To all the RC haters

Edited Date/Time 1/20/2019 9:42am
I think RC is CLEARLY putting in hard work.
His on camera skills - and demeanor are HUGELY improved from 2 years ago.

I am personally blown away at the job he is doing - compared to how he would fumble around on the short track analysis or insight segments he did last year.

His umms, you knows, likes, etc are improved dramatically. He has a nice positive smile and friendliness on camera - that he is also applying to off TV interviews.

Im impressed and it will only get better.

I think if you looked at Fro - for all the hate - he was also an incredibly good commentator the last few years. Compared to the stuttering and stammering guy he was when he first started - he was also awesome - and he truly did the "analyst" work behind the scenes to ask questions - and try to frame things for the viewers on insight and mentality etc.

I hate to say this - but if Ralph had the more iconic deep announcer voice - I think people would LOVE him. Art eckman was far from perfect - so many mistakes - but his voice - you could listen to that ALL day.

My only nitpick on the TV show - is the close up shots of one rider at at time a lot - not showing any racing. I really liked some of the split screen stuff they did a few years back.
Since we have to PAY for the coverage - why can't we somehow select our own camera views to put on screen?

|
1/15/2019 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 6:05pm
Like you said he will only get better, but currently I just find it so hard to listen to him stumble through sentence after sentence. I realize it's only his second show doing it full time and not having another colour commentator like Emig to lean on but he's been in and out of the TV booth with different roles for years now. I don't expect him to be an expert but I do expect him to be able to string together a few decent sentences.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/15/2019 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 2:03pm
OP, You don't have to pay for the NBC Sports Gold or supercrosslive.tv coverage. It plays on regular TV. Those are optional.

Of course if you're not in the US then those are practically the only options available if you want to watch SX.

That said, for those that pay for that service being able to choose cameras would be a great perk to have.
yz133rider
1/15/2019 2:02pm
I think RC is CLEARLY putting in hard work. His on camera skills - and demeanor are HUGELY improved from 2 years ago. I am personally...

I am personally blown away at the job he is doing - compared to how he would fumble around on the short track analysis or insight segments he did last year.

His umms, you knows, likes, etc are improved dramatically. He has a nice positive smile and friendliness on camera - that he is also applying to off TV interviews.

I think if you looked at Fro - for all the hate - he was also an incredibly good commentator the last few years. Compared to the stuttering and stammering guy he was when he first started - he was also awesome - and he truly did the "analyst" work behind the scenes to ask questions - and try to frame things for the viewers on insight and mentality etc.

I hate to say this - but if Ralph had the more iconic deep announcer voice - I think people would LOVE him. Art eckman was far from perfect - so many mistakes - but his voice - you could listen to that ALL day.

My only nitpick on the TV show - is the close up shots of one rider at at time a lot - not showing any racing. I really liked some of the split screen stuff they did a few years back.
Since we have to PAY for the coverage - why can't we somehow select our own camera views to put on screen?

Hes fine. Ralph kinda sucks but hes probably fine for the target audience of know nothing, monster truck type fans.

The whole show has more of a pro wrestling, demo derby type feel than it does a high level racing event.
Natester551v
1/15/2019 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 2:07pm
I think RC is CLEARLY putting in hard work. His on camera skills - and demeanor are HUGELY improved from 2 years ago. I am personally...

you pretty much nailed it here - RC is waaaay better so far this year.

Art Eckman had honey in his voice...he was awesome. Ralph is a very good commentator, he's just been cursed with a shrill, whiny voice that I personally cannot stand.

The Shop

Mr. G
1/15/2019 2:10pm
Always good to hear from the GOAT.
milliebays
1/15/2019 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 2:23pm
and yet daniel blair is still more naturally engaging without a pedigree
1/15/2019 2:26pm
I had no problems with RC, it's Ralph I find annoying at times.
peelout
1/15/2019 3:59pm
Art was an angel, his voice was like a combination of Fergie and Jesus
1/15/2019 4:04pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
OP, You don't have to pay for the NBC Sports Gold or supercrosslive.tv coverage. It plays on regular TV. Those are optional. Of course if you're...
OP, You don't have to pay for the NBC Sports Gold or supercrosslive.tv coverage. It plays on regular TV. Those are optional.

Of course if you're not in the US then those are practically the only options available if you want to watch SX.

That said, for those that pay for that service being able to choose cameras would be a great perk to have.
Cable television which most of the races are broadcast on is not free. Five months of cable is actually quite a bit more expensive than the gold app.
MotoMo165
1/15/2019 4:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
OP, You don't have to pay for the NBC Sports Gold or supercrosslive.tv coverage. It plays on regular TV. Those are optional. Of course if you're...

Cable television which most of the races are broadcast on is not free. Five months of cable is actually quite a bit more expensive than the...
Cable television which most of the races are broadcast on is not free. Five months of cable is actually quite a bit more expensive than the gold app.
Last week races were tape delayed and you needed app if you wanted to watch live.
1/15/2019 4:37pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Cable television which most of the races are broadcast on is not free. Five months of cable is actually quite a bit more expensive than the...
True! Hulu live and the gold package for SX & MX both are cheaper than 1 month of my old cable bill. I have every channel I watched before at a fraction of the cost. If you live in an area with good internet, cable is stealing money.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
1/15/2019 4:58pm
What did I miss?! Who hates RC? Pinch
1/15/2019 5:02pm
RC is miles from where he was last year - but I still say his best comment so far was at Daytona - I forget which year - it was late in the race and his rider was gassed - camera panned in on the poor guy cornering rather slowly and RC said (I’m paraphrasing) “if he goes any slower he’ll be in reverse”. Laughing
Bennett
1/15/2019 5:39pm
RC is miles from where he was last year - but I still say his best comment so far was at Daytona - I forget which...
RC is miles from where he was last year - but I still say his best comment so far was at Daytona - I forget which year - it was late in the race and his rider was gassed - camera panned in on the poor guy cornering rather slowly and RC said (I’m paraphrasing) “if he goes any slower he’ll be in reverse”. Laughing
I believe he was talking about Tickle, it was closer to "if he goes any slower, he'll tip over". Ha!
crf250pilot
1/15/2019 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 5:47pm
RC is miles from where he was last year - but I still say his best comment so far was at Daytona - I forget which...
Bennett wrote:
I believe he was talking about Tickle, it was closer to "if he goes any slower, he'll tip over". Ha!
Lol, i loved it when he said that. RC was so pissed at Tickle that night.
ruy
1/15/2019 6:36pm

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
1/15/2019 10:32pm

Is that you, Ricky?

Seriously, he's getting better each week. Does anyone know what happened to Jeff?
JustMX
1/16/2019 3:51am

Radical wrote:
Is that you, Ricky?

Seriously, he's getting better each week. Does anyone know what happened to Jeff?
Walking the bridges in lake Havasu?
ktm300hater
1/16/2019 4:10am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 4:12am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MotoMo165 wrote:
Last week races were tape delayed and you needed app if you wanted to watch live.
I don't know where you live, but I watched both weeks live with sling tv
pkiczuk
1/16/2019 4:24am

Radical wrote:
Is that you, Ricky?

smoking weed out of a crushed monster can somewhere im sure....
but in all seriousness, Fro was my favorite rider growing up, so getting to hear him in the booth after his retirement was awesome for me. I was very sad to see him go, and I've never liked Carmichael, as a rider, as someone I met when I was a kid, and when he did the small commenting gigs on tv. So needless to say I was not thrilled when he was announced as jeff's replacement. But aside from a few hiccups, I can't really hate on how he's doing. Huge huge huge improvements.
struth
1/16/2019 4:54am
Out: ralph , rc
In: fro ,grant,windham....
flatout111
1/16/2019 5:37am
Does anyone really think good ol' KDub would even be interested in the rigors of a 17 week broadcast schedule? I kinda doubt it, though he is quite good in the booth.
1/16/2019 10:03am
flatout111 wrote:
Does anyone really think good ol' KDub would even be interested in the rigors of a 17 week broadcast schedule? I kinda doubt it, though he...
Does anyone really think good ol' KDub would even be interested in the rigors of a 17 week broadcast schedule? I kinda doubt it, though he is quite good in the booth.
That's what Im saying...

I don't think he wants to travel each week and waste his weekend. I also think the pay side of it isn't all that great.
LungButter
1/16/2019 10:23am
That's what Im saying... I don't think he wants to travel each week and waste his weekend. I also think the pay side of it isn't...
That's what Im saying...

I don't think he wants to travel each week and waste his weekend. I also think the pay side of it isn't all that great.
Yep, KDub is making more money now than when he was racing. Why would he even want to bother with all the hassles of a 17 week travel schedule?

Post a reply to: To all the RC haters

The Latest