Today’s Expert Commentators

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2018 7:29 PM

First, I will agree that Bailey was outstanding. But I do appreciate today’s expert commentators and their perspective based upon how they raced outdoors. Emig got great starts and rode a wide bike and his commentary represents his approach; not sure the ability to get great starts is an approach. Grant was an aggressive rider and his commentary represents this. I would love to have LaRocco as an expert commentator to talk thru the race and what it’s like to be so pissed to get another bad start and just push thru the field. Jason and Grant were excellent again today.

|

6/2/2018 7:45 PM

Agreed. No reason to hit mute. They are very good. Langston has huge credibility too. He won every title you could win except 450 supercross. Bad dude.

|

6/2/2018 7:55 PM

Weege is as good as it gets for being a host. He’s interesting and knowledgeable, and doesn’t say stupid crap or dumb it down. Very likable guy.

|

6/2/2018 7:56 PM

Yup- Dynamic Duo!!

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

6/2/2018 8:12 PM

grants plug for the YZs superior torque from the backwards airbox was a little strong.

|

6/2/2018 8:39 PM

If you noticed when they went through the privateers in the top 20 I believe in the 2nd 450 moto, Weege and Langston all had something to say about each one. If that was SX with Ralph and Jeff, there would have been crickets. Weege and Langston do an outstanding job.

|

From dirt bikes to dirty strikes! Bowl on PBA tour @wozbowls. Oh...and I'm MXPTV.

6/2/2018 8:44 PM

Definitely great job by both
I wish they could do supercross too

|

6/2/2018 8:48 PM

They are doing great! They work well together also, which is a big plus.

|

6/2/2018 9:16 PM

Grant is super quick to point out all the small mistakes, racecraft line choices, or oh shit moments the riders make. You can tell he is really paying attention to the riding and its awesome to see that and hear him commentate on it.

|


-'09 KX500AF

- '19 KX450F

6/2/2018 9:29 PM

I love the oh shit moments. For me, the closest I ever had to crapping my pants was when I ended up with one hand off of the bars.

|

6/2/2018 9:32 PM

The MX commentary is excellent and enhances the overall viewing experience.
The SX commentary is obnoxious and forces this viewer to turn off the volume.

|

6/2/2018 9:34 PM

In football when Madden/Summeral we’re doing games it didn’t matter who was playing, that duo made every game a joy for me to watch.

Weege/Langston are my favorites to ever announce MX. Excellent job today and they seem to get better every week.

|

6/2/2018 9:38 PM

Weege is God and can do no wrong

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

6/2/2018 11:54 PM

I love weege, but did he get the word of the week in? I didn’t hear it.

|

6/3/2018 12:54 AM

Mikaela was interesting to listen to... I think she took a liking to Mr. Roczen. Hmm.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/3/2018 12:59 AM

Bring back... err bring on Kevin Kelly. ?

|

6/3/2018 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2018 1:09 AM

JBernard_401 wrote:

Grant is super quick to point out all the small mistakes, racecraft line choices, or oh shit moments the riders make. You can tell he is really paying attention to the riding and its awesome to see that and hear him commentate on it.

With some of the little nuggets he drops, it’s almost like he’s looking at the race as more of a riding coach, rather than an announcer. Definitely my all-time favorite announcing team.

|

6/3/2018 1:41 AM

Weege rules! and GL is the perfect pairing. I love when Weege gets all pumped up, you can really tell he has true passion for the sport.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

6/3/2018 1:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2018 1:49 AM

Weege/Grant off track it's like ET/Kroc on track.

|

6/3/2018 4:03 AM

chuckie108 wrote:

I love weege, but did he get the word of the week in? I didn’t hear it.

The commentaters were excellent and the track looked very good. So glad they didn't groom at intermission.
My girfried couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard at Grant Langston's, "Slamming that berm" comment.
She doesn't listed to PULPMX.

|

6/3/2018 4:34 AM

Some of the stuff Langston comes up with is so freaking funny.

" the wind has died and he is on a sailboat" when Kroc got passed for the lead in the second moto yesterday

|

6/3/2018 4:52 AM

MAAA wrote:

First, I will agree that Bailey was outstanding. But I do appreciate today’s expert commentators and their perspective based upon how they raced outdoors. Emig got great starts and rode a wide bike and his commentary represents his approach; not sure the ability to get great starts is an approach. Grant was an aggressive rider and his commentary represents this. I would love to have LaRocco as an expert commentator to talk thru the race and what it’s like to be so pissed to get another bad start and just push thru the field. Jason and Grant were excellent again today.

They are honestly head and shoulders above Ralph and Jeff. Replacing them with Weedge and Langston in SX would be one of the best moves that anyone has made in the sport for a long time. They are that much better.

|

6/3/2018 4:54 AM

milliebays wrote:

grants plug for the YZs superior torque from the backwards airbox was a little strong.

He's a KTM guy no? And Emig is exhausting with his shameless plugs for Husqvarna.

|

6/3/2018 6:35 AM

mx crew crushed it. booth, pit reporter, tv angles. not staying on riders too long. the bike sound comes through. I honestly think this is the best all around team the sport has had. stop talking to viewers like they have never seen the sport. people will learn if it pulls them in with great action and coverage.

hell gl makes the track map watchable. i love his passion.

just dont tell us what color the bike is. just say geico honda, troy lee ktm etc. so much better.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

6/3/2018 6:57 AM

The pan back through the field to see the lower riders and the little comments about each was good. Nice way to fill a quieter moment

|

6/3/2018 7:23 AM

Matt Wozney wrote:

If you noticed when they went through the privateers in the top 20 I believe in the 2nd 450 moto, Weege and Langston all had something to say about each one. If that was SX with Ralph and Jeff, there would have been crickets. Weege and Langston do an outstanding job.

So true.

|

6/3/2018 8:08 AM

KennyT wrote:

In football when Madden/Summeral we’re doing games it didn’t matter who was playing, that duo made every game a joy for me to watch.

Weege/Langston are my favorites to ever announce MX. Excellent job today and they seem to get better every week.

Good comparison. I miss hearing John & Pat do NFL games.

David Bailey & Art Eckman did a very good job from about 1990 to about 2002. The last couple of years Weege & Langston appear to have honed their skills & have become a very good combo themselves..

Always good to go have someone with actual experience in the sport doing the broadcasting. They can provide the nuances & inside knowledge while the other commentator is the more polished of the team. Together of course they bring their flavor / perspectives to the viewer watching.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.