Tim Gajser crash today

davistld01
2/18/2018 7:40pm
Just saw the clip. OMG...he came down so hard on that face! He was unconscious before he rolled over the jump, for sure. Could have been so much worse than broken jaw...

Blink
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
2/18/2018 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 6:30am
Man.....he is so talented but these massive crashes are not looking good. I wish he would come over here before it is too late.
Prejump wrote:
I have no idea why a top MXGP rider would want to step down to a national outdoor series & have to take on SX, the...

I have no idea why a top MXGP rider would want to step down to a national outdoor series & have to take on SX, the most dangerous side of our sport.

Herlings, Cairoli, Deselle Everts etc are smart. Hopefully Gasjer wont be blinded by the lights like Roczen.
Your cast in saying SX is the most dangerous yet mentioning Everts is kind of ironic. Everts stayed in the GPs because of too many injuries, he didn't accomplish what he wanted to because of injuries in the GPs. Your point may not be wrong about SX. Although AC had nagging injuries in 15 and 16. Herlings hasn't done a full tilt 100% healthy season since 2013. Gasjer, well this thread started because of him and Febvre crashed himself out of the 16 season at Matterly. Desalle like Gasjer today crashed before the season started in pre season MX in 16 too. Of the course the 15 seaon had the top four guys all get injuried at some point of the season. Seems the GP's and GP prep are quite dangerous too no? Stop trying so hard, If you want I could write you an argument for the GP's over the AMA and you could say it was you. You could even start a whole thread about it, could be your crowning achievement on Vital. Too bad Gasjer is injuried he is far to talented to be on the sidelines hopefully back by RD 2.
500guy
2/18/2018 7:50pm
Does MXGP not have concussion protocol ?

Seems to me Championships are not worth the long term health costs to these young men.

I Really hope Tim G takes his time coming back.
JB 19
2/18/2018 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 8:27pm
Tim Gajser is probably my favorite rider to watch ride, but he has had some horrendous crashes. At some point you have to wonder how many more he can walk away from.

The Shop

2/19/2018 12:48am
Man.....he is so talented but these massive crashes are not looking good. I wish he would come over here before it is too late.
LaughingLaughingLaughing
to break his neck in SX.
Prejump
2/19/2018 2:35am
Park Boys wrote:
Your cast in saying SX is the most dangerous yet mentioning Everts is kind of ironic. Everts stayed in the GPs because of too many injuries...
Your cast in saying SX is the most dangerous yet mentioning Everts is kind of ironic. Everts stayed in the GPs because of too many injuries, he didn't accomplish what he wanted to because of injuries in the GPs. Your point may not be wrong about SX. Although AC had nagging injuries in 15 and 16. Herlings hasn't done a full tilt 100% healthy season since 2013. Gasjer, well this thread started because of him and Febvre crashed himself out of the 16 season at Matterly. Desalle like Gasjer today crashed before the season started in pre season MX in 16 too. Of the course the 15 seaon had the top four guys all get injuried at some point of the season. Seems the GP's and GP prep are quite dangerous too no? Stop trying so hard, If you want I could write you an argument for the GP's over the AMA and you could say it was you. You could even start a whole thread about it, could be your crowning achievement on Vital. Too bad Gasjer is injuried he is far to talented to be on the sidelines hopefully back by RD 2.
MXGP is of course very dangerous. No one expects this sport to be safe. But SX is the meat grinder. Think about the injury to track time.

IMO MXGP is the pinnacle of off road racing. It makes me sick the best in the business chase the show only to end battered & retiring in there late 20's.

Hopefully the best in MXGP will buck the trend & stay racing around the world in MXGP.

Nas
2/19/2018 3:28am
His father wrote on fb about an hour ago, that he is doing fine, and is expected to heal in about 3 weeks to 1 month. He'll probably miss at least the first round I guess??
Flip109
2/19/2018 3:31am
Park Boys wrote:
Your cast in saying SX is the most dangerous yet mentioning Everts is kind of ironic. Everts stayed in the GPs because of too many injuries...
Prejump wrote:
MXGP is of course very dangerous. No one expects this sport to be safe. But SX is the meat grinder. Think about the injury to track...
MXGP is of course very dangerous. No one expects this sport to be safe. But SX is the meat grinder. Think about the injury to track time.

IMO MXGP is the pinnacle of off road racing. It makes me sick the best in the business chase the show only to end battered & retiring in there late 20's.

Hopefully the best in MXGP will buck the trend & stay racing around the world in MXGP.

1. That was a horrible crash. I hope the best for Tim’s recovery. Was really looking foreword to seeing him do battle with JH and TC this year.

2. Riders don’t leave MXGP to race our national series. They come here for supercross in the first place. I do think that a lot of your guys are starting to realize how hard and dangerous sx really is. They are hanging back in mxgp. JH for example.
hellion
2/19/2018 4:11am
First off, that was terrible and I hope he heals quickly and totally.

Second, this seems to open an opportunity. Get healthy and be ready to ride the US Nationals. Why start in on the GP season when you're already two to five races out of the points? He could come here, conquer, and go back to GP next year.
willie838
2/19/2018 4:36am
broken jaw is going to really deplete his nutrition in take so he's going to have to race himself into shape while down at least 15-25 lbs and quite weak......bummer but his 18 is shot.

that video is brutal, the man who fell to earth.
Turbojez
2/19/2018 4:39am
Flip109 wrote:
1. That was a horrible crash. I hope the best for Tim’s recovery. Was really looking foreword to seeing him do battle with JH and TC...
1. That was a horrible crash. I hope the best for Tim’s recovery. Was really looking foreword to seeing him do battle with JH and TC this year.

2. Riders don’t leave MXGP to race our national series. They come here for supercross in the first place. I do think that a lot of your guys are starting to realize how hard and dangerous sx really is. They are hanging back in mxgp. JH for example.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Tim. That was a nasty crash, painful to watch.

SX is a true killer sport and it seems like it's getting more and more dangerous every year.

Injuries (just in 450's) this season:

Bloss,
Bogle,
Tomac,
Musquin,
Barcia,
Wilson,
Roczen,
Enticknap,
Bisceglia,
Weimer,
Bowers

I might have missed somebody.
There were also plenty more guys hurt in the 250's.

We're not even half way into the series for fucks sake.
Last man standing mode is on and we're getting into gladiatorial colliseum's injury rates.
Motofinne
2/19/2018 4:48am
willie838 wrote:
broken jaw is going to really deplete his nutrition in take so he's going to have to race himself into shape while down at least 15-25...
broken jaw is going to really deplete his nutrition in take so he's going to have to race himself into shape while down at least 15-25 lbs and quite weak......bummer but his 18 is shot.

That is actually something i didn't think about. You're right, he will lose weight and become weaker. Not good.
ATKpilot99
2/19/2018 5:51am
willie838 wrote:
broken jaw is going to really deplete his nutrition in take so he's going to have to race himself into shape while down at least 15-25...

Motofinne wrote:
That is actually something i didn't think about. You're right, he will lose weight and become weaker. Not good.
He's going to look like one of Aldon's guys.....I kid , I kid.
themrtoad
2/19/2018 6:29am
What will Honda do with both Bogers and Gajser out? Is this an opening for Benoit Paturel to ride a few races since he was already on a Honda last weekend in France?

This sport is so crazy sometimes, the teams are out riders even before the season starts. Standing Construct lost both Guillod and Strijbos in two days, but Strijbos will make Argentina at least after a broken collarbone.

Heal up Tim,
Bearuno
2/19/2018 2:00pm
From Off Track - On Road Emag:

"Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo has publicly voiced his opinion on several occasions at the precarious nature of winter events and national commitments for MXGP stars when the GP trail is already so long. "

I'd not be surprised if that scumbag Luongo eventually tries to tie into 'contracts' to race the GPs, that no other races than 'His' are to be attended.

Yeh, well, Guiseppe, then you might pay the Riders and Teams a decent wedge of your Filthy Lucre you pocket from their efforts and risks .............. not likely , I'd say.
Motofinne
2/19/2018 2:06pm
Bearuno wrote:
From Off Track - On Road Emag: "Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo has publicly voiced his opinion on several occasions at the precarious nature of winter events...
From Off Track - On Road Emag:

"Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo has publicly voiced his opinion on several occasions at the precarious nature of winter events and national commitments for MXGP stars when the GP trail is already so long. "

I'd not be surprised if that scumbag Luongo eventually tries to tie into 'contracts' to race the GPs, that no other races than 'His' are to be attended.

Yeh, well, Guiseppe, then you might pay the Riders and Teams a decent wedge of your Filthy Lucre you pocket from their efforts and risks .............. not likely , I'd say.
Well, it makes sense in a way.

We don't see MotoGP riders do races before Qatar, we don't see F1 drivers do any kind of racing before Melbourne. Although it's the teams that forbid their riders/drivers to take risks outside of the racing they are paid to do.

But these national races are important for the riders and their sponsors. So Luongo can f off and just deal with it.

Anyways, it sucks that there are so many riders injured before Argentina. I read that Tonus is also a doubt for round 1.
Bearuno
2/19/2018 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 2:29pm
Motfinne :

"So, Luongo can F off and just deal with it"

Eloquently put - I couldn't agree more.

But, I fear he just won't.

Meglomaniacs tend to go for the whole box and dice, eventually.

Injuries are part of our Sport / most Sports. It sucks, but that's how it is. Never, ever do we have in any series, a full compliment of riders out there. Pre-season races, or Practice / Training, bodies get broken, unfortunately.
philG
2/19/2018 2:49pm
Motofinne wrote:
Well, it makes sense in a way. We don't see MotoGP riders do races before Qatar, we don't see F1 drivers do any kind of racing...
Well, it makes sense in a way.

We don't see MotoGP riders do races before Qatar, we don't see F1 drivers do any kind of racing before Melbourne. Although it's the teams that forbid their riders/drivers to take risks outside of the racing they are paid to do.

But these national races are important for the riders and their sponsors. So Luongo can f off and just deal with it.

Anyways, it sucks that there are so many riders injured before Argentina. I read that Tonus is also a doubt for round 1.
MotoGP has IRTA organised testing, and limited days other than that , F1 is the same, and there are no races for them anywhere, anyway.

The guys have to ride somewhere... a few years ago 3 of them were injured in a free training day at an open practice track.... its a risky sport , that you have to do, to get better at it.
jeffro503
2/19/2018 5:11pm
I'm watching the race today on my regular tv......my computer monitor did not do the wreck justice. God damn that was brutal. Tim is so lucky he didn't blow his spine out. Hope that dude is going to be ok.
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
2/22/2018 7:06am
Tim Gajser: All things considered, I can say that I’ve been quite lucky. I slid with my right leg before going for a jump and that caused me to inadvertently open the throttle and that’s why I overjumped. I landed basically at the base of the following jump and hit my face hard on the handlebar. I want to look at the bright side because it could have been much worse, and I’ll be back sooner rather than later. I would like to thank the doctors and medical staff who took care of me, the team that stayed by my side and the fans and everyone who was seriously concerned about my well-being. I’ll soon get a smile back on my face – and hopefully it will be a good-looking one, too!
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
2/22/2018 7:06am
So the throttle wasn’t stuck!!,
make1go
2/22/2018 7:31am
Idp57 wrote:
So the throttle wasn’t stuck!!,
It was, just stuck by his hand.

Get well Tim, we need you out there fit and fast.
potatoflake
2/22/2018 8:56am
That crash made my stomach hurtSad hope he can heal up quickly and smoothly! I was really betting on gajser to kick some ass this year. that ones gonna be hard for him to forgetShocked

Post a reply to: Tim Gajser crash today

The Latest