Tire Suggestions---Chunking Problem

Tracktor
1/21/2019 8:10am
Jrewing wrote:
Does anyone look at the rim scrub to determine pressure
Funny story about that- We were some of the first to try Goldentyres. After a day of riding I look at Z’s rear wheel and pretty much all of the anodizing was gone from the side of rim. We ended up having to run much higher pressures on those tires. They worked well but fell apart quickly like a Dunlop.
I ended up sanding all the black of the sides of the rim. Actually looked kinda cool...
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/21/2019 9:14am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 1:55pm
Tracktor wrote:
So I posted this in Tomac thread but had already thought about starting a separate one- I am running into this with my older boy. He...
So I posted this in Tomac thread but had already thought about starting a separate one-

I am running into this with my older boy. He is just a local fast B rider. He can destroy a rear tire in a couple of rides. Fronts take just a few longer. I have tried multiple brands and compounds. Changed air pressure. Doesn't matter if hardpack or sand. ExampIe- had a few rides on a set on my KX250f and they were wearing well. One practice day of him riding it on a pure sand track and knobs coming off. Dunlops have been worst so far he has stripped the majority of knobs off of a couple of those within a few rides. Getting kind of expensive..
We've ran-
Goldentyre
Dunlop
Michelin
Bridgestone (best so far)

Might try Pirellis. Mostly run an Int/Soft tire here in the NW..............

I still have absolutely NO clue how he could be tearing up tires on a "pure sand track". There's no way. The sand would give before the tire would even bend a knob over enough to rip or chunk one out. Sounds like Dunlop is just plain garbage. The 756 was a good tire, only one I ever used from Dunlop. Until I went to Pirelli Scorpions for sand and Bridgestone M403/404 for everything else.
Jrewing
1/21/2019 1:35pm
Loose chain could take chunks off the side of the tyre on the left side
Zeke27G
1/21/2019 1:45pm

Had chunking issues with 2 different Starcross 5 Mediums on my KX500. Size 120/90-19, and I ride/race MX only on it.

And now I've got the same problem happening on my '73 CZ400, with a Starcross 5 Medium 100/100-18.

I can justify this issue with a KX500, but not on a vintage CZ.

Can't say I'm too stoked on this as I've shelled out some serious dough on Michelin's recently.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Tire Suggestions---Chunking Problem

The Latest