To all my RonRon friends.

motogrady
3/9/2016 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 12:06pm
Well, we knew it was gonna happen sooner or later.

I think it was 1999, maybe 2000.
I caught an article in Cycle News, about this new website, that was ground breaking, set up
by what was then one of the top riders in the sport.

Learned computers over there, met some good guys over there, made war with other sites over there,
watched the media side of things change almost completely over there.

JNick, Jarrid, Spydee and even SR21 for a bit, to name but a few, it was fun, take o yerselves.

http://ronronmx.com/forums-down.html
|
3/9/2016 1:51pm
I believe it's been like that since at least last year. I went to check in there and saw that page.

Was a fun hangout with a very relaxed moderating standard! Used to love all the videos posted on there! Have nearly all of them saved on a external HDD.
RPM68
3/9/2016 2:10pm
those were the days..Remember how big of a deal it was to have your custom signature?
huck
3/9/2016 2:14pm
Gosh, I used to hate when those idiots from Ron Ron would try and come play with us... It was ugly.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
3/9/2016 3:26pm
RPM68 wrote:
those were the days..Remember how big of a deal it was to have your custom signature?
Yes, I do.

Remember the Photoshop Wars?

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/9/2016 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 3:38pm
huck wrote:
Gosh, I used to hate when those idiots from Ron Ron would try and come play with us... It was ugly.
LOL Smile
Almost as bad as the supercross dot com crowd.

Bushwood & Monkey Drive was always where it was at. Smile
jeffro503
3/9/2016 3:46pm
Yep! I was on there for a couple years but didn't post much. Then I found this place and TT. Hell , until now I had no idea RonRon still had is place up and running. I thought it shut down a long time ago.
Gukamonster
3/9/2016 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 3:53pm
I posted there with a different name from 2002 until the first forum update deleted the old threads around '07 I think. I was a teenager then, kind of a waste of time but I learned a few things.

I remember the guy jcamp13 that pretended to be a guy who won stock C at Lorrettas and others later.

Some I remember: Rhino, Demon79, Moto-x-pyy, NorCalRedRyder, Bigglesworth, solhus, Shootmx, Odeezie, AnthemMetal, peterlemonjello, Mr. Motocross, MxEthix, jeremyb, mxtrainer and I think that Brett Cue guy and former Canadian champ Dusty Klatt posted there as a kid.
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
3/9/2016 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 3:59pm
RIP RonRon Forums. That was the very first forum I've ever joined (I think my join date there was 2003).

And to think the infamous Ddavis got his start over there too before gracing Vital with his ridiculousness.
tobz
3/9/2016 4:39pm
Ah the memories
3/9/2016 4:51pm
I posted there with a different name from 2002 until the first forum update deleted the old threads around '07 I think. I was a teenager...
I posted there with a different name from 2002 until the first forum update deleted the old threads around '07 I think. I was a teenager then, kind of a waste of time but I learned a few things.

I remember the guy jcamp13 that pretended to be a guy who won stock C at Lorrettas and others later.

Some I remember: Rhino, Demon79, Moto-x-pyy, NorCalRedRyder, Bigglesworth, solhus, Shootmx, Odeezie, AnthemMetal, peterlemonjello, Mr. Motocross, MxEthix, jeremyb, mxtrainer and I think that Brett Cue guy and former Canadian champ Dusty Klatt posted there as a kid.
Bigglesworth was the DD410 of the 2000's for sure.

I loved that place. I actually spent more time in the non-MX forum.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
3/9/2016 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 5:15pm
I posted there with a different name from 2002 until the first forum update deleted the old threads around '07 I think. I was a teenager...

It wasnt Dusty Klatt, it was a guy that only raced canada a few years, his name escapes right now. Either way, it wasnt really him either, it was someone pretending to be him for years

Just remembered donnie mcgourty (sp?)
3/9/2016 5:21pm
It wasnt Dusty Klatt, it was a guy that only raced canada a few years, his name escapes right now. Either way, it wasnt really him...
It wasnt Dusty Klatt, it was a guy that only raced canada a few years, his name escapes right now. Either way, it wasnt really him either, it was someone pretending to be him for years

Just remembered donnie mcgourty (sp?)
Yep, it was McGourty (not actualy him).
motogrady
3/9/2016 5:53pm
huck wrote:

Ha, the motto talk raids were funny cause those guys got so pissed. The sx.com guys, I think half the original
members quit over there when we followed TFS to that joint.
Ya, those were entertaining until a few guys hit that Fraternal Order of Police site.

I know being a regular on that site, it being what it was, sometimes kinda followed you around.
I remember this one site, I think it was called motodrive, freaking guy clicked me within 24 hours
after I joined up, didn't even get a chance to postLaughing
ricko
3/9/2016 5:57pm
I used to be on there a lot probably 10 years ago. I forget, when did it even go away?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/9/2016 6:07pm
motogrady wrote:
Ha, the motto talk raids were funny cause those guys got so pissed. The sx.com guys, I think half the original members quit over there when...

Ha, the motto talk raids were funny cause those guys got so pissed. The sx.com guys, I think half the original
Ya, those were entertaining until a few guys hit that Fraternal Order of Police site.

I know being a regular on that site, it being what it was, sometimes kinda followed you around.
I remember this one site, I think it was called motodrive, freaking guy clicked me within 24 hours
The guy who ran Motodrive was a jerk. Wink
Big Lenny
3/9/2016 6:08pm
huck wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Ha, the motto talk raids were funny cause those guys got so pissed. The sx.com guys, I think half the original members quit over there when...

TFS was the "Death Star"...those Cats thought the world was coming to when he came into their orbit...Laughing
3/9/2016 6:42pm
There was a guy that pretended to be an insider and got outted. He still uses the same username on here. He stills posts on here. The username escapes me right now!

So many good days. The van buskirk guy who had the sweetest YZ125 and then randomly found mormon and decided to go to another country as a missionary. Also the sad passing of MXEthix Sad

Haha the sig designs BS

zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
3/9/2016 6:47pm
There was a guy that pretended to be an insider and got outted. He still uses the same username on here. He stills posts on here...
There was a guy that pretended to be an insider and got outted. He still uses the same username on here. He stills posts on here. The username escapes me right now!

So many good days. The van buskirk guy who had the sweetest YZ125 and then randomly found mormon and decided to go to another country as a missionary. Also the sad passing of MXEthix Sad

Haha the sig designs BS

Uptite
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/9/2016 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 7:15pm
huck wrote:
motogrady wrote:

Big Lenny wrote:
TFS was the "Death Star"...those Cats thought the world was coming to when he came into their orbit...Laughing
All Bruin did was start a thread.... "Who's Ready For Anaheim?"
Those people went nuts when they seen he was a mod.

Those people who ran the site were also nuts.
My first post on sx dot com got deleted and I got a private message from some yammamama scolding me.
All I did was post about who the new title sponsor was for supercross or some shit like that.
They were obviously just mad because TFS supporters were posting there. lol

I think a couple of them came on here around Thanksgiving one year and you & I were messing with them.
I think Chams may had been one of them.
Board wars lol.
I remember you telling them that this place was rough like a prison and they were gonna get shanked. Hahaha Smile
3/9/2016 7:17pm
RIP!

I think I started posting there when I was 12!
Big Lenny
3/9/2016 7:19pm
motogrady wrote:

Big Lenny wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
All Bruin did was start a thread.... "Who's Ready For Anaheim?" Those people went nuts when they seen he was a mod. Those people who ran...
All Bruin did was start a thread.... "Who's Ready For Anaheim?"
Those people went nuts when they seen he was a mod.

Those people who ran the site were also nuts.
My first post on sx dot com got deleted and I got a private message from some yammamama scolding me.
All I did was post about who the new title sponsor was for supercross or some shit like that.
They were obviously just mad because TFS supporters were posting there. lol

I think a couple of them came on here around Thanksgiving one year and you & I were messing with them.
I think Chams may had been one of them.
Board wars lol.
I remember you telling them that this place was rough like a prison and they were gonna get shanked. Hahaha Smile
I remember I think I saw him lurking and I warned them that he was coming, he was the king of "Guerilla Warfare" on the boards....Laughing
knobby101
3/9/2016 7:21pm
Mototalk was heaven and we ruled... this place only got going when it died and we all came over here... We were Gods!
kawirider819
3/9/2016 7:26pm
I believe it's been like that since at least last year. I went to check in there and saw that page. Was a fun hangout with...
I believe it's been like that since at least last year. I went to check in there and saw that page.

Was a fun hangout with a very relaxed moderating standard! Used to love all the videos posted on there! Have nearly all of them saved on a external HDD.
You happen to have any of those videos from those brothers always shredding in the northwest? Ivey brothers I think they were.
3/9/2016 7:27pm
Man I forgot about ronronmx! What happened to Mxethix if you dont mind me asking?
Huevos
3/9/2016 7:36pm
Awww... the good ol' days. I still have a few of my sigs on my photobucket account. I'm glad that site is down, and there is now no link to me and the stupid crap I used to say on that forum.

3/9/2016 7:39pm
Man I forgot about ronronmx! What happened to Mxethix if you dont mind me asking?
He passed away riding on his family's property. There are more specifics but I don't think it's appropriate to go further on a public forum.
3/9/2016 7:42pm
I believe it's been like that since at least last year. I went to check in there and saw that page. Was a fun hangout with...

You happen to have any of those videos from those brothers always shredding in the northwest? Ivey brothers I think they were.
I remember one from Alderdale (I think?) where he was battling a 125SX on his 250f? If it's the same guy I am thinking of he wore number 295 and for some reason I thought it was the user on here mx_295 or mx295. Drew maybe? I will have a good look tonight if I remember!

Post a reply to: To all my RonRon friends.

The Latest