Time for a new sanctioning body?

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/7/2019 1:27pm
Robgvx wrote:
Yes, Feld could dump the FIM & AMA* and start their own breakaway series. They could dump WADA too by doing that, so that the riders...
Yes, Feld could dump the FIM & AMA* and start their own breakaway series. They could dump WADA too by doing that, so that the riders could take whatever they wanted.

(*Note that the FIM and AMA are a package, with the AMA being the FIM's little brother. You're not going to split that relationship).

However, good luck to Feld in getting manufacturer support or any top riders for their new series. The OEM's have too much investment in the FIM in terms of other racing series' and activities to dump the entire relationship over supercross (let alone over message board gripes). So I doubt there will be any factory teams in Feld's new breakaway supercross series.

There's nothing stopping the top riders from independently 'following the money' across to Feld's new megabucks supercross series but they'd be doing it without OEM contracts. So I doubt that'll happen.

The OEMs would go with FELD in a second, because without them there is no series. FELD has all the stadiums locked up Motorsports wise so the only place the AMA could hold an event would be at the Cow Palace.

FELD could ditch the AMA in a second and the series wouldn’t miss a beat.
Johnny Depp
2/7/2019 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 3:57pm
Robgvx wrote:
Yes, Feld could dump the FIM & AMA* and start their own breakaway series. They could dump WADA too by doing that, so that the riders...
Yes, Feld could dump the FIM & AMA* and start their own breakaway series. They could dump WADA too by doing that, so that the riders could take whatever they wanted.

(*Note that the FIM and AMA are a package, with the AMA being the FIM's little brother. You're not going to split that relationship).

However, good luck to Feld in getting manufacturer support or any top riders for their new series. The OEM's have too much investment in the FIM in terms of other racing series' and activities to dump the entire relationship over supercross (let alone over message board gripes). So I doubt there will be any factory teams in Feld's new breakaway supercross series.

There's nothing stopping the top riders from independently 'following the money' across to Feld's new megabucks supercross series but they'd be doing it without OEM contracts. So I doubt that'll happen.

See the Red Bull WESS series. Enduro has jumped the Shark. Bring on the Pirate Series!

The Shop

Post a reply to: Time for a new sanctioning body?

The Latest