Tired of hearing about hydraulic clutches..

Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 12:20pm
Sorry some of you old timers and die hard hydraulic clutches fans but id hate if Yamaha went to hydraulic clutches. I already dislike like engage on asv and sunline levers and feel the same about hydraulic clutches. Seriously i cant be the only one that thinks that. Just got bent after reading the "no clutch" on the Japan spy photos from national.
|
twnorton
4/17/2017 12:18pm
Sorry some of you old timers and die hard hydraulic clutches fans but id hate if Yamaha went to hydraulic clutches. I already dislike like engage...
Sorry some of you old timers and die hard hydraulic clutches fans but id hate if Yamaha went to hydraulic clutches. I already dislike like engage on asv and sunline levers and feel the same about hydraulic clutches. Seriously i cant be the only one that thinks that. Just got bent after reading the "no clutch" on the Japan spy photos from national.
whats a hydrologic clutch?

Dumbgeon for sure!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/17/2017 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 12:20pm
If this is a joke=In
If this is not a joke=In

Im leaning heavy towards this not being "real".

The Shop

4/17/2017 12:21pm
Sorry some of you old timers and die hard hydraulic clutches fans but id hate if Yamaha went to hydraulic clutches. I already dislike like engage...
twnorton wrote:
whats a hydrologic clutch?

Dumbgeon for sure!
Bro sorry my auto correct..hater
4/17/2017 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 12:23pm
Lmfao this is awesome i do love hydro Lmfao
4/17/2017 12:24pm
But seriously dont make me post more im going for longest active account with least posts
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/17/2017 12:27pm
But seriously dont make me post more im going for longest active account with least posts
This is respectable!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/17/2017 12:29pm
OK
kiwifan
4/17/2017 12:39pm
Depends what hydraulic system is used, the KTM/Husky ones are quite good in terms of feeling the engagement better (esp. for starts)....so whatever the other brands use, if they eventually have them, will dictate if they are hated over cable.
Brent
4/17/2017 1:48pm
I just got my first KTM, and I can't believe I went 39 years without an effing hydrologic clutch, you fuckers who don't like them are crazy!
4/17/2017 2:07pm
That's probably for the best too
4/17/2017 2:14pm
The only "engage" I've ever had on my levers is a finger.

The argument I get a kick out of is feeling clutch bite. Sure, there's no cable giving your fingers direct feedback but there's other ways to tell. People drive vehicles with fly by wire pedals all the time and don't seem to have a problem or even realize it! Laughing
4/17/2017 2:31pm
Tbh ive smoked a hydro clutch or two in my time..and some of yall will know i mean and some wont. Its all good just sayin.
4/17/2017 2:32pm
Tbh ive smoked a hydro clutch or two in my time..and some of yall will know what mean and some wont. Its all good just sayin.
gonzo358
4/17/2017 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 2:39pm
Just a couple more
lol.. I'm sorta going for that one myself. Woohoo Although I'm 4 years behind.
rongi#401
4/17/2017 2:50pm
the best thing about hydro is when u smoke 1
Tenacious P
4/17/2017 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 3:06pm
A well lubed, properly routed cable clutch works fine (as most of us know). Innovation is not always driven by a truly superior product, it is often driven by competition (spring forks anyone?)

All the manufacturers look at each other to figure out what to do next.
+
The Japanese are looking at why KTM is taking their sales.
=
Hydro clutches and E-start will be as standard as fuel injection within a couple years.

Stamp it.
captmoto
4/17/2017 3:02pm
hydraulic, hydraulic, hydraulic, hydraulic,
kiwifan
4/17/2017 6:41pm
A well lubed, properly routed cable clutch works fine (as most of us know). Innovation is not always driven by a truly superior product, it is...
A well lubed, properly routed cable clutch works fine (as most of us know). Innovation is not always driven by a truly superior product, it is often driven by competition (spring forks anyone?)

All the manufacturers look at each other to figure out what to do next.
+
The Japanese are looking at why KTM is taking their sales.
=
Hydro clutches and E-start will be as standard as fuel injection within a couple years.

Stamp it.
fun fact...Japanese 450 bikes had FI before KTM....air forks as well (like them or not)

the problem is that the Japanese bikes have a weight issue without Hydro clutches and ES...so not as easy as just producing them as everyone then gets up in arms about them being too heavy already...unless they can lighten them enough to compensate for the additional hardware.

it will be interesting to see what does change in 2018/2019
MotoX85
4/17/2017 7:09pm
Well I'm an old timer and I hate Hydraulic clutches, but some magazine have fed the sheep their opinion and now everyone wanna be needs to have 2 or 3. Just kidding.

Some people like the easy pull, some prefer the feel of the cable.
BobPA
4/17/2017 7:10pm
Tbh ive smoked a hydro clutch or two in my time..and some of yall will know what mean and some wont. Its all good just sayin.
Smoking weed is sooooo cool brah, livin' that kush life
jeffro503
4/17/2017 7:14pm
I must be crazy or just not give a shit. I adjust the way I use it and feel it.....and honestly don't have a preference on using either one. I'll just use it the way that gets me from point A to B , the quickest way possible.
RickA
4/17/2017 7:22pm
You should appreciate a drum and linkage brake then. Maybe Yamaha can ditch the master cylinder for you.
Braap19
4/17/2017 7:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I must be crazy or just not give a shit. I adjust the way I use it and feel it.....and honestly don't have a preference on...
I must be crazy or just not give a shit. I adjust the way I use it and feel it.....and honestly don't have a preference on using either one. I'll just use it the way that gets me from point A to B , the quickest way possible.
I never can really feel the difference except late in a moto when a cable clutch would start to get smoked vs a hydraulic doesnt have that feel. Maybe i rode different on them though. Very likely
4/17/2017 7:53pm
This thread is definitely cool enough to be in the Dumbgeon (capitalized out of respect) asap! Boring threads are preferred in Moto-related nowadays. Goofy fun is in the Dumbgeon!

Smoke more ganja bro and post up another oneeeey or two.

Post a reply to: Tired of hearing about hydraulic clutches..

The Latest