Tickle to 450 class in 2012?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2011 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2011 12:52 PM

So by winning the championship it seems like Broc just secured himself a spot in 450 class next year. Maybe not a good thing. According to the rules, Broc cannot defend his title as he has been in the Lites class for 3 years and won a title. Pulpmx was talking about this and if the AMA was going to change the rulebook so Broc can defend his title. We will see.

2. A rider that wins a Supercross Lites Championship will be
eligible to participate in the Supercross Lites class for a
maximum of three years total regardless of what year he/she
won the title. (i.e. if a rider wins the Championship in their
third year of Supercross Lites competition, they will be
ineligible for the Supercross Lites class regardless of points
and therefore not eligible to defend their Supercross Lites
Championship title)

|

5/13/2011 12:49 PM

another ruined career if true.... what a joke these rules are. Wish they'd look at guys like Tomac when making these ridiculous rules. I'm assuming the rules are set up to help develop younger talent... I'm of the thought that fast is fast, you don't develop anything, you're either going to kick ass or you're not. Kicking out Tickle will do nothing for younger riders. Let the dude ride with the #1 plate, geez... A young fast kid would rather finish second to Tickle than win over guys like "who". At least then they'd learn something, which ironically is the point of the rule. I thought these guys were Pros...

|

5/13/2011 12:50 PM

According to that rule, he's out alright.

But the AMA has waffled so many times over the years on Lites SX eligibility that I'm sure they can be arm-stronged into changing it again.

|

5/13/2011 1:24 PM

imho the 1 year to defend rule is all they need.

|

5/13/2011 3:47 PM

mattmatt300 wrote:

imho the 1 year to defend rule is all they need.

i totally agree.. i'm not a Tickle kinda guy (congrats to him though on title) but i do feel any rider who carries the red #1 plate in the lites class, should have the right/option to defend his title..

|

5/13/2011 3:53 PM

bullshit if they change the rule. weimer didnt get a year to defend. im sure theres others.

|

5/13/2011 4:09 PM

Its amazing he didn't throw the last race then... (sarcasm)

IMO, the 250 class is a development class and if you want a stacked 450 class, you need rules like this.

|

5/13/2011 4:11 PM

Yeah, the 450 class sucked this year, no depth huh!

|

5/13/2011 4:16 PM

I think any rider is aloud to defend a first year title not a second, Iv heard also he has a 2 year deal with Mitch, I think he's eligible for another year on lites.

|

5/13/2011 4:20 PM

Who really cares? His moment in the sunshine ends in 8 days.

|

5/13/2011 4:22 PM

Actually I don't believe he scored enough points in the first year to officially point out. I thought he scored around 68 or 86 points.

|

5/13/2011 4:24 PM

SlowOldGuy wrote:

Yeah, the 450 class sucked this year, no depth huh!

We got to see what it was like to have 5 guys capable of winning every weekend. Best season ever. Just imagine if there was 20 guys capable of winning every weekend.

|

5/13/2011 4:36 PM

T-Fish wrote:

top10 on a good day.

|

5/13/2011 4:44 PM

T-Fish wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.. The kid rips Outdoors, and if not for starts he would of been up front plenty last year. There was more than once the kid went from 18th to 5th in motos ... Not saying the PC bike is a ton better than the Star bike was at starts, but Brocs confidence is at a new level this year. I expect him to impress this year outdoors and be on the box more than ever.

|

5/13/2011 4:49 PM

DanDunes818 wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.. The kid rips Outdoors, and if not for starts he would of been up front plenty last year. There ...more

but i also expect musquin, deano, barcia, sipes, baggett, rattray, tomac, stewart and more to impress more than before too. thats a tough list to beat.

|

5/13/2011 4:50 PM

Tickle will sign for uhm ktm?

|

5/13/2011 4:50 PM

mag23 wrote:

another ruined career if true.... what a joke these rules are. Wish they'd look at guys like Tomac when making these ...more

X2 I think they should be able to race as long as they want to in the lites .. Like you said , they are all pros ....smile

|

5/13/2011 4:52 PM

T-Fish wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

top10 on a good day.

Are you high? He was getting top 10's the last two years on a Yamaha. Yes he's a buddy of mine but that doesn't have shit to do with facts. Who has come into the class this year that is going to bump him out of the top 10?

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

5/13/2011 4:53 PM

The lites class is a development class. It is clear that he has developed in the three years allowed. Now it's time to continue developing in the premier class.

|

5/13/2011 5:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2011 5:01 PM

All I know is he can rail outdoors and I hope he has a good season . If they do end up bumping him
up next year I wish him the best of luck and think he will do just fine.......smile

|

5/13/2011 5:01 PM

T-Fish wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

top10 on a good day.

Must have been a pretty good day when he passed Wilson on the last lap at Freestone last year and got second!

|

5/13/2011 5:07 PM

Don't know Broc but I do know that about 5-6 years ago I was sitting next to him at Hangtown somewhere on the hill after his race and he left behind his payout envelope for the race. Shit I think it was less than a hundred bucks but I could be wrong..but not much. So good for him that his checks are a little bigger these days.

|

5/13/2011 5:08 PM

swizcore wrote:

Are you high? He was getting top 10's the last two years on a Yamaha. Yes he's a buddy of mine but that doesn't have shit to ...more

there was alot of rookies last year that i would expect to step it up this year. deano and tomac being the biggest of the bunch. then theres marvin musquin who is no slouch. barcia is obviously on his game so far this year a little more than tickle. i think this will be a break out year for sipes. we dont know what mookie is capable of. rattray finished the year 2nd in points last year. seely is looking good so far this year.

|

5/13/2011 5:12 PM

Jason123 wrote:

The lites class is a development class. It is clear that he has developed in the three years allowed. Now it's time to ...more

I agree with you. The top 4 east and top 4 west lites riders are better than the 10-20th place supercross class riders. Roczen proved that (on a 350) and he did not even win a single lites race yet. Get the fast guys into the supercross class as quickly as possible. Of course the argument is that it will shorten the riders careers.
The advancement rules are not aggresive enough to fill a 20 man gate for the premier class with premier riders. Make some changes or make the it 10 rider mains for the supercross class.

|

5/13/2011 5:14 PM

Just to clarify , obviously his envelope was empty...didn't hijack Broc of his bucks. Just an empty envelope that said Broc Tickle....$XXX.

|

5/13/2011 5:16 PM

According to the current rulebook he is out of the class.

Tickles history in 250 SX
2011 1st 187 pts
2010 4th 140 pts
2009 12th 61 pts
2008 Injured? Did not show up in east or west final points
2007 15th 51 pts

This is the same scenario with Hansen, If he won the title he would have been out, but since he did not he can stay another year.

|

5/13/2011 5:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2011 5:22 PM

DanDunes818 wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.. The kid rips Outdoors, and if not for starts he would of been up front plenty last year. There ...more

Agreed

|

5/13/2011 5:21 PM

sbarrington314 wrote:

there was alot of rookies last year that i would expect to step it up this year. deano and tomac being the biggest of the ...more

I definitely agree on Tomac, Dean strikes me as dealing with focus a bit. Musquin is certainly a factor, Barcia is Barcia(bad dude), Sipes has found crazy speed(most impressive Lites rider improvement IMO). I think Mookie will be fast but crashy still and Rattray I expect to contend for the title, just as I do Broc.

I agree with most of your argument but I just can't see how you think top 10 will be harder for Broc on a PC bike when he was starting mid-pack on average on Yamaha's and working his way to 5th to 7th usually. There are a few guys who will be better but Broc is one of them if for no other reason the PC bike.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

5/13/2011 5:21 PM

RaceFace wrote:

Actually I don't believe he scored enough points in the first year to officially point out. I thought he scored around 68 or ...more

The way I read it does not matter how many points are scored. Broc has been in the lights class for at least three years and has won the championship. Hello 450 main event.

|

5/13/2011 5:22 PM

That also means that next year is Barcias last year.

|