Tickle to Ktm?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2017 6:14 AM

Have been seeing some rumors about this floating around. anyone have any details on if this is true or not?

|

7/8/2017 7:20 AM

I don't know...this is the first "rumor" I've seen/heard/read. Personally, I think it would be a great choice...especially since I don't think Baggett is moving from his current location.

Musquin, Canard & Tickle? Yeah, I could see that.

|

7/8/2017 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2017 7:48 AM

KTM better get their shit together if they plan on winning another championship in the next 5 years. It isn't going to happen with Tickle or Canard, especially since they're both sidelined.

No one in the current 450 class will win KTM a championship. Not even Musquin. Decoster will recruit one of those young, hungry and fast whipper-snappers coming up in the 250 class... probably someone we don't even really know about yet.

|

7/8/2017 8:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2017 8:10 AM

Put Pauls Jonass on a TLD bike for a few years and there is your potential 450 winner.

He will win MX2 this year and he is born in 1997.

But to be fair, there is not one 250 rider in US or the GPs that looks like the next big thing. I think everyone except KTM(in the GPs), Kawasaki(in US) and Honda(both series) are in trouble because Cairoli, Herlings, Gajser, Roczen and Tomac are the 5 riders that will dominate for many years and they will probably stay on the brands that they are on right now.

But Tickle would be a solid replacement for Canard.

|

7/8/2017 8:08 AM

Matthes made mention of it... Think he said KTM may of already even offered him a deal. We'll see..

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/8/2017 8:09 AM

Not a bad pick, but I would try to move Osbourne to factory KTM.

|

7/8/2017 8:27 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Put Pauls Jonass on a TLD bike for a few years and there is your potential 450 winner.

But to be fair, there is not one 250 rider in US or the GPs that looks like the next big thing. I think everyone except KTM(in the GPs), Kawasaki(in US) and Honda(both series) are in trouble because Cairoli, Herlings, Gajser, Roczen and Tomac are the 5 riders that will dominate for many years and they will probably stay on the brands that they are on right now.

Im thinking Plessinger is going to transition very well to the 450. I see him winning a title or two next year and moving up. No one else seems to be "the guy" to me, many of the future stars that went pro few years ago seem to have kind of stalled out in the 250s and maybe lost some of that momentum.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

7/8/2017 8:30 AM

Was this rumor started by the Tickle family or his agent? laughing

|

7/8/2017 8:36 AM

Tickle obviously isn't as fast as Dungey but he is low maintenance, is a self starter and is not a drama queen. I can see that being appealing to Roger. He has proven on numerous occasions that he can run towards the front when he gets a good start.

|

7/8/2017 8:36 AM

Motofinne wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

Im thinking Plessinger is going to transition very well to the 450. I see him winning a title or two next year and moving up. No one else seems to be "the guy" to me, many of the future stars that went pro few years ago seem to have kind of stalled out in the 250s and maybe lost some of that momentum.

X3 Plessinger

Maybe the Martin's.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

7/8/2017 8:44 AM

Motofinne wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

Plessinger needs to be way, way better on the 450 compared to the 250 if he wants to challenge the 450 riders.

People tend to forget that riders finishing from 5-20 in the 450 class have done exactly(sometimes even better) the same things as these 250 riders. They are almost all 250 champions or like Plessinger top 3 in 250 a few years ago.

I actually expected more from both Prado and Forkner. The two wonderkids on both sides of the ponds. Prado has one race win but other than that he has been just as "mediocre" as Forkner. But they are both extremely young.

|

7/8/2017 8:46 AM

Motofinne wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

Johnny Depp wrote:

X3 Plessinger

Maybe the Martin's.

Martins?

You really think that Alex Martin could be a 450 winner? Jeremy could outdoors but certainly not indoors(except Daytona).

Yet another example of overrating 250 riders and underrating the current 450 5-15 riders that have done exactly the same results as a guy like Jeremy Martin in the 250 class.

|

7/8/2017 9:05 AM

Motofinne wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

Plessinger is also my pick te be the next "big" thing

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/8/2017 9:07 AM

Tickle is solid and gets good results and will give KTM a 4-8 guy with an occasional podium.
It would be interesting to see what he can do on the orange bike.

Why would'nt RCH want him back. He has been good for them and their fans.

|

7/8/2017 9:08 AM

hartebreak wrote:

Johnny Depp wrote:

X3 Plessinger

Maybe the Martin's.

Motofinne wrote:

Martins?

You really think that Alex Martin could be a 450 winner? Jeremy could outdoors but certainly not indoors(except Daytona).

Yet another example of overrating 250 riders and underrating the current 450 5-15 riders that have done exactly the same results as a guy like Jeremy Martin in the 250 class.

J Mart will kill it indoors and out on a 450. He can ride the shit out of a 450, better than a 250. Everyone here is so quick to knock J Mart. Just watch

|

7/8/2017 9:21 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

X3 Plessinger

Maybe the Martin's.

Motofinne wrote:

Martins?

motosurf wrote:

J Mart will kill it indoors and out on a 450. He can ride the shit out of a 450, better than a 250. Everyone here is so quick to knock J Mart. Just watch

Same with Plessy, I heard last year he was riding the 450 at the test track and was beating Webb's times on the same bike. And remember, Kenny never really killed it on the 250, but once he got on the 450, he sure upped his pace.

|

7/8/2017 9:22 AM

Motofinne wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

BobPA wrote:

I'm likin plessinger more now that he grew his hair out .....
Photo

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/8/2017 9:23 AM

Tickle would made be a solid 3rd guys on that team behind Marvin and ????? Time will tell hahaha

|

7/8/2017 9:24 AM

I heard a rumor that Barcia was talking to Red Bull KTM.. No idea if it was legit or not.

|

7/8/2017 9:29 AM

hartebreak wrote:

BobPA wrote:

dsmith wrote:

I'm likin plessinger more now that he grew his hair out .....
Photo

That was so funny. "Yea, I grew my mullet this week"

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

7/8/2017 9:44 AM

early wrote:

Not me. Anderson is riding well but I don't see him winning a title. The way Osborne has been riding, coming off an SX title and currently leading the points in MX I'd say Husky would be wise to keep him on the team alongside Anderson.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/8/2017 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2017 10:12 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not me. Anderson is riding well but I don't see him winning a title. The way Osborne has been riding, coming off an SX title and currently leading the points in MX I'd say Husky would be wise to keep him on the team alongside Anderson.

Husky & KTM are basically the same company and team. The budget for both comes from the same coffer. It's possible KTM/Husky is looking to Anderson and Osborne as possible 450 title contenders without ponying up for 1 more top 450 guy for 2-3 years. Sure, a guy like Tickle can keep a KTM upright and finishing races, but he's not going to win a 450 championship and that's not someone Decoster can develop.

|

7/8/2017 11:09 AM

Sandwarrior752 wrote:

I heard a rumor that Barcia was talking to Red Bull KTM.. No idea if it was legit or not.

More than a rumor....Tickle is just that...a rumor

|

7/8/2017 11:23 AM

early wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Swann wrote:

Husky & KTM are basically the same company and team. The budget for both comes from the same coffer. It's possible KTM/Husky is looking to Anderson and Osborne as possible 450 title contenders without ponying up for 1 more top 450 guy for 2-3 years. Sure, a guy like Tickle can keep a KTM upright and finishing races, but he's not going to win a 450 championship and that's not someone Decoster can develop.

I know they are part of the same company but a premier class title on the Husky would elevate their brand even more. Proving you can win titles on both brands is a really good thing for the company.

Even though the bikes are similar I see a lot more KTM's out there than Husky's and not just at the pro level. KTM did their job and developed the brand to a point where people believe in it now more than ever. Time to switch the marketing strategy over to the Husky side and get more white bikes out there.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/8/2017 12:03 PM

Sandwarrior752 wrote:

I could never see Barcia and DeCoster getting along....

|

7/8/2017 2:17 PM

olds cool wrote:

Tickle obviously isn't as fast as Dungey but he is low maintenance, is a self starter and is not a drama queen. I can see that being appealing to Roger. He has proven on numerous occasions that he can run towards the front when he gets a good start.

lol low maintenance. i bet x brand and steve have a different opinion

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

7/8/2017 2:29 PM

olds cool wrote:

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

lol low maintenance. i bet x brand and steve have a different opinion

Maybe so but compared to the rest of the top ten guys I'd imagine that he's not as "needy" as most.

|

7/8/2017 4:44 PM

Motofinne wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

BobPA wrote:

He was my pick too. Until recently. He just can't seem to stay off the ground and stay consistent. I no longer believe he will be that great on 450s. 10th-15th is my guess.

|

7/8/2017 5:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2017 5:36 PM

olds cool wrote:

Maybe so but compared to the rest of the top ten guys I'd imagine that he's not as "needy" as most.

yeah i was just having a little jab.

I would take a 250 guy over tickle. no offence but tickles results have levelled out and i dont see much improvement coming from him over the next few years.

Get a 250 guy and build him up

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

7/8/2017 6:07 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

X3 Plessinger

Maybe the Martin's.

Motofinne wrote:

Martins?

motosurf wrote:

This!!!! Motofinne, please enlighten me with a single name in the 450 class that had done what J-Mart has on a 250? Pretty sure the answer is none of them! J-Mart has more national titles than Tomac and is tied with Roczen, so????

|

"It sure is fun to have fun!"