Title sponsor

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2020 12:57 AM

With the sad departure of FC Honda from the sport, out of interest what would Geico be paying as a title sponsor for the FC Honda team per year?

|

10/15/2020 2:20 AM

Cliffy615 wrote:

With the sad departure of FC Honda from the sport, out of interest what would Geico be paying as a title sponsor for the FC Honda team per year?

3fiddy

|

10/15/2020 3:13 AM

What is 3fiddy?
$350,000 or $3.5m?

|

10/15/2020 3:15 AM

Yes

|

10/15/2020 3:18 AM

Good show everyone

|

10/15/2020 4:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2020 4:06 AM

Gotta be at least a Millski...or shall I say...had to of been ;(

|

10/15/2020 4:20 AM

Believe it was $2 million. Don’t quote me but pretty sure that’s what a couple of the podcasts had said. Someone with a little more insider info may be able to confirm.

|

10/15/2020 8:40 AM

Pulp said is was $2M

|

10/15/2020 12:58 PM

$3m for 21.

|

10/15/2020 1:09 PM

Here is my short list of kick-ass, Honda-ready sponsors who should really step it up and consider sponsoring the team. Their logos and brand identity would fit like a glove, and they are bound to have some reach in the moto demographic. It helps that their logos feature red:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

10/15/2020 1:15 PM

Falcon wrote:

Here is my short list of kick-ass, Honda-ready sponsors who should really step it up and consider sponsoring the team. Their logos and brand identity would fit like a glove, and they are bound to have some reach in the moto demographic. It helps that their logos feature red:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

Chick-fil-A Honda team?

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

10/15/2020 1:17 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

I'm not sure why these companies are not on board already.

Why isn't this industry going after major sponsors as aggressively as they should? Someone smart and creative should start an agency solely to place large corporate sponsors with race teams.

Dirt bike fans are primarily young and they buy non dirt bike stuff like everyone else - In fact, I think fans of this sport are more loyal than most consumers.

Monster Energy appears to be doing okay, I wonder why other companies haven't followed suit.

|

10/15/2020 2:32 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

Brent wrote:

Why isn't this industry going after major sponsors as aggressively as they should? Someone smart and creative should start an agency solely to place large corporate sponsors with race teams.

Dirt bike fans are primarily young and they buy non dirt bike stuff like everyone else - In fact, I think fans of this sport are more loyal than most consumers.

Monster Energy appears to be doing okay, I wonder why other companies haven't followed suit.

Pretty sure people in the industry are knocking on every door and turning over every rock for sponsorships.

The problem is the audience or lack thereof and the changing ways of advertising. I think Weege talked about it in one of his Pala shows. More $ into online, targeted advertising and less into things like motorsports.

|

10/15/2020 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2020 2:39 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

Dimblewambie wrote:

Chick-fil-A Honda team?

Your post has me craving a #1 with American cheese now. And probably some nuggets too. And waffle fries. It’s a 20min drive. Fuck, guess I better head out.

|

10/15/2020 2:53 PM

Brent wrote:

You seem to have all of the answers so why don’t you make it happen?

|

10/15/2020 3:00 PM

The Honda Jet Racing Team...but, hey, I could be wrong...

https://www.hondajet.com/#2

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/15/2020 3:01 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Your post has me craving a #1 with American cheese now. And probably some nuggets too. And waffle fries. It’s a 20min drive. Fuck, guess I better head out.

Not going, is NOT a option. You better have gone.

|

10/15/2020 3:02 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Don't you mean Honda Jett Racing?

|

10/15/2020 3:03 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

You would think Coke would since they are a partial owner of Monster Energy Drink and should see the benefits.

|

10/15/2020 3:03 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

early wrote:

Don't you mean Honda Jett Racing?

That was the funny part...Jett would be the rider for Honda Jet...that's simple perfection.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/15/2020 3:53 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

Thanks for the good laugh.

Thinking that Avis (Avis Budget) that's trying to figure out a way to survive would burn money they don't have on a MX race team is a good one.

Maybe in other conditions and they could actually work a deal with the industry etc but not in rona times.

|

10/15/2020 9:34 PM

Rap Snacks has a few mil yo Photo

|

10/16/2020 1:29 PM

I worked in pro racing for many years, $1 million does not last very long in this business. I wouldnt be surprised if the bigger teams spend that in a month.

|

10/16/2020 2:34 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

RalphS wrote:

Thanks for the good laugh.

Thinking that Avis (Avis Budget) that's trying to figure out a way to survive would burn money they don't have on a MX race team is a good one.

Maybe in other conditions and they could actually work a deal with the industry etc but not in rona times.

OK, so maybe airlines and rental car agencies aren't really flush with cash right now. Good call.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

10/16/2020 2:39 PM

This is a wildly narrow demographic.....

If you're in the industry, it's big enough, if you're outside of the industry, more "mainstream," this sport and the demographics are very tiny and the demos are very narrow.

Think about it...think about how you view the person behind the names on this forum, use that and describe what you think this sport primarily consists of.

That is only one part of the problem with outside sponsors, and there are many, but then add to it, that unlike auto racing where you can have a giant logo on the hood, it is hard, if not impossible to make out your logo unless your sponsored rider is on the podium.

Also, as to why don't other drinks come in, you can bet your bottom dollar that Monster's contract severely limits how much any competing beverage sponsor can do (any and all beverages are competition).

|

10/16/2020 2:55 PM

I’m surprised any major companies sponsor moto. It’s so small. I would assume most large companies who have sponsored teams over the year, had a a connection of some sort with someone on a team. As far as monster, who actually drinks that shit? Never see anyone at the track

|

10/16/2020 3:18 PM

Falcon wrote:

Coca-Cola
Target
RED Elixir
Avis rental cars
Netflix
Nissan
Lego

Spat24 wrote:

You would think Coke would since they are a partial owner of Monster Energy Drink and should see the benefits.

Coke is the title sponsor of a V8 Supercar team here in Australia (Bathurst 1000 is on this weekend). Supercars while locally popular, is far from a major sport when compared to football etc so it’s not like Coke is not interested in niche sports. They’d be a good fit in moto with all the energy drinks. I’m surprised no ones managed to draw them in.
Photo

|

10/17/2020 6:42 AM

I would assume the series organizers have a big say in how sponsors are involved with teams.

|

10/17/2020 8:11 PM

Sell stock shares for part owner rights to pro Mx. like the packers do, the stock shares have no value. You get a certificate saying your a part owner. Creates interest if your apart owner. This money would fund the race teams in part. Theme the series, race for American Women. Thanking women for being the best part of our Country. This would be the most unique promotion ever. And way over do.

|

10/17/2020 8:47 PM

profeshenal125 wrote:

Sell stock shares for part owner rights to pro Mx. like the packers do, the stock shares have no value. You get a certificate saying your a part owner. Creates interest if your apart owner. This money would fund the race teams in part. Theme the series, race for American Women. Thanking women for being the best part of our Country. This would be the most unique promotion ever. And way over do.

I have worked on teams that did something like that. the problem is, the share holders are going to want something for their investment (visit the pit, meet the riders, walk the track, food and drinks, souvenirs). which means you have to hire someone to manage all of these people. adding an additional crew member is going to add to the teams operating costs, at least $100K for a season.

|