Tire Doping

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 9:14pm

I am sick of the never ending rules and ways to beat them. Why can't we just race with the best methods available and see who wins? The sport looks stupid again.

http://www.cyclenews.com/2018/04/article/jared-mees-responds-to-america…
|
MXMattii
5/1/2018 7:41am
We like to see underdogs win... That is why we try to create a level playing field. Just imagine that you could do everything you wanted. In Supercross KTM would win everything because they have very deep pockets. Same in Flat Track with the new interest from Indian and Harley... So Ducati America and others could just pack it up and leave the scene. Lets race with four riders!
Phantom 661
5/1/2018 8:08am
Don't penalize the rider! The tires the one that gave the dirty test. Suspend the tire from racing.
Zaugg
5/1/2018 8:55am
Yeah...to hell with rules because it's always cool to watch racing where the team with the deepest pockets win.

Look at American Road Racing (the dumpster fire that is MotoAmerica). There are literally 2 teams fighting for a championship....because they have all the money. Super boring watching the same 4 guys up front. WSBK is pretty much the same. Without the level playing field, you typically don't have good racing. It becomes more about the mechanical and engineering side than the talent of the rider.

But YEAH...let's let teams do whatever they want. It won't be bad for the sport.

The Shop

Premix
5/1/2018 9:06am
Don't penalize the rider! The tires the one that gave the dirty test. Suspend the tire from racing.
The tire wasn’t in question, it was the compound used to break down the rubber. Did you not read the article?
peelout
5/1/2018 10:04am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 10:08am
IF YOU NEVER PUT HELIUM IN YOU'R TUBZ THEN FUCK YOU
MXMattii
5/1/2018 11:39am
Zaugg wrote:
Yeah...to hell with rules because it's always cool to watch racing where the team with the deepest pockets win. Look at American Road Racing (the dumpster...
Yeah...to hell with rules because it's always cool to watch racing where the team with the deepest pockets win.

Look at American Road Racing (the dumpster fire that is MotoAmerica). There are literally 2 teams fighting for a championship....because they have all the money. Super boring watching the same 4 guys up front. WSBK is pretty much the same. Without the level playing field, you typically don't have good racing. It becomes more about the mechanical and engineering side than the talent of the rider.

But YEAH...let's let teams do whatever they want. It won't be bad for the sport.

WSBK is trying with rules to make the Kawasaki less competitive and rules that make the others more competitive. Last few races weren't too bad, but championship wise it will be hard to beat Kawasaki.

Personally I think the British Superbike series is doing a great job, trying to level the playing field. Also the British Touring Car Series and all the TCR series. The Indycar and NASCAR are perfect examples of "Everyone can win, with every car."
PTECH
5/1/2018 12:24pm
Everyone love close racing but at the same time personally I’ve always wanted to see some kind of racing series with minimal rules and restrictions just to see where the technology goes. Let the engineers and designers loose and lets see what happens. The thread that’s going right now about spoke vs solid wheels makes me think about it some more. Production based series are great and all but I think it really kills innovation.
cwtoyota
5/1/2018 3:06pm
"...Hexanedioic acid bis(ethylhexyl) ester, Dodecanoic acid and 1,3-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester"

Hey, isn't that the same shit Broc Tickle popped for? Huh
Stuntman949
5/1/2018 3:27pm
cwtoyota wrote:
"...Hexanedioic acid bis(ethylhexyl) ester, Dodecanoic acid and 1,3-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester"

Hey, isn't that the same shit Broc Tickle popped for? Huh
5-califragilisticexpialidocious-2-amine*
Drew Blood
5/1/2018 3:28pm
We used to use a product on our Asphalt cars. It wasn't banned at the time but later was.

It was a spec series with spec tires, so if your durometer was way less than the spec tires, you were popped.
Johnny Depp
5/1/2018 4:20pm
Zaugg wrote:
Yeah...to hell with rules because it's always cool to watch racing where the team with the deepest pockets win. Look at American Road Racing (the dumpster...

This is not even a rule in MX or SX to my knowledge. And I'm pretty sure a gallon of this costs no more than a gallon of VP race fuel. So stop with the drama.
Johnny Depp
5/1/2018 4:21pm
Drew Blood wrote:
We used to use a product on our Asphalt cars. It wasn't banned at the time but later was. It was a spec series with spec...
We used to use a product on our Asphalt cars. It wasn't banned at the time but later was.

It was a spec series with spec tires, so if your durometer was way less than the spec tires, you were popped.
Welcome to Vital, and thanks for the feedback. I'm still curious if anyone would admit to using these products in MX, since it appears there may be some benefit for little $.
Phantom 661
5/1/2018 5:54pm
Premix wrote:
The tire wasn’t in question, it was the compound used to break down the rubber. Did you not read the article?
You're trying to use semantics to make me look stupid?! If the tire was not in question... then why was Mees docked? Artical says 1 of 4 tires tested positive (in a lab) for several illegal chemicals. I made a little joke about it and you got all serious. Sideways
Premix
5/1/2018 6:00pm
You're trying to use semantics to make me look stupid?! If the tire was not in question... then why was Mees docked? Artical says 1 of...
You're trying to use semantics to make me look stupid?! If the tire was not in question... then why was Mees docked? Artical says 1 of 4 tires tested positive (in a lab) for several illegal chemicals. I made a little joke about it and you got all serious. Sideways
At this point we’re going to assume you can read, but your comprehension skills are well below a 2nd grade level.

Phantom 661
5/1/2018 6:22pm
You're trying to use semantics to make me look stupid?! If the tire was not in question... then why was Mees docked? Artical says 1 of...
Premix wrote:
At this point we’re going to assume you can read, but your comprehension skills are well below a 2nd grade level. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/01/258771/s1200_E3692A37_98EB_4931_9996_28AB285A4DC1.jpg[/img]
At this point we’re going to assume you can read, but your comprehension skills are well below a 2nd grade level.

Who's we? I see you've posted another assumption. Nice try. ?
BAMX
5/1/2018 6:57pm
Has anyone ever tried any of this? Asking for a friend.. Some more interesting reading on the widespread use in Dirt tracks. http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-troubles-is-chemically-altering-tires-a-competitive-advantage-or-cheating/ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/01/258722/s1200_hotlap.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/01/258723/s1200_hotlap1.jpg[/img]
Has anyone ever tried any of this? Asking for a friend..

Some more interesting reading on the widespread use in Dirt tracks.

http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-troubles-is-chemically-altering-tires-…

I may or may not have some experience with this from my stock car days Wink It works but doesn't last very long.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
5/1/2018 7:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 7:37pm
Personally I would Rathet they all Had to Run
Stock tires that
Anyone could Buy
, But also I wish they all had to Run stock
Bikes
That would slow them down and
Level the playing field
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
5/1/2018 8:47pm
How about the tire company at supercross races having special tires for special riders.
DING DING DING DING
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/1/2018 9:14pm
Premix wrote:
I got the joke and thought it was pretty good but I guess it went over some peoples heads. Wink

Post a reply to: Tire Doping

The Latest