Time To Let Us See YOUR Winter Projects !

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2020 5:36 AM

What you got working on in the garage this long, cold, silly winter ? *After months of searching, I finally located a PeeDub worthy of restoration for my grandkids. $400 ! I don’t know about where you live, but any ancient PW50 commands, generally- twice that now, in any condition, whether it be an ‘83 or newer.... Brand new about $1800 if you can locate.... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/3/2020 6:07 AM

My winter project is this... Oh hell, it has nothing to do with winter, it's always the project.

Photo

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

12/3/2020 6:14 AM

Rupert X wrote:

What you got working on in the garage this long, cold, silly winter ? *After months of searching, I finally located a PeeDub worthy of restoration for my grandkids. $400 ! I don’t know about where you live, but any ancient PW50 commands, generally- twice that now, in any condition, whether it be an ‘83 or newer.... Brand new about $1800 if you can locate.... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Same project Rup...yours is in waaaaay better condition that the one I have though.

|

12/3/2020 6:24 AM

Rupert X wrote:

What you got working on in the garage this long, cold, silly winter ? *After months of searching, I finally located a PeeDub worthy of restoration for my grandkids. $400 ! I don’t know about where you live, but any ancient PW50 commands, generally- twice that now, in any condition, whether it be an ‘83 or newer.... Brand new about $1800 if you can locate.... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

JBlain619 wrote:

Same project Rup...yours is in waaaaay better condition that the one I have though.

Pics, dammit, Jon ! Photo

|

12/3/2020 6:41 AM

I brought this home, not sure if it’s with the time/$$ to bring back to life Photo

|

12/3/2020 7:06 AM

I had this as a project about 8 years ago and sold it to a friend. I recently bought it back for $1250. It is an ‘83 XR350. Mods include 2001 CR250 front end with oversized rotor, Polispiort headlight and 2004 CRF250 fenders in the proper orangish color, 2000 CR250 foot pegs, SuperTrapp slip on, and a few other things. It is amazing how good this 37 year old motorcycle is as a woods bike.
Photo
Photo

|

12/3/2020 7:46 AM

Photo Waiting on work to pick up a bit more. Wanting to take my 01 a few steps further in the upcoming months. Here’s how it sits now.
|

12/3/2020 8:15 AM

Nice work, i'm currently putting the finishes touches to a project i've had on the go for a while... Almost completed.. Replica of my first Brand New bike .. Tried to source as many original new OEM parts as possible..
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/3/2020 8:24 AM

Dang, you guys have some good projects. Mine is going to be "put the empty Christmas light boxes back into the storage bins so they GTFO of my garage." grin

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/3/2020 8:49 AM

CBird81 wrote:

Nice work, i'm currently putting the finishes touches to a project i've had on the go for a while... Almost completed.. Replica of my first Brand New bike .. Tried to source as many original new OEM parts as possible..
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Good job!! I remember that bike well!!

|

12/3/2020 8:50 AM

1974 TS250. My son picked this up at a storage auction in Oregon. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/3/2020 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2020 12:51 PM

1938 Motormaster
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Ed Johnson

12/3/2020 11:42 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

1938 Motormaster
Photo
Photo
Photo

That right there is pretty cool. Would love to see how this turns out.

|

12/3/2020 11:47 AM

Rabbit Run 41 wrote:

1974 TS250. My son picked this up at a storage auction in Oregon. Photo
Photo
Photo

Does that feature the dual -range 8 speed transmission- or was the 185 that had that oddity ?

|

12/3/2020 11:52 AM

Red66 wrote:

I had this as a project about 8 years ago and sold it to a friend. I recently bought it back for $1250. It is an ‘83 XR350. Mods include 2001 CR250 front end with oversized rotor, Polispiort headlight and 2004 CRF250 fenders in the proper orangish color, 2000 CR250 foot pegs, SuperTrapp slip on, and a few other things. It is amazing how good this 37 year old motorcycle is as a woods bike.
Photo
Photo

That's a sweet bike. 350 is perfect for the trails. When I get some extra cash, I'll be looking for either a mid 80s XR, or later 80s YZ.

|

12/3/2020 11:55 AM

Started restoring a 1988 Ski Doo Formula Plus..will be a complete tear down and restore to “new” ..

Photo


Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/3/2020 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2020 12:25 PM

Rupert X wrote:

Does that feature the dual -range 8 speed transmission- or was the 185 that had that oddity ?

The TC185, TC125 and TC100 had the dual range trans Rup

|

12/3/2020 12:24 PM

My winter project...have a few 2 wheel projects to mess with as well.

Photo

|

12/3/2020 12:32 PM

Just bought this, mainly a go through and make my own rather than a big project (hopefully!). Was looking at TC125’s but nostalgia got the better of me and ended up with another zook. Photo

|

12/3/2020 12:33 PM

I bought this last winter (if there is such a thing in Florida) and worked on it the past couple months after the summer weather subsided.

I also have a 73 Husky 250 rat bike I've been rebuilding for quite some time. Someone at some point went into the engine and cracked a case, so finding a good set of cases to use has been an adventure, but recently found a really good set from a low hour bike that had suffered top end abuse from no oil.

Photo

|

12/3/2020 12:34 PM

Teejay wrote:

Just bought this, mainly a go through and make my own rather than a big project (hopefully!). Was looking at TC125’s but nostalgia got the better of me and ended up with another zook. Photo

Generally I prefer the black rims, but I think that Zook needs the yellow-golden hoops, TJ......

|

12/3/2020 12:50 PM

Fixing this up for my little guy.. was looking at PW’s but thought this was cooler and I’m a Suzuki guy and it was $125 🤙🏻🤙🏻Photo
Photo

|

12/3/2020 12:50 PM

Teejay wrote:

Just bought this, mainly a go through and make my own rather than a big project (hopefully!). Was looking at TC125’s but nostalgia got the better of me and ended up with another zook. Photo

Rupert X wrote:

Generally I prefer the black rims, but I think that Zook needs the yellow-golden hoops, TJ......

If you look close enough you’ll see the guy I bought it off has painted the rims! 🤦🏻‍♂️ So they will be sorted just not sure what colour they’ll be yet.

|

12/3/2020 1:13 PM

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

That's a sweet bike. 350 is perfect for the trails. When I get some extra cash, I'll be looking for either a mid 80s XR, or later 80s YZ.

Thanks!
I originally bought this from this guy for $500.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0gN5dC1ulEOL3ST9J0UQsPaXA#Dawsonville

|

12/3/2020 1:16 PM

I finished one project last week.
Photo
But I was already working on getting another one going for the last couple months. My wife and I have a pretty good agreement where she doesn't really care what I spend on motorcycles or other projects as long as the bills are paid.....if she only knew.

I bought a blown 85 xr600 motor that seems like it was maybe starved of oil, the cam broken half and there was some damage to the head so I got a new head. I have a frame and everything to get the motor running. Maybe one day in 18 years when my kid grows up I'll finish it.
Photo
Photo
Photo

I hope to end up with something like this
Photo

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

12/3/2020 1:23 PM

Red66 wrote:

Thanks!
I originally bought this from this guy for $500.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0gN5dC1ulEOL3ST9J0UQsPaXA#Dawsonville

Nice wheelies, but no helmet!

|

12/3/2020 1:27 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

I finished one project last week.
Photo
But I was already working on getting another one going for the last couple months. My wife and I have a pretty good agreement where she doesn't really care what I spend on motorcycles or other projects as long as the bills are paid.....if she only knew.

I bought a blown 85 xr600 motor that seems like it was maybe starved of oil, the cam broken half and there was some damage to the head so I got a new head. I have a frame and everything to get the motor running. Maybe one day in 18 years when my kid grows up I'll finish it.
Photo
Photo
Photo

I hope to end up with something like this
Photo

I like that style bike too. I might build something like this with the XR350 later on. I just saw replica Elsinore gas tanks on ebay for like $200.
Photo

|

12/3/2020 1:51 PM

Winter is when I log the most hours. Photo

|

12/3/2020 2:37 PM

Red66 wrote:

I like that style bike too. I might build something like this with the XR350 later on. I just saw replica Elsinore gas tanks on ebay for like $200.
Photo

I've seen some Xr projects where they used a CG 125 tank. one thing online said it will fit later model XRs. My frame is a 96 so I hope it will work.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

12/3/2020 3:01 PM

2001 YZ125 - Rinaldi kit, Ohlins front and rear, full ti, ceramic bearings, Emig clamps, pretty much a dream build. Had one in 2001 and always said I’d build my ultimate one
Photo
Photo
Photo

|