Tire Doping

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2018 7:19 AM

I am sick of the never ending rules and ways to beat them. Why can't we just race with the best methods available and see who wins? The sport looks stupid again.

http://www.cyclenews.com/2018/04/article/jared-mees-responds-to-american-flat-track-disqualification/
|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

5/1/2018 7:41 AM

We like to see underdogs win... That is why we try to create a level playing field. Just imagine that you could do everything you wanted. In Supercross KTM would win everything because they have very deep pockets. Same in Flat Track with the new interest from Indian and Harley... So Ducati America and others could just pack it up and leave the scene. Lets race with four riders!

|

5/1/2018 8:08 AM

Don't penalize the rider! The tires the one that gave the dirty test. Suspend the tire from racing.

|

5/1/2018 8:12 AM

Oh Mees...

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/1/2018 8:55 AM

Yeah...to hell with rules because it's always cool to watch racing where the team with the deepest pockets win.

Look at American Road Racing (the dumpster fire that is MotoAmerica). There are literally 2 teams fighting for a championship....because they have all the money. Super boring watching the same 4 guys up front. WSBK is pretty much the same. Without the level playing field, you typically don't have good racing. It becomes more about the mechanical and engineering side than the talent of the rider.

But YEAH...let's let teams do whatever they want. It won't be bad for the sport.

|

5/1/2018 9:06 AM

Phantom 661 wrote:

Don't penalize the rider! The tires the one that gave the dirty test. Suspend the tire from racing.

The tire wasn’t in question, it was the compound used to break down the rubber. Did you not read the article?

|

5/1/2018 9:50 AM

Has anyone ever tried any of this? Asking for a friend..

Some more interesting reading on the widespread use in Dirt tracks.

http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-troubles-is-chemically-altering-tires-a-competitive-advantage-or-cheating/

Photo Photo

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

5/1/2018 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2018 10:08 AM

IF YOU NEVER PUT HELIUM IN YOU'R TUBZ THEN FUCK YOU

|

5/1/2018 11:39 AM

Zaugg wrote:

Yeah...to hell with rules because it's always cool to watch racing where the team with the deepest pockets win.

Look at American Road Racing (the dumpster fire that is MotoAmerica). There are literally 2 teams fighting for a championship....because they have all the money. Super boring watching the same 4 guys up front. WSBK is pretty much the same. Without the level playing field, you typically don't have good racing. It becomes more about the mechanical and engineering side than the talent of the rider.

But YEAH...let's let teams do whatever they want. It won't be bad for the sport.

WSBK is trying with rules to make the Kawasaki less competitive and rules that make the others more competitive. Last few races weren't too bad, but championship wise it will be hard to beat Kawasaki.

Personally I think the British Superbike series is doing a great job, trying to level the playing field. Also the British Touring Car Series and all the TCR series. The Indycar and NASCAR are perfect examples of "Everyone can win, with every car."

|

5/1/2018 12:24 PM

Everyone love close racing but at the same time personally I’ve always wanted to see some kind of racing series with minimal rules and restrictions just to see where the technology goes. Let the engineers and designers loose and lets see what happens. The thread that’s going right now about spoke vs solid wheels makes me think about it some more. Production based series are great and all but I think it really kills innovation.

|

5/1/2018 3:06 PM

"...Hexanedioic acid bis(ethylhexyl) ester, Dodecanoic acid and 1,3-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester"

Hey, isn't that the same shit Broc Tickle popped for? wassat
|

5/1/2018 3:27 PM

cwtoyota wrote: "...Hexanedioic acid bis(ethylhexyl) ester, Dodecanoic acid and 1,3-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester"

Hey, isn't that the same shit Broc Tickle popped for? wassat

5-califragilisticexpialidocious-2-amine*

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/1/2018 3:28 PM

We used to use a product on our Asphalt cars. It wasn't banned at the time but later was.

It was a spec series with spec tires, so if your durometer was way less than the spec tires, you were popped.

|

5/1/2018 4:20 PM

Zaugg wrote:

This is not even a rule in MX or SX to my knowledge. And I'm pretty sure a gallon of this costs no more than a gallon of VP race fuel. So stop with the drama.

|

5/1/2018 4:21 PM

Drew Blood wrote:

We used to use a product on our Asphalt cars. It wasn't banned at the time but later was.

It was a spec series with spec tires, so if your durometer was way less than the spec tires, you were popped.

Welcome to Vital, and thanks for the feedback. I'm still curious if anyone would admit to using these products in MX, since it appears there may be some benefit for little $.

|

5/1/2018 4:32 PM

How about the tire company at supercross races having special tires for special riders.

|

5/1/2018 5:54 PM

Phantom 661 wrote:

Premix wrote:

The tire wasn’t in question, it was the compound used to break down the rubber. Did you not read the article?

You're trying to use semantics to make me look stupid?! If the tire was not in question... then why was Mees docked? Artical says 1 of 4 tires tested positive (in a lab) for several illegal chemicals. I made a little joke about it and you got all serious. sideways

|

5/1/2018 6:00 PM

Phantom 661 wrote:

You're trying to use semantics to make me look stupid?! If the tire was not in question... then why was Mees docked? Artical says 1 of 4 tires tested positive (in a lab) for several illegal chemicals. I made a little joke about it and you got all serious. sideways

At this point we’re going to assume you can read, but your comprehension skills are well below a 2nd grade level.

Photo

|

5/1/2018 6:22 PM

Premix wrote:

Phantom 661 wrote:

Premix wrote:

At this point we’re going to assume you can read, but your comprehension skills are well below a 2nd grade level.

Photo

Who's we? I see you've posted another assumption. Nice try. ?

|

5/1/2018 6:49 PM

Photo
|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/1/2018 6:57 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Has anyone ever tried any of this? Asking for a friend..

Some more interesting reading on the widespread use in Dirt tracks.

http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-troubles-is-chemically-altering-tires-a-competitive-advantage-or-cheating/

Photo Photo

I may or may not have some experience with this from my stock car days wink It works but doesn't last very long.

|

5/1/2018 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2018 7:37 PM

Personally I would Rathet they all Had to Run
Stock tires that
Anyone could Buy
, But also I wish they all had to Run stock
Bikes
That would slow them down and
Level the playing field

|

5/1/2018 8:47 PM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:

How about the tire company at supercross races having special tires for special riders.

DING DING DING DING

|

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting

5/1/2018 9:14 PM

Phantom 661 wrote:

Premix wrote:

Phantom 661 wrote:

I got the joke and thought it was pretty good but I guess it went over some peoples heads. wink

|

Ed Johnson