Tips for Hangtown

BoostPastU
Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 11:55am
The girlfriend and I are driving down from Portland for our first ever Hangtown experience. Any tips or advice for the weekend other than the obvious sunscreen, chairs, umbrellas, etc? Where is the best general admission place to sit (Can see most of the track or all)? Anything to do on Friday night or Sunday morning in or around Sacramento? Any good restaurants around? We'll be staying at the Comfort Inn on Folsom. Any tips or advice would be awesome!!!!
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/15/2017 10:51am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 10:58am
I know you said Thursday, but you should hit the Block Party on Thursday for autographs if you're there in time.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Whole Foods @ The Palladio at Broadstone (Block Party)
270 Palladio Parkway
Folsom, CA 95630
KTMsc
5/15/2017 11:20am
The top of the track farthest from the start has several good viewing areas with food/drink vendors nearby.
Fast Fridays has Speedway in Auburn(about 30 min away) Friday night.
Tommy Ts Comedy Club is near where you are staying.
Land Ocean in Folsom is good, or Pizzeria Classico in Folsom for a more casual dinner.
Harvdog21
5/15/2017 11:44am
East Hill near Big Moe (turn 4 on top of hill has great views and will be next to our new beer garden tent.)

West Hill just below west vendor row behind starting gate has good views and sits directly across from the FLY 150.

There is a narrow area just between the FLY 150 hospitality area and the FLY 150 jump that is GA.....it's standing room only but super cool.

Old town Folsom has a mainstreet with several small pubs....good Friday night activity.

Palladio Mall off E. Bidwell in Folsom has the Autograph Party on Thursday from 5-7....all pros, plus 125 Dream Riders, plus WMX pros will all be there. I think the Painted Ladies Rodeo team will be there too. Plus I will be there for pictures and autographs. (Just kidding.)

It will be in the 90's on Saturday. Bring wide brimmed hats and sunscreen. Visine and chapstick is advisable too.

Get inside the park before 10 am, otherwise you will likely be stuck in traffic for at least an hour.

Do not miss the 125 Dream Race scheduled for about 12:20 pm. This will not be televised. We have a full gate of 40 riders, plus a list of alternates. This could be the best race of the day!

Ted722
5/15/2017 1:25pm
All great advice in here. I'll add that I like to stand about a 1/4 of the way down Big Moe for a practice session or a half a moto. A lot of different line selections the riders use on the left-hander before powering up the hill.

If you've never been to Old Town Folsom, it's worth checking out. Depending on how much time you have, Sunday you could grab breakfast at a good local spot Mary's Gold Miner Cafe on Bidwell St. on your way to Old Town (Sutter St.) or go down there Friday night. It''s right near the American River / Lake Natoma. Cool area.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/15/2017 2:41pm
Two thumbs up to Fast Fridays.

A more sobering note: it is going to be hot leading into and out of the weekend (not super hot by HT standards, but expecting 90's). Many folks cool off in the rivers here, but be aware that it is full snow melt season after a record winter and the water in the rivers is very cold and currents are strong. There already have been 3-4 drownings this year already in the stretch of the American River from Folsom down to the confluence with the Sacramento River. If you are tempted to cool off, be smart while the rivers are running fast, cold, and deep.
IceMan446
5/15/2017 2:49pm
Ill be at the PCP hospitality area if you want to stop by. Grandstand seating and food/drinks.

Weather is looking like it will be really good, track is looking good already.

Hope you guys have fun!!

Post a reply to: Tips for Hangtown

The Latest