Today isn't Tuesday, it's cool your jets day. Check out these IG posts.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 7:58pm
View this post on Instagram

Alright guys. I first want to say thank you to the thousands of supporters Christian has- it’s humbling to know so many people want to see him succeed. We truly do appreciate every single one of you. However, last night is over and all the comments I see towards the other rider and his circle wont change the race. At the end of the day, we are all human. We all do things we wish we hadn’t and making mistakes plays a key role in becoming the best people we can be. As much as we are grateful for the huge amount of support, we also want to remind everyone to be kind. We are over it and have talked to them. At the end of the day, it’s racing and stuff like this happens- these guys know what they are signing up for. These racers are just like any us...they have feelings, hearts, and families so let’s try to use our voices to make the world a kinder place. It’s Sunday so let’s put a smile on! Love you all and see you at Glendale! ❤️

A post shared by Paige Craig (@_paigecraig) on Jan 19, 2020 at 2:00pm PST

Honestly guys you need to lay off @dylanferrandis it’s gone a bit too far so I needed to say something. We are all racing at the highest level and have to make decisions in the blink of an eye that can determine the outcome of a race or night. Sometimes this process pays off sometimes it doesn’t and we end up doing “dumb” stuff . We are all out there laying it on the line every Saturday night for your guys entertainment and would never do anything on purpose to hurt another rider! I understand being bummed on your favorite rider crashing out or being taken out but this is the sport and a lot of you guys love it for that very reason. I look forward to racing with Dylan and Christian and everyone else over the next few months then outdoors and no doubt we will rub plastic and heck I might do something wrong but it won’t be on purpose to hurt another rider other than to get a win or a championship.

A post shared by Jett Lawrence (@jettson83) on Jan 21, 2020 at 10:53am PST

yarrivek (Owner of the Penrite Honda team)

I don’t weigh in publicly much anymore. We are all vulnerable and exposed to criticism through social media. I do feel I need to say something about this! I have seen multiple posts suggesting it’s ok to ride like this because other riders do it. I have read posts suggesting @christiancraig deserved this because of an incident he had with @alexmartin_26 , I have read comments on photos regarding other incidents with @kevinw14 and @rickycarmichael . This is not the normal way around a race track, people make split second decisions that are sometimes wrong. More importantly there is no room for malice or retaliation on the race track.... someone could die. What are we saying to the kids in our sport? Retaliation shows a lack of control and that’s a scary thought on a supercross track, on any track and in fact in any “life” circumstance. Do I believe @dylanferrandis was racing overly aggressive - yes. Do I believe he took chances with little or no gaps - yes. His pass on @christiancraig @austinforkner @jettson83 were the same - he chose to take their lines away. Do I believe he intentionally wanted to take someone out? Including himself? - no. He is an aggressive rider, he goes for every inch and sometimes those inches aren’t there. He screwed up, by going in so hard to pass @christiancraig and in the process could have ruined his own night. Should he have apologised during the presentation speech (genuinely focused on it, instead of saying he was in front) - 💯. He is supposed to be a role model for the sport and an ambassador to his sponsors. One thing I want to make certain there is no room for revenge or retaliation. People posting images @btnfly @grantlangston8 shouldn’t try and justify this. It was a bad judgement call that hurt everyone - if not handled professionally it hurts the sport and could result in kids “copying” this type of riding. At the level @dylanferrandis rides and @christiancraig rides a miscalculation can result in riders coming together..it’s not ok. The repercussions could be irreversible. @dylanferrandis screwed up. It has happened but let’s not justify it by suggesting it’s normal or others get away with it so it’s ok.

A post shared by Yarrive Konsky (@yarrivek) on Jan 21, 2020 at 10:49am PST

|
Zaugg
1/21/2020 11:48am
GuyB coming in hot with those IG Bangers!!!
kpiper
1/21/2020 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 4:40pm
Agree 100%. Get over it. Back to cheering on great racing and not booing aggressive riding. DF made that into what will probably be the most exciting race of the year.

Think how boring it would be if they just followed each other around lap after lap being 'careful' not to touch another rider. With SX tracks as tight as they are it would be like watching paint dry.

The two riders involved have already put it in the past. We should do the same.
IWreckALot
1/21/2020 12:13pm
I enjoyed every second of the racing at A2. Awesome track and awesome race in the 250s.

Seems like the racers buried the hatchet. But I have a feeling the crowds at the races aren't going to handle it very well for the next few rounds.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/21/2020 12:15pm
Zaugg wrote:
Well, I get that people were fired up and ready to bang out their responses on Saturday night (when the beverages were flowing), but some of the hate spewed toward Dylan was way over the top. We're lucky that the best riders from around the world want to come and race the series.

I spent way too much time going through all our social accounts on Sunday cleaning out some of the more egregious items. If it's a hashtag that's suggesting something not so nice? That got clipped. If it's about nationality, or whether he should get deported? Those hit the dustbin, too.

The Shop

SethGator
1/21/2020 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 12:42pm
those people saying anything negative are so full of shit its unreal. they are simply letting emotion boil over from the fact that Jett threw away the win himself and seem to be more bummed about it about then him. Its easy to be pissed when something happens like what occurred b/w DF and CC and to carry over that disdain for the rest of the night. Add in the fact that Jett simply started to rider over his head and Dylan straight up caught him and passed him...clean. (Had it been any other rider in this instance taking the win it would be a non story.)
jeffro503
1/21/2020 12:40pm
Zaugg wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Well, I get that people were fired up and ready to bang out their responses on Saturday night (when the beverages were flowing), but some of...
Well, I get that people were fired up and ready to bang out their responses on Saturday night (when the beverages were flowing), but some of the hate spewed toward Dylan was way over the top. We're lucky that the best riders from around the world want to come and race the series.

I spent way too much time going through all our social accounts on Sunday cleaning out some of the more egregious items. If it's a hashtag that's suggesting something not so nice? That got clipped. If it's about nationality, or whether he should get deported? Those hit the dustbin, too.
Well said man. I said this on Saturday night after the race. I was bummed about how everything went down , but was way more bummed on some the hateful comments that were being made.

1/21/2020 12:50pm
Damn if I didn't know better I'd think Jett is much older than 16 based on that post. Very mature out look for someone of his age and situation.
IWreckALot
1/21/2020 1:18pm
Damn if I didn't know better I'd think Jett is much older than 16 based on that post. Very mature out look for someone of his...
Damn if I didn't know better I'd think Jett is much older than 16 based on that post. Very mature out look for someone of his age and situation.
Man I was rooting that dude on so hard at the very end. I was hoping he would hold on for the W but this sport is cruel as it comes some days. Go for battling for a rookie first win in the last few corners to injured and DNF in a split second. That was the biggest bummer for the night.

Hate to say it but when he started looping out in a few places and making the mistakes he was making, I had a bad feeling. Hindsight is a bitch but would have loved to see him back it down and take second than to do what he did. But eff it. You're in that situation you gotta go for the win.
Nighttrain
1/21/2020 1:44pm
peltier626 wrote:
Thank goodness civility still exists.
I think civility rests in the quiet majority.
Deja New
1/21/2020 1:51pm
It was the best race since the finals in Las Vegas so many guys riding with their hearts on their sleeves, letting it all hang out. Shame about the crashes but that’s racing mistakes get made but I bet you were all on the edge of your seats.
So let’s take it for what it was a bloody awesome race. I for one can’t wait to see them all go at it again. Got my fingers crossed for jett Smile to pull a win this year.
bvm111
1/21/2020 2:05pm
We all know what posts they are referring to... Nerd cough cough Nerd!
MagMx08
1/21/2020 2:06pm
I would love to see James Stewart review the 250 race this week rather than the 450. Think it would be cool to hear his opinion on the situation. Even tough I’m over it and ready for Glendale!
1/21/2020 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 7:58pm
Apon reflection, i too, just like Ferrandis made an error in judgement with comments I posted in the heat of the battle.

Now we are all good!
1/21/2020 2:33pm
I hope these responses dampen the hatred aimed towards Ferrandis. If the Honda boys and the Craig family are over it, then so should everyone else. They're the only ones who were personally effected by the crash.
kiwifan
1/21/2020 2:57pm
Kudos to CC and JL plus Geico team for wanting to move on and stop the hate speech, I 100% agree with them...sure I totally disliked the way DF raced and took other riders lines away despite it apparently happening in the past which makes it ok for some to justify. But the hate and retaliation speech is 100% not on. DF I am sure got the message from the booing, the penalty/probation and from his team. Lets move on and look forward to some good racing.
robkinuk
1/21/2020 3:15pm
Well said everyone. Time to look forward to more great racing and not dwell on the past.
Hope the fans can do the same!Wink
MJC
1/21/2020 3:19pm
I dunno. That post from Paige where she refers to Dylan just as “the other rider” seems publicly salty (and the Craigs have reason to be) and a little hypocritical. Just a weird way to phrase it if you ask me
Forty
1/21/2020 5:18pm
While I agree this is getting old, mainly because IMO it was just racing, history tells us that Vital members bitch about last weeks racing until Wednesday!

Just spraying.

Post a reply to: Today isn't Tuesday, it's cool your jets day. Check out these IG posts.

The Latest