To everyone complaining about paying to watch SX

early
Fantasy
2231st
12/18/2018 5:29am
We pay 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) on pretty much everything, some stuff is exempt like baby's clothes & food. There's probably other stuff but I...
We pay 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) on pretty much everything, some stuff is exempt like baby's clothes & food. There's probably other stuff but I can't think off the top of my head. Over here the tax is included in the price, so you just pay the price on the ticket. Unless you're self employed, our government do our tax returns.
What does property tax and yearly car registration look like?
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
12/18/2018 6:02am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2018 6:02am
I swear, someone could have the cure for cancer and people would still bitch about it. Or somehow get offended lol
supposedly a guy in Florida has the cure for some cancers and AIDS. He tried getting them approved by the FDA (I think), which didn't happen and next thing you know people were trying to kill him (literally).
12/18/2018 6:05am
early wrote:
What does property tax and yearly car registration look like?
By property tax I think it's called council tax over here. All depends where you live, how big your property is & how many people live in it. I currently pay £150 a month.

So we have to pay a vehicle tax yearly, it can be done monthly now. Again depends on who old your vehicle is and how the size of the engine. Vehicle made before a certain date, it was 25 years or older but again they move the goal posts again, are exempt from paying tax regardless of how big the engine they have. They could have a massive V12 lump chucking out shit loads of crap into the O zone but because they are in the minority that's ok.

I have a 13 year old Ford Focus 1.6 that costs be approx £190 a year to tax, this normally goes up by £5 a year.

Eco friendly cars are free to tax I believe.

So I pay tax to drive on the road, pay tax on the fuel I buy and pay tax on my car insurance. Tax, tax, tax.

Then if I want to drive into London, I have to pay a daily congestion charge, £11.50. Cars that don't meet a certain emission levels have to £10 on top of the congestion charge.

We are heavily taxed in the UK.
early
Fantasy
2231st
12/18/2018 6:41am
mx 219 wrote:
supposedly a guy in Florida has the cure for some cancers and AIDS. He tried getting them approved by the FDA (I think), which didn't happen...
supposedly a guy in Florida has the cure for some cancers and AIDS. He tried getting them approved by the FDA (I think), which didn't happen and next thing you know people were trying to kill him (literally).
He probably has some great Florida investment property for sale too...

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
12/18/2018 6:45am
By property tax I think it's called council tax over here. All depends where you live, how big your property is & how many people live...
By property tax I think it's called council tax over here. All depends where you live, how big your property is & how many people live in it. I currently pay £150 a month.

So we have to pay a vehicle tax yearly, it can be done monthly now. Again depends on who old your vehicle is and how the size of the engine. Vehicle made before a certain date, it was 25 years or older but again they move the goal posts again, are exempt from paying tax regardless of how big the engine they have. They could have a massive V12 lump chucking out shit loads of crap into the O zone but because they are in the minority that's ok.

I have a 13 year old Ford Focus 1.6 that costs be approx £190 a year to tax, this normally goes up by £5 a year.

So I pay tax to drive on the road, pay tax on the fuel I buy and pay tax on my car insurance. Tax, tax, tax.

Then if I want to drive into London, I have to pay a daily congestion charge, £11.50. Cars that don't meet a certain emission levels have to £10 on top of the congestion charge.

Is there income tax too or just VAT? Is there also a district tax like it can vary by state or city here? Thanks for the info, this kind of stuff is interesting to me, I have some in-laws that moved to London recently but haven't talked to them too much about how it is.
12/18/2018 7:15am
By property tax I think it's called council tax over here. All depends where you live, how big your property is & how many people live...

early wrote:
Is there income tax too or just VAT? Is there also a district tax like it can vary by state or city here? Thanks for the...
Is there income tax too or just VAT? Is there also a district tax like it can vary by state or city here? Thanks for the info, this kind of stuff is interesting to me, I have some in-laws that moved to London recently but haven't talked to them too much about how it is.
Yeah we pay income tax on what we earn. We also have to pay National Insurance through our wages but that's to support the NHS, our health service. Our health care is free but the English have to pay for prescriptions, not the Welsh or the Scottish they get them for free for some reason. You can pay into private health care but you still have to pay NI.

VAT is on all good & services we buy.
12/18/2018 9:07am
Glad this turned into a “everything’s free except really it’s actually a tax” discussion.
SPODEBOY
12/18/2018 10:58am
So if one buys the NBC Gold package.....

1). How do you watch it? In your TV, on your PC etc?
2). Is it live?
3). What if you tune in late? Can you back it up etc?

Many thanks in advance.
SKlein
12/18/2018 11:21am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2018 11:23am
SPODEBOY wrote:
So if one buys the NBC Gold package..... 1). How do you watch it? In your TV, on your PC etc? 2). Is it live? 3)...

2). Is it live?

Many thanks in advance.
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/faq Would give you the most accurate information.

PC/Firestick are how I watch the races.
kb228
12/18/2018 11:48am
SPODEBOY wrote:
So if one buys the NBC Gold package..... 1). How do you watch it? In your TV, on your PC etc? 2). Is it live? 3)...

2). Is it live?

Many thanks in advance.
Get a roku

Post a reply to: To everyone complaining about paying to watch SX

The Latest