolest families among us.

|

3/10/2021 11:19 AM

Feel better soon. Privaledged to race with him years ago.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

3/10/2021 11:40 AM

Hoping the best for Todd!

|

3/10/2021 11:59 AM

Damn hope for the best! Stay strong man!

|

3/10/2021 12:22 PM

dboivin wrote:

last i heard, i think it was monday.

(not official, just what i heard among my moto friends)
they were working with road to ...more

That’s pretty much what I have heard also...I’ve known Todd forever and am hoping for a full recovery.

|

3/10/2021 12:31 PM

Just reposting the info I have seen, this was pointed out to me by a fellow Vital member. Hoping for the best for Todd!

Photo

|

3/10/2021 12:53 PM

Here is the link to his R2R to donate to help.

https://road2recovery.com/cause-view/todd-dehoop/

|

3/10/2021 2:30 PM

Prayers sent

Photo

|

3/10/2021 3:53 PM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Ah that’s really shitty news. Get well soon Todd.
After listening to the Whiskey throttle shows of these guys, I certainly ...more

Yes I feel the same, I don't know him but after that Podcast he seemed like a really cool dude.
Prayers will be sent hope and hope he gets better in time.

|

3/10/2021 4:13 PM

Photo
|

3/10/2021 4:25 PM

Falcon wrote:

^Paralysis usually propagates downward from the damaged part of the spine, not up. I think Gloria meant he has use of all his ...more

I know this, that's why I was confused as to why she didn't state he's able to move all limbs, not just his legs. Sounds like he has movement everywhere and that's great news. He hauls ass on two wheels.

|

3/10/2021 4:51 PM

There's some "silver linings" in this news. If he has movement...at all...while still suffering from the initial inflammation?

He could be very, very lucky.

I'm channeling the positive and hopping for the best.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

3/10/2021 11:17 PM

Praying for a full recovery!

Photo

Check out Road 2 Recovery to help the DeHoop family.
https://road2recovery.com/cause-view/todd-dehoop/
|

www.saddlebackpark.com
http://www.tmphotoart.wordpress.com
http://www.racerspitstop.com
http://www.wheelspinracewear.com

Intstagram: @saddleback_park @carlsbadraceway @wheelspinracewear @timmarksphotography

3/10/2021 11:43 PM

Prayers, positive thoughts for a full recovery sent. Really hoping things improve quickly as the swelling goes down.

|

3/13/2021 6:18 AM

Would be nice if this was pinned, so more people would see it

|

3/13/2021 6:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2021 6:33 AM

Hoping and praying for some positive news! I'd encourage anyone to check out Stanton's IG for updates. Jeff is amazing...

|

3/13/2021 10:21 AM

There's a handful of good photos of DeHoop railing Glen Helen last year here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHBQuxFAOrV/

Photo

|

3/13/2021 11:20 PM

This hurts, All the best Todd!. Prayers to you and your Family Brother. miss our duels at Iron Mustangs.

|

I was a third-string dreamer on a second-place team~ Luke Combs

3/22/2021 11:39 AM

Any news on Todd ? Any improvements ?

|

3/27/2021 3:25 AM

Wishing the best for Todd, hoping he is recovering well from his injury.

|

3/27/2021 5:32 AM

Dear Mr. DeHoop,
I am writing to encourage you through your recovery from your recent injuries. I don’t do the social media thing aside from lurking on Vital with an occasional post so hopefully this message will make its way to you.
I understand what you are experiencing because I’ve experience similar trauma twice in my life. The first was a crash on a mx track about 20 years ago where I suffered a spinal cord contusion and left me temporarily paralyzed from the neck down, the second was about 4 years ago where I was life flighted from a road racing track in Georgia with 9 fractured vertebrae, 7 fractured ribs, collapsed lung and a spinal cord contusion which left me paralyzed from the neck down.
I wanted to encourage you because I was able to recover close to 85-90% of my pre injury normal functionality - but for a long time it didn’t look good. I had to re-learn how to walk, write my name etc… but in time, I mostly recovered and I am living a very full life.
Something to remember is relentless persistence is baked into a moto crossers DNA, this will serve you well as you go through your recovery journey. Have faith, keep positive, trust your physical therapists and be relentless in your recovery. I don’t know you personally, I only know you are part of the motocross brotherhood, but I will be praying for you.
Yours in Moto,
The Big Ragu

|

3/27/2021 6:41 PM

Todd was flown home for rehab and recovery. That’s all I know so if anyone has better information please post. Get well Todd.

|

3/28/2021 11:06 PM

Jeff (Stanton) posted a vid update when he got to michigan and I just went to Jims (his dad) page to see if any more updates....this was last thing on his feed posted by Robyn (on the 19th), i believe he is at Mary Free Bed in Grand Rapids now...looking to do a month of PT there at least.

Photo

|

3/29/2021 6:49 AM

|

3/30/2021 7:04 AM

Let's at least try to keep this moving in a positive direction for Todd; he desperately needs funding to pay for incredibly expensive rehab and daily care - so the more we pitch in the better. He is also a man of faith, and I'm sure has great appreciation for those that choose to pray for him (and those that choose not to, but donate instead). We're all on the same team here...

|

3/30/2021 9:02 AM

However you want to help Todd please do so, the DeHoop family appreciates however you choose to do so...now lets stay on task and do whatever you can to help Todd.

Thank You

|

3/30/2021 5:29 PM

Todd is working HARD. He is using every resource available to make gains in movement and stability. It’s a long, long road ahead, and you guys have all been a great help. Please bid on the eBay auction and continue to support Todd and his family.

|