To Feld, NBC Sports, MX Sports, Luongo, and anyone else in charge of our sport

tcallahan707
Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 10:15am
Listen for a minute or so.

|
ledger
1/10/2020 12:52am
He hit the nail on the head. Sometimes I feel that this ole world is going to spin off its own axis if we don't slow down a bit.
GangGreen
1/10/2020 3:09am
Thanks for sharing. American Flat Track is already taking a severe turn for the worse next year. Excluding Privateers has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever. Ron Lechein won a Supercross as a privateer, Johnny O'Mara won a USGP. It sure would simplify sign-up, scoring, and parking if Feld and MX Sports knew who was racing every week was the same 12 guys.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/new-american-flat-track-rules-to-…

tcallahan707
1/10/2020 7:11am
GangGreen wrote:
Thanks for sharing. American Flat Track is already taking a severe turn for the worse next year. [b] Excluding Privateers has to be one of the...
Thanks for sharing. American Flat Track is already taking a severe turn for the worse next year. Excluding Privateers has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever. Ron Lechein won a Supercross as a privateer, Johnny O'Mara won a USGP. It sure would simplify sign-up, scoring, and parking if Feld and MX Sports knew who was racing every week was the same 12 guys.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/new-american-flat-track-rules-to-…

My post was more of a warning to those in charge of trying make our sport more profitable/marketable aka grow the sport. I'm a bit confused by your post. I understand your opinion and feelings surrounding the decision by ATF. However, the decision made actually seems to be in alignment with trying to build the sport (if we use MotoGP or F1 as evidence), as opposed to the baseball reference on what not to do.
JM485
1/10/2020 7:46am
Love Gary V, he's been a huge influence on me the last year or so and he's absolutely dead right. Content creation and reach are the biggest things in the digital world we live in, trying to monetize and control everything on platforms like YouTube is just the kiss of death in today's world, you're leaving so much exposure on the table doing that and it's unbelievably short sited. The old days of marketing are over, we're in a new era now that needs modern approaches and that means accessible content, and a lot of it. You literally have people creating content for you, for free, that are doing nothing but grow your brand reach, why in the hell would you try to limit that!?

The Shop

FWYT
1/10/2020 7:52am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2020 8:08am
Honest question, not taking issue with anyone - Who pays the creatives that create all the content in these models? Does it get absorbed as an operating cost by the promoters? The teams?
tcallahan707
1/10/2020 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2020 5:17pm
FWYT wrote:
Honest question, not taking issue with anyone - Who pays the creatives that create all the content in these models? Does it get absorbed as an...
Honest question, not taking issue with anyone - Who pays the creatives that create all the content in these models? Does it get absorbed as an operating cost by the promoters? The teams?
I'd say anyone who has an interest in getting eyeballs looking their direction. It's part of the marketing budget. Teams can make their own content while promoters use content to do just that, promote their events (which ultimately is the promotion of the sport).

At the end of the day, the new era model is create. It's all about grabbing attention. Blocking viewers is ass backwards. JM485's last sentence nailed it.
1/11/2020 8:12am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 8:13am
Off this guys content topic-but regarding the promoters; I'd love to see a carbon footprint burn and cost analysis of how stupid it was to have the teams/rigs drive all those rigs, all the way to st louis, then back here, vs keeping the series on a consistent travel loop around the country.

As someone that drove rigs on the MTB circuit back in MTB hey day, the years the organizers had us slingshotting around were not only overly expensive, but the personal costs on team staff, was high.

Seems like they could have planned better.

But I guess this is motocross, carbon footprints are about as important as covering up monster and rockstar models.
tcallahan707
1/11/2020 9:02am
Off this guys content topic-but regarding the promoters; I'd love to see a carbon footprint burn and cost analysis of how stupid it was to have...
Off this guys content topic-but regarding the promoters; I'd love to see a carbon footprint burn and cost analysis of how stupid it was to have the teams/rigs drive all those rigs, all the way to st louis, then back here, vs keeping the series on a consistent travel loop around the country.

As someone that drove rigs on the MTB circuit back in MTB hey day, the years the organizers had us slingshotting around were not only overly expensive, but the personal costs on team staff, was high.

Seems like they could have planned better.

But I guess this is motocross, carbon footprints are about as important as covering up monster and rockstar models.
Totally man. It's ridiculous. And then there is the F1 thread about going to 2 strokes. We have a long ways to go....
Racerman967
1/11/2020 9:18am
Which is why having the race in St. Louis this weekend is stupid. It expends resources that don't need to be. I understand that tracks have "traditional dates" But if you are going to have teams spending excess money cris crossing the country and then ask why rider counts are down....

Why not do Vegas this weekend since it isn't the season ending race? Run the East and then Seattle, Denver Salt Lake

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/11/2020 9:33am
Which is why having the race in St. Louis this weekend is stupid. It expends resources that don't need to be. I understand that tracks have...
Which is why having the race in St. Louis this weekend is stupid. It expends resources that don't need to be. I understand that tracks have "traditional dates" But if you are going to have teams spending excess money cris crossing the country and then ask why rider counts are down....

Why not do Vegas this weekend since it isn't the season ending race? Run the East and then Seattle, Denver Salt Lake

Flipping Vegas to round 2 sounds like it would have been an excellent idea imo . St Louis would have still been west but travel wise it seems like the perfect solution.
BobbyM
1/11/2020 10:15am
Which is why having the race in St. Louis this weekend is stupid. It expends resources that don't need to be. I understand that tracks have...

Since you don't know about the ins and outs of scheduling the sx series you may appear to be clueless.

Post a reply to: To Feld, NBC Sports, MX Sports, Luongo, and anyone else in charge of our sport

The Latest