To the Cooper Webb "dislike" club

G-man
Edited Date/Time 2/26/2020 2:52pm
At the beginning of the Season there was a poll on here if Cooper Webb could repeat as Champion.

I could not believe the haters come out of the woodwork.
In that thread I posted a picture of the Racer X cover with Cooper on it as Racer X Rider of the year. I don't remember who it was but somebody thought that it was a complete joke that he did not deserve it. Others thought he lucked into the championship, that he was not the fastest. 🤣

So after last week's horrendous crash in Dallas I must ask if any of the hate Club has changed their opinion of Cooper and the toughness and desire this kid has.

https://youtu.be/074ADbyJjPE

Poll

Are you a Fan of Cooper Webb?

Choices
|
ts.p311
2/24/2020 5:41pm
Him having a gnarly crash doesn't suddenly make me like him, no. I'm glad he's alright, but I've never been a fan of his personality. I don't hate him, just comes off as a person I wouldn't typically hang out with.
G-man
2/24/2020 5:47pm
ts.p311 wrote:
Him having a gnarly crash doesn't suddenly make me like him, no. I'm glad he's alright, but I've never been a fan of his personality. I...
Him having a gnarly crash doesn't suddenly make me like him, no. I'm glad he's alright, but I've never been a fan of his personality. I don't hate him, just comes off as a person I wouldn't typically hang out with.
Well yes I understand if you don't like his personality but you must understand these guys race with their life on the line and are very serious about it.

Take Eli for example the guy rarely smiles he's all business. And then there was Villopoto he did not have much of a personality either but it resulted in multiple championships and once he retired all of a sudden he's very likable and a fun guy that most people would love to hang with.

LaRocco, Stanton etc I could go on...
ts.p311
2/24/2020 5:52pm
G-man wrote:
Well yes I understand if you don't like his personality but you must understand these guys race with their life on the line and are very...
Well yes I understand if you don't like his personality but you must understand these guys race with their life on the line and are very serious about it.

Take Eli for example the guy rarely smiles he's all business. And then there was Villopoto he did not have much of a personality either but it resulted in multiple championships and once he retired all of a sudden he's very likable and a fun guy that most people would love to hang with.

Yeah I hear you, and oddly, I always liked those other guys. Webb was pretty cocky in his 250 days, but I'll admit that seems to have wore off these days. It also rubbed me the wrong way how defensive he'd get when he was clearly in the wrong about some things.
2/24/2020 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 10:02pm
Has there been a more disliked SX champion?

Stewart had a ton of haters but also crazy swingers. I don’t see the Coop swingers, or maybe they are just less obnoxious.

Dungey just got called boring or lucky. Not personally despised.

I’ve liked coopers riding since before he went pro. I’ve always been surprised by how many people don’t.

The Shop

2/24/2020 6:41pm
Dungey lucky.....lol. that is priceless.

Been a Coop fan since the first time I saw him race.
I like his personality.... he's a scrapper. He's an incredibly smart rider.... with the heart of a lion.

Jealousy is a strong emotion for the weak minded. Haters gonna hate.
Forty
2/24/2020 6:57pm
Cooper Webb is the best pure racer in the 450 class today.

I hope he has enough recovery time to keep this close next week and can be 100% ASAP.

Yeah, Yeah for you Tomac junkies - Eli's faster, but Cooper is more tactical and has race craft that exceeds Eli.

Watch him move through a crowd and I think you’ll appreciate this guys skills.
jeffro503
2/24/2020 6:59pm
100% a fan of Cooper , as I am with all the other dudes that line up behind that gate. Every single one of them , have had their dirty moves used on other riders......and there isn't one of them , that would be considered a saint to his competitors. Fans just lose their shit , when that dirty move happens to their favorite rider. They are all pretty much awesome to me.
cable
2/24/2020 7:00pm
the guy definitley has lady luck on his side. any other weekend and thats a 25pt drop. He still got 12th. Im not a fan, but am glad hes ok and going to make this title chase interesting. 3 guys battle to the end, makes for a great season of spectating
jeffro503
2/24/2020 7:01pm
Has there been a more disliked SX champion? Stewart had a ton of haters but also crazy swingers. I don’t see the Coop swingers, or maybe...
Has there been a more disliked SX champion?

Stewart had a ton of haters but also crazy swingers. I don’t see the Coop swingers, or maybe they are just less obnoxious.

Dungey just got called boring or lucky. Not personally despised.

I’ve liked coopers riding since before he went pro. I’ve always been surprised by how many people don’t.
Anyone that said Dungey was Lucky......is an idiot.
MX690
2/24/2020 7:11pm
I don't understand people hating on riders, I can understand not being a fan but to actually hate some guy that you've never even met and he's never actually done anything to you personally. I don't get it.
2/24/2020 7:15pm
MX690 wrote:
I don't understand people hating on riders, I can understand not being a fan but to actually hate some guy that you've never even met and...
I don't understand people hating on riders, I can understand not being a fan but to actually hate some guy that you've never even met and he's never actually done anything to you personally. I don't get it.
It's the same as the mental midgets who were hating on Ferrandis.
Racer111
2/24/2020 7:20pm
I’m still not a fan. I’ve known him to long. He can ride and race, but I don’t like him. He’s not the guy you see in interviews or on the podium.

The pointing back at Roczen after winning his first anything in the 450 class last year and his comment about “He choked, I didn’t at Vegas last year. That’s the real Cooper Webb. That’s how he is off camera. I just can’t root for someone like that. I understand he has a lot of fans and I have no hate for them, I’m just not one of them. I’m super pumped he didn’t have a serious injury at Dallas. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
TymeMoto
2/24/2020 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 7:29pm
I like Cooper because he’s gritty and rides with a ton of heart. There are other riders who are known to excel in one or two specific areas (starts, whoops, sprint speed, creative lines, etc.). Coop’s not GREAT at anything, but he’s good at everything. He’s not the best starter, he very rarely qualifies in the top 5 and for as many races as he wins, he leads very few laps. And yet, despite all of this, his unrivaled resiliency and determination has made him a champion.

How can you not love a guy like that?!
Kyle978
2/24/2020 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 8:15pm
Racer111 wrote:
I’m still not a fan. I’ve known him to long. He can ride and race, but I don’t like him. He’s not the guy you see...
I’m still not a fan. I’ve known him to long. He can ride and race, but I don’t like him. He’s not the guy you see in interviews or on the podium.

The pointing back at Roczen after winning his first anything in the 450 class last year and his comment about “He choked, I didn’t at Vegas last year. That’s the real Cooper Webb. That’s how he is off camera. I just can’t root for someone like that. I understand he has a lot of fans and I have no hate for them, I’m just not one of them. I’m super pumped he didn’t have a serious injury at Dallas. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
You don’t know Coop. And that is not how he is off camera.

If you truly knew him Off the track you would understand he is actually one of the more well thought out, caring riders. He has done a ton for me and his friends, as well as fans and people that have worked for him or with him.

His mom is a teacher and has kept him grounded since he was young. He’s naturally ultra competitive, clearly.

He is an entirely different person at home than you see on TV.

If you guys only knew how big of a dick guys like Dungey and Carmichael were behind the scenes. They just hid it better. All these guys have a level of selfishness and arrogance.
slipdog
2/24/2020 8:27pm
Racer111 wrote:
I’m still not a fan. I’ve known him to long. He can ride and race, but I don’t like him. He’s not the guy you see...

Kyle978 wrote:
You don’t know Coop. And that is not how he is off camera. If you truly knew him Off the track you would understand he is...

If you truly knew him Off the track you would understand he is actually one of the more well thought out, caring riders. He has done a ton for me and his friends, as well as fans and people that have worked for him or with him.

His mom is a teacher and has kept him grounded since he was young. He’s naturally ultra competitive, clearly.

If you guys only knew how big of a dick guys like Dungey and Carmichael were behind the scenes. They just hid it better. All these guys have a level of selfishness and arrogance.
Do tell...
G-man
2/24/2020 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 8:47pm
Racer111 wrote:

WoW, the point back at K-roc was bad huh? haha

You must be young because you must never have known about Bob Hurricane Hannah and the stuff he used to say about his fellow racers and do to them on the track. I was there and saw it live--the Massacre at Saddleback when he blatantly T-boned Kent Howerton (who was a really nice guy) even said he tried to break his freaking leg! Dry

But most people loved it because he was controversial and could back it up, much like Muhammad Ali, if you can walk the walk you can talk the talk!

As far as what you said about Adam you are wrong he said "he cracked, I didn't".

What else was he supposed to say when a mike was shoved in his face?
They had battled since they were on 80's and Adam received most of the attention from the Press and was touted to be the next big thing.
Btw I like Adam too, I just have always rooted for the underdog and have liked Cooper Webb since before he won his first championship and stated so on this board about it many years ago.
G-man
2/24/2020 8:42pm
Kyle978 wrote:
You don’t know Coop. And that is not how he is off camera. If you truly knew him Off the track you would understand he is...

Kyle speaks with common sense! Cool
jeffro503
2/24/2020 8:42pm
Racer111 wrote:

This goes against everything I've heard first hand , from dudes that were even past team mates. Guy's I know , that know him , have never said any of that. I've met him a couple times ( just brief ) but from anyone I've known , that knows him , says he's pretty good , down to earth dude. Maybe.....he just didn't like you , which is understandable.
Kyle978
2/24/2020 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 8:51pm
slipdog wrote:
Do tell...
I have literally watched a rider that everyone currently loves (not one of the ones I just mentioned) kick a set of factory forks off the back of The box van and yell at his suspension guy and team manager to “just FUCKING fix it!!!!” in a childish fit of rage while at the Yamaha test track a few years ago.

But I’m sure you guys all knew about that and judge that rider accordingly.

The reason I’m saying this is that you guys see a small sliver of the riders personalities and base a very firm opinion on it. 95% of the time the uneducated opinions I see on here of riders is far from the truth.
Kyle978
2/24/2020 8:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 8:51pm
G-man wrote:
Kyle speaks with common sense! Cool
I only speak on stuff I know first hand. I can’t fathom how people on here form such firm opinions with no personal interaction with riders.

I don’t race or work day to day in the industry any more, but I love the sport and sometimes feel the need to speak up on the bullshit that gets spewed. Most of my friends are still active racers or work in the industry, so I can’t help but speak up sometimes.

I could have a full time job coming on here correcting people with facts.
kiwifan
2/24/2020 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 8:58pm
To the Cooper Webb love club, just because people have their own opinion about who they like does not mean they hate Cooper, get the word hate out of your vocabulary.
Racer111
2/24/2020 8:55pm
Racer111 wrote:

G-man wrote:
WoW, the point back at K-roc was bad huh? haha You must be young because you must never have known about Bob Hurricane Hannah and the...

You must be young because you must never have known about Bob Hurricane Hannah and the stuff he used to say about his fellow racers and do to them on the track. I was there and saw it live--the Massacre at Saddleback when he blatantly T-boned Kent Howerton (who was a really nice guy) even said he tried to break his freaking leg! Dry

But most people loved it because he was controversial and could back it up, much like Muhammad Ali, if you can walk the walk you can talk the talk!

As far as what you said about Adam you are wrong he said "he cracked, I didn't".

They had battled since they were on 80's and Adam received most of the attention from the Press and was touted to be the next big thing.
Btw I like Adam too, I just have always rooted for the underdog and have liked Cooper Webb since before he won his first championship and stated so on this board about it many years ago.
Bob has earned some of his antics. Up until that point, Coop hadn’t even won a heat race. HUGE difference.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
2/24/2020 8:56pm
god, the worst part about cooper webb is the diehards constantly talking about him. Open letters on vital, constant threads about his champion mentality, weege puff pieces about him getting sick or whatever. It’s never ending. The only interesting thing about him is the fact that he rides a dirt bike fast.

look at the rest of the field:
Kenny: kind of a spaz sometimes, fast and stylish, had his share of tragedy and mystery drops in pace. Interesting guy.

Marvin: weird french guy, gives silly interviews, has dealt with family trials and has that dream wife who gets more stoked on his racing than any fan. interesting.

Eli: At times faster than anybody can comprehend, so much so that even he seems confused about his speed. other times he looks like he a total spode. frustrating, but interesting.

Anderson: seems like he keeps a calendar with a red circle around whatever day he can smoke weed again. fast, stylish, races aggressive but doesn’t cry when someone gives it back. interesting guy, if for reasons you don’t like.

Webb: ... rides a dirt bike well.

G-man
2/24/2020 9:12pm
kiwifan wrote:
To the Cooper Webb love club, just because people have their own opinion about who they like does not mean they hate Cooper, get the word...
To the Cooper Webb love club, just because people have their own opinion about who they like does not mean they hate Cooper, get the word hate out of your vocabulary.
Ok, I agree hate is too strong of a word I changed it. Smile
G-man
2/24/2020 9:14pm
Racer111 wrote:

G-man wrote:
WoW, the point back at K-roc was bad huh? haha You must be young because you must never have known about Bob Hurricane Hannah and the...

Racer111 wrote:
Bob has earned some of his antics. Up until that point, Coop hadn’t even won a heat race. HUGE difference.
uhhhhh, I guess his three 250 championships are meaningless to you.... Laughing
G-man
2/24/2020 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 11:00pm
G-man wrote:
Well yes I understand if you don't like his personality but you must understand these guys race with their life on the line and are very...

ts.p311 wrote:
Yeah I hear you, and oddly, I always liked those other guys. Webb was pretty cocky in his 250 days, but I'll admit that seems to...
Yeah I hear you, and oddly, I always liked those other guys. Webb was pretty cocky in his 250 days, but I'll admit that seems to have wore off these days. It also rubbed me the wrong way how defensive he'd get when he was clearly in the wrong about some things.
I guess I don't really recall Cooper being overly cocky in the 250 class and "rubbed me the wrong way how defensive he'd get when he was clearly in the wrong about some things."

Please point out where he was wrong when he was battling tooth and nail to winning multiple 250 Championships. 🙄

But as Ralph points out he does ride with a chip on his shoulder, maybe that's what you're referring to? Laughing

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/24/2020 11:36pm
"If you guys only knew how big of a dick guys like Dungey and Carmichael were behind the scenes."

Since 2012, Ryan Dungey has raised over $1 million dollars for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Yeah, that guy is such a dick. 🙄

I suppose it's all just a front to who he truly is as a human being.
2/24/2020 11:41pm
Racer111 wrote:

Kyle978 wrote:

I find it hard to believe Dungey bring a prick....
2/25/2020 12:33am
god, the worst part about cooper webb is the diehards constantly talking about him. Open letters on vital, constant threads about his champion mentality, weege puff...
god, the worst part about cooper webb is the diehards constantly talking about him. Open letters on vital, constant threads about his champion mentality, weege puff pieces about him getting sick or whatever. It’s never ending. The only interesting thing about him is the fact that he rides a dirt bike fast.

look at the rest of the field:
Kenny: kind of a spaz sometimes, fast and stylish, had his share of tragedy and mystery drops in pace. Interesting guy.

Marvin: weird french guy, gives silly interviews, has dealt with family trials and has that dream wife who gets more stoked on his racing than any fan. interesting.

Eli: At times faster than anybody can comprehend, so much so that even he seems confused about his speed. other times he looks like he a total spode. frustrating, but interesting.

Anderson: seems like he keeps a calendar with a red circle around whatever day he can smoke weed again. fast, stylish, races aggressive but doesn’t cry when someone gives it back. interesting guy, if for reasons you don’t like.

Webb: ... rides a dirt bike well.

I am not a Cooper Webb fan, but man “rides a dirt bike well” is a huge understatement.
2/25/2020 4:01am
kiwifan wrote:
To the Cooper Webb love club, just because people have their own opinion about who they like does not mean they hate Cooper, get the word...
Hurrah!!

One of this forum's resident f*ckwits said that I "hate Tomac"!

HATE?? HATE?? Ive never met the guy, I don't hate him!
Do I want to see him get beat? YES.
Do I want to see him crash & injure himself? Absolutely not.

Post a reply to: To the Cooper Webb "dislike" club

The Latest