Time for a new "The Man"?

cityjack
RedBud, a thing of beauty!

Yes we all know how great he was in his time and all the championships and mentoring and MXDN's hes led us to, but listening to an MXDN review from 16' with Mathes and the crew reminded me of what I've been thinking for a year or two now. I think its time for a change. The team needs some new inspiration.

No disrespect to "the man" at all. But times have and are changing and so are the riders. Most were not even alive during his reign. In most team sports, and MXDN is a team thing, when the team starts to suffer year after year, the change at the top is imminent. Whether the team is loaded with all stars or not. Which our teams always are. I am not saying anything in particular about any given team of ours over the past few years. They are all studs no doubt.

I think of it like this. Do you think a HS football team of this day and age, yes team, would respond better in a championship game to say someone like Lombardi or maybe to a Belichick, or better yet "Gronk". Gronk being a great player that PLAYERS can relate to? Hell, most of the HS players now never even knew who Lombardi is or was. My point is, when you want to impress or die for your coach because you knew and have seen him do as much, then you want to do the same.

Ricky could be our Gronk!

Smile

Don't hate. Just thinking out loud. And no, I'm not a Pats fan, strictly the fish.
|
logan_140
7/1/2017 6:21pm
cityjack wrote:
RedBud, a thing of beauty! Yes we all know how great he was in his time and all the championships and mentoring and MXDN's hes led...
RedBud, a thing of beauty!

Yes we all know how great he was in his time and all the championships and mentoring and MXDN's hes led us to, but listening to an MXDN review from 16' with Mathes and the crew reminded me of what I've been thinking for a year or two now. I think its time for a change. The team needs some new inspiration.

No disrespect to "the man" at all. But times have and are changing and so are the riders. Most were not even alive during his reign. In most team sports, and MXDN is a team thing, when the team starts to suffer year after year, the change at the top is imminent. Whether the team is loaded with all stars or not. Which our teams always are. I am not saying anything in particular about any given team of ours over the past few years. They are all studs no doubt.

I think of it like this. Do you think a HS football team of this day and age, yes team, would respond better in a championship game to say someone like Lombardi or maybe to a Belichick, or better yet "Gronk". Gronk being a great player that PLAYERS can relate to? Hell, most of the HS players now never even knew who Lombardi is or was. My point is, when you want to impress or die for your coach because you knew and have seen him do as much, then you want to do the same.

Ricky could be our Gronk!

Smile

Don't hate. Just thinking out loud. And no, I'm not a Pats fan, strictly the fish.
Go dolphins!!!
bdub
7/1/2017 6:33pm
Roger isn't the one twisting the throttle... We have lacked the "elite" guy, add in a little bad luck and that equals no W's for team USA. That being said, I like our chances this year, and next year..
SCR
7/1/2017 6:35pm
How dare you. He knows more about winning MX races then half the people in the pits combined. He took a US team over there when know one else wanted to bother with it. As far as I'm concerned there will be a hole no body else can fill the day he's not in the pits and not leading our MXDN team. You can't replace The Man.
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
7/1/2017 6:35pm
I get your point but disagree. He is still "The Man" because he's adapted as the sport/riders changed. He's entrenched in MX/SX as much as anyone can be. Yes, his racing days are decades past. His team management skills are still top notch. Why do you think Dungey followed him? No, Dungey isn't 20 years old... But when he was, Roger was already 30 years removed from his racing days. "the Man" has adapted and is still producing Champs.

Post a reply to: Time for a new "The Man"?

The Latest